Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WTH Happened?

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Get on Schou, I'll get on Slayer then proceed to pull from you as I do my 3k DPS then I'll tell you how you should L2p guardians (although you're probably tied for number one in terms of best aggro with guard on the server). That's how frustrating it is... they really need to either fix DTs or give guards the tools they need to do their one and only function.
    Was this is a slip? Is Slayer a real toon?
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

The learning curve for the game is too steep IMO. Furthermore, there is no way to really progress beyond the T3 by grinding or just playing PUGs/casually.

As of now, I think what's happening is a new player who just reached 80, gets back from work, grabs something to drink, dozes off, staggers over to his computer, fires up AoC,

1.) gets on global asks "any T3 happening." no reply, gives up and says, " wow this game sucks." and lets his sub pass.(although we know full well there are several t3/4s happening just all filled and in guild).

2.) gets on global and asks "any t3/t4 happening?" one t3 PUG or super rare t4 pug. They join and wipe 9 times on Hathor ka or can't get past the first room in t4. They again go, "wow this game sucks" and then let their subs pass.

People generally play games to be entertained or at least make some progress. This game's main problem is if you can't get past 3 brothers or Sheng that's it.. game over no more "progress" for you... and this is what kills it for most people. Week in and week out of this and you start going"wow this feels like work" and go " this isn't really fun." The game just isn't casual, and I think the vast majority of people out there with mortgages and jobs can't afford to sit in Schou's super duper tanking class for cool people, they got places to go people to meet families to feed. Just the cold hard truth unfortunately.

See, here it is on a forum thread out in the open.

Already excuses for the tanks. "Oh, what do you expect to do if you have a full T4 barb dps'n against an under geared tank"

1st off, This supposed under geared tank isn't under geared. I have seen full T4 guards loose aggro to casual normal dps. I have seen T3 and T2 guards loose aggro to casual dps.

WHY? It's not because of "Ringofsets theory" of the guard class is broken "Because it's not broken". It's because Raid leaders allow this crap to happen. They are essentially driving the car with a flat tire, and then saying "It's ok to be flat, atleast your on the car".

I have LITERALLY seen a wing 1 raid take 3+ hours to complete. They only allowed the dps to White hit the boss to death. Stating and I quote: "Give the tanks enough time to aggro the boss", when he told the dps to go 'All out" the boss was at 9% health, and what made me laugh even more was the fact that he still told the raid to swap sides when the boss was at 1% health.

The problem with this raid, is the fact that raid leaders on Set don't understand how to lead raids. They go through the motions of leading the raid, yet don't actually do it. They don't understand how to look at a situation that they wiped on, and find the reason for which they wiped. You will find that these same raid leaders take FOREVER to understand the basic idea of they are in a situation where their is no hope. Meaning, could be 3 people left on a fight, yet they want it to progress because they think something may turn it around.

I for one "during my raids" Can not stand a raid just getting by the skin of our teeth. I would rather wipe a possible success, and make sure the next one is a success.

And to answer Hektor's question, Yes I did have fun in your T3 raid last night. Was a smooth one!

Oh, and Ringofset, I held aggro with my baby guard in Stoneheart gear off of a fully T4'd out tos going all out on Thoth. But us guards are useless rite? I think I did 190 dps!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    See, here it is on a forum thread out in the open.

Already excuses for the tanks. "Oh, what do you expect to do if you have a full T4 barb dps'n against an under geared tank"

1st off, This supposed under geared tank isn't under geared. I have seen full T4 guards loose aggro to casual normal dps. I have seen T3 and T2 guards loose aggro to casual dps.

WHY? It's not because of "Ringofsets theory" of the guard class is broken "Because it's not broken". It's because Raid leaders allow this crap to happen. They are essentially driving the car with a flat tire, and then saying "It's ok to be flat, atleast your on the car".

I have LITERALLY seen a wing 1 raid take 3+ hours to complete. They only allowed the dps to White hit the boss to death. Stating and I quote: "Give the tanks enough time to aggro the boss", when he told the dps to go 'All out" the boss was at 9% health, and what made me laugh even more was the fact that he still told the raid to swap sides when the boss was at 1% health.

The problem with this raid, is the fact that raid leaders on Set don't understand how to lead raids. They go through the motions of leading the raid, yet don't actually do it. They don't understand how to look at a situation that they wiped on, and find the reason for which they wiped. You will find that these same raid leaders take FOREVER to understand the basic idea of they are in a situation where their is no hope. Meaning, could be 3 people left on a fight, yet they want it to progress because they think something may turn it around.

I for one "during my raids" Can not stand a raid just getting by the skin of our teeth. I would rather wipe a possible success, and make sure the next one is a success.

And to answer Hektor's question, Yes I did have fun in your T3 raid last night. Was a smooth one!

Oh, and Ringofset, I held aggro with my baby guard in Stoneheart gear off of a fully T4'd out tos going all out on Thoth. But us guards are useless rite? I think I did 190 dps!
    Was the ToS doing 3k DPS? Probably not. I can hold off aggro on every silly class except a DT in his night gown wielding a tali + ibis/yun....which does 2.2k~3k DPS (spikes to 5k in certain situations) and is STILL able to tank because he's healing 250~1000 HP per second. You see none of you here has addressed THIS fundamental issue.

Conqs also can pull but I'm toe to toe with them and I don't complain about them as much(even though for some CRaZy reason they are far out DPSing the DPS classes) since in their respective DPS spec they far and away can't tank like a guardian. But still out dpsing the sin while you still got 15k HP and better mitigation while being a bigger team asset through your conq buffs/rezz is just unbalanced and broken.
    Last edited by RingOfSet; 19th August 2013 at 16:29.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    I have LITERALLY seen a wing 1 raid take 3+ hours to complete. ...

The problem with this raid, is the fact that raid leaders on Set don't understand how to lead raids.
    Just don't imagine this is going to change with the server merge. I've joined similar W1 PUGs / semi-PUGs, as well as quite a few that disbanded at Yaremka thanks to people failing to click.

Now about full T4 guards losing aggro to casual dps... if serious raiding guilds on Set have to carry this type of player through T4, then we do have an issue that might get better with the merge
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Excuses everywhere.
    I've held aggro against Schous barb on my tank. And he's geared the **** out. It is not hard, learn your class or expect to be in less raids/6mans because a lot of players have something they call a "**** list".

Ringofset, no offense but anyone who sets back on a forum thread and touts off 3k dps over and over and over again isn't going to get any serious feedback from me. Prove it or loose it bud!

As far as a T4 tank loosing aggro, yes true story! I'm not saying that ever player on set is a baddie, and I'm not saying good players aren't still around. I'm simply saying that if you are online bored, and go to a T2 raid the % of good to the % of bad players is WAY off balance.

It has literally come to the point of "If you simply hold aggro at all" you are considered an elite tank. And I am not joking when I say this.

If you try and give advice to these people, they take it as you being an elitest and they get all but hurt about it later on.

"Oh, schou thinks he's all that and a bag of chips, well sir I hold aggro just fine using my rank 1 combo's and counter strikes"

It's literally a loose loose situation. If you don't try and help you are considered a dick who doesn't share his help. If you do try and help your trying to push your play style on to others, and you do know. We all play differently, that's what makes this game so fun. Seeing all these types of different play styles come into 1 raid, and us wiping over and over again on 4 year old content. "SARCASM"

And then you have douche's like this one guy who actually sucks beyond belief yet told me his build and rotation was a closely guarded secret. Told me he was the single best guard on all of the server, and that no one could hold aggro against him. I offered to pay gold for his rotation and he was contemplating it. "I was on a F2P acct I made out of being bored.

Back to the point. Yes, I hope that the merge helps with the players on set currently making pugs unbearable.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Was the ToS doing 3k DPS? Probably not.
    Yes the Tos did do 3k dps, in fact I was the only person to do 3800. Schou held it off everyone in Stoneheart gear until a full t4 DT pulled at 78%. I was very surprised as I usually end up tanking Thoth once I drop Coils. Lol.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Only because I was jumping up and down over and over again. I had a 3 stack on me. "Lame!"

"QUIT HERO TANKING SCHOU! GRRRRRRRRR!"

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast