Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WTH Happened?

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    Nah, just getting tired of baddies.
    How much -hate do you have on your barb?
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Yes the Tos did do 3k dps, in fact I was the only person to do 3800. Schou held it off everyone in Stoneheart gear until a full t4 DT pulled at 78%. I was very surprised as I usually end up tanking Thoth once I drop Coils. Lol.
    It wouldn't make too much difference if you're suggesting schou's lack of gear and his ability to hang onto aggro until 78% from a t4 DT somehow translates into guardians being viable. Guardians are 90% rotation/timing and player ability not so much gear.. although obviously hate gear helps. Schou has a pretty good rotation.

Anyhow read this,

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=221

and this,

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=225

I think the situation the OP describes is closely connected to another fundamental problem about this game. Age of Conan lacks community resources. By these I mean websites created and updated by players. YG was taken down about two years ago, Curse recently stopped supporting AoC. Wikis about AoC are really old and haven't been updated in ages.

Off the top of my head, Cynara's blog, Assassin's Hideout, and AoC>TV websites are the only ones that come to my mind with useful player generated stuff that you can benefit from.

There's always the forums but they're not the most efficient place to find help. Moreover, we'll be losing the old forums as well. For example, when you google a quest name or objective it's very unlikely that you'll find actual updated information that can help. The same goes for the tactics as well.

A problem that US players will soon be aware of is language. I've encountered raid leaders in pugs that don't have a basic understanding of English. Now imagine the state of non-English sources that you can use to increase your knowledge about the game. I don't think there are that many of those.

What we can do to help change this is by creating knowledge databases everyone can benefit from and by directing new/inexperienced people to those places. With proper care and moderation forums can be the place for this. In the forums I see such attempts especially under class sections, which is great. However, any guide or build that was shared here meets extreme criticism or the discussion turns into a pointless balance debate.

tl, dr: We need places where people (who are willing ofc) can go and find concise and clear information about the game.
    Macduff(guard) Duffster(conq) Zacknafein(dt)
    Gedwyn(bs) Relind(pom) Onerio(tos)
    Pyrox(hox) Yorick(necro) Luthien(demo)
    Leartes(ranger) Skalld(barb) Mercutio(sin)

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    In fact, yes. For most fights in T4, I would say all but emperor a DT can do 2~3k DPS and tank respectably. For certain fights it spikes up to 5k DPS.
    No, they can't do 2-3K dps and tank on every fight.

You've taken a perfectly legitimate point - that DTs with VOM are OP - and made it look like they need a buff with your ignorant rants.

Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    There's always the forums but they're not the most efficient place to find help. Moreover, we'll be losing the old forums as well. For example, when you google a quest name or objective it's very unlikely that you'll find actual updated information that can help. The same goes for the tactics as well.
    Yea, I often find myself reading the old forums by doing a Google search (because I'm stuck in a quest or I'm wondering what old update did what etc), I still can't get over the fact that they will be gone for good and not even available as a read only archive (instead we'll have to use Google cache or something unreliable and unpractical like that)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Macduff View Post
    I think the situation the OP describes is closely connected to another fundamental problem about this game. Age of Conan lacks community resources. By these I mean websites created and updated by players. YG was taken down about two years ago, Curse recently stopped supporting AoC. Wikis about AoC are really old and haven't been updated in ages.
    There's not enough players and community is too weak to expect this. Most of the usefull threads and community sites comes from an era where the game was a little popular, where localized-servers were populated and so on.

The second thing that prevent people to make new guides is the fact some egotistic people (so-called veterans and self-called pro of this or that) will come and trash it down by giving their PoV and summon the l2p argument which is the end of all constructive discussion.

The last thing is the lack of interest of veterans in an old game, and why making community works for the few newcomers who won't stay in the game ? The same schem starts to happens with TSW after only one year (community tools and fansites not updated like dulfy) so don't expect something from players nor from funcom.
    Last edited by Bibik; 19th August 2013 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    There's not enough players and community is too weak to expect this. Most of the usefull threads and community sites comes from an era where the game was a little popular, where localized-servers were populated and so on.

The second thing that prevent people to make new guides is the fact some egotistic people (so-called veterans and self-called pro of this or that) will come and trash it down by giving their PoV and summon the l2p argument which is the end of all constructive discussion.

The last thing is the lack of interest of veterans in an old game, and why making community works for the few newcomers who won't stay in the game ? The same schem starts to happens with TSW after only one year (community tools and fansites not updated like dulfy) so don't expect something from players nor from funcom.
    IMO, community resources were terribly weak, even when the game was relatively new and had hundreds of thousands of subscribers.

If someone wants to run a t1/t2/t3 pug then my hat is off to them. Between dps who think that they can go full tilt as soon as the tank irritates the mob (then get upset when they die) to the tanks who think goad should be spammed from the start...to dps who pull off the tank then keep hitting the mob (or whose pets hit the mob while the dpser is kiting the mobs away from the tanks trying to get it back)...or the raid gurus who give out 'suggestive criticism' for the entire raid...

I don't have the energy or desire to ever run a raid (or sixman). Its too much like work. Kudos to anyone who has the stamina and ability to get 24 puggers lined up in the same direction.

Probably half or more of the 'failed pugs' are due to the members of that pug and not the raid leader. If a raid leader wants to use the 'tank and die' method for wing3, then there is likely a darned good reason (i.e. the real way didn't work with what they had to work with).

Just make a list of raid leaders you don't want to raid with and be happy that we have pugs out there vs Tyranny. I've yet to see a day when there wasn't a pug advertising for players and that's not including the guild runs who don't need to go pug it out.

Here is the thing.

It's not a lack of getting advice, or having information pertaining to their class's. I have given builds and rotations to people, and just advice in general to individuals who set and claim face that they want it, but then turn around and implement none of it.

I see it over and over again. These people come up with reasons like,

1. I'm a casual player, so I'm going to just play the way I want to play.

2. Who cares if I loose aggro, it was the dps's fault. You pull it you tank it!

3. Being better is a matter of opinion. I topped the heals on the parse, see. If your a healer you have to focus on just healing, who cares that I only did 17 dps, If you dps your loosing focus on heals!

4. I don't need help. I hold aggro just fine without you helping me. "As they loose aggro", well they are just insane players. No one can hold aggro from them.

5. It's just a game man, who cares? As long as I'm having fun. "As the rest of the raid isn't having fun and wiping because of them"

6. Your a try hard? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

The above are the most common responses I have encountered in the game. Having a website supporting advice etc isn't going to help much at all. For every 1 player who knows what he is talking about, you have 5 baddies thinking they know what they are doing. Thus giving bad advice.

It's easier for a bad player to relate to another bad player and become friends. And we all know how that works. Every guild has the supposed "best tanks" in the game. Even if all of the really good players played with one another they would see that they are all about even. Very few exceptions! Yet the guild tag, and or friendships make those opinions very biased.

With this going on, bad players all of a sudden become the best within the bad guild. Thus becoming the go to guy's for advice. And in turn the bad players never really progress at all. They just become worse! This is what has happened to Set through the years. Bad players giving Bad advice, to new players and it just caught on like wild fire.

Meanwhile, the hardcore players got bored of the content etc, or what ever their reason. They left, leaving a diminishing effect of players who know whats actually going on.

Case and point, the addition of new websites isn't going to fix it. The only thing to fix this problem is to have people change their minds on taking advice and or who they take advice from.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Why are you doing t2s?
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast