Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WTH Happened?

oh well, T2 pugs seem to be still serious business
    aka Morte.. Morce.. Morte.. Morce again.. bah, whatever..

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    STOP coming up with excuses as to why the tank who had 5 min to hit the boss lost aggro to a barb doing his job and killing it.
    It's easy to do high dps on a reaver barb, even you have close to no gear. So if you go to a T2 PUG expecting not to die, you probably shouldn't be going there at all.

Sure you can ask your friends to bring tanks... but what's the point in going T2, if not to fool around?
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Get on Schou, I'll get on Slayer then proceed to pull from you as I do my 3k DPS then I'll tell you how you should L2p guardians (although you're probably tied for number one in terms of best aggro with guard on the server). That's how frustrating it is... they really need to either fix DTs or give guards the tools they need to do their one and only function.
    Please avoid feeding this troll and replying to him by more trolling.
    Reading everyday his posts is really not fun anymore.
    Last edited by Calore; 19th August 2013 at 14:01.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Please avoid feeding this troll and replying to him by more trolling.
    Reading everyday his posts is really not fun anymore.
    I wish we could vote to ban people >.>
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    well obviously you should delete your guard & roll a dt, i hear they do 3k dps every fight.
    In fact, yes. For most fights in T4, I would say all but emperor a DT can do 2~3k DPS and tank respectably. For certain fights it spikes up to 5k DPS.

The T1/T2 guilds on the Set Server will forever be on that content level. Schou is correct to rant about them being stuck because their members as well as leaders do nothing to address raid wipes or help members learn their class properly. It is why they still cannot progress past Hathor-Ka, or take an entire week to do 1 T3 raid. There are at least 5 guilds that fit this scenario.

Most of them are fed invaluable information and are lost in the dark when it comes to basic game mechanics(blue/green/big heals, soldier aggro, improperly feated/geared). They constantly make excuses instead of trying to listen to the people that do know what to do.

I do not think this will ever change as 95% of the people in those guilds are happy to wipe constantly, bring in fresh 80s in tortage gear, log on once every 2 weeks, or just don't care. Guarantee 99% of them have no clue this forum even exists or even bother to read the shiny text on the game launcher.

Good luck Schou trying to change anything, but I guess the merge might help out a bit.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I do not think this will ever change as 95% of the people in those guilds are happy to wipe constantly, bring in fresh 80s in tortage gear, log on once every 2 weeks, or just don't care.
    And why do you care? As long as these people pay their subs to wipe in T2, all "pros" should be happy that they exist.

And btw, all of us started out once. Some of the people we played with then chose to improve. Some chose to leave the game. Some chose to play the game very casually without any focus on achievement. So what?

Finally, this is what an average MMO "career" looks like:
    1* Player gets recruited by a run-of-the-mill guild via global. If not, he leaves the game.

2* Player decides to improve, stagnate, or leave. If he decides to improve, he joins a "serious casual" guild.

3* Player decides to improve, stagnate, or leave again. If he decides to improve, he joins a hardcore guild.

I'm not even sure whether step 2 still exists on the US side due to the lack of players over there. So do you guys in T4 guilds benefit from the existence of run-of-the-mill guilds? Sure... unless you really want to recruit noobs via global yourself.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    And why do you care? As long as these people pay their subs to wipe in T2, all "pros" should be happy that they exist.

And btw, all of us started out once. Some of the people we played with then chose to improve. Some chose to leave the game. Some chose to play the game very casually without any focus on achievement. So what?

Finally, this is what an average MMO "career" looks like:
    1* Player gets recruited by a run-of-the-mill guild via global. If not, he leaves the game.

2* Player decides to improve, stagnate, or leave. If he decides to improve, he joins a "serious casual" guild.

3* Player decides to improve, stagnate, or leave again. If he decides to improve, he joins a hardcore guild.

I'm not even sure whether step 2 still exists on the US side due to the lack of players over there. So do you guys in T4 guilds benefit from the existence of run-of-the-mill guilds? Sure... unless you really want to recruit noobs via global yourself.
    I care because it was the overall point of the OP?

Step 2 exists for 1% of the US server population. US servers have never had the pop that the Eu servers always had.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    O.O. .. holy tamoleys Batman! You are absolutely right! How did I miss that?! Duh, silly me. OK, wow now that's figured out what should I (guardian) do? ..oh wait...
    you should go stand in the corner and afk because you're trash and won't get aggro off anything anyway. or better yet, uninstall, log out of the forums and go troll some other game.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I care because it was the overall point of the OP?
    Fair enough, then I guess we agree that this is a non-issue.
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast