Thread: Herald of Xolti's Stance Animations

Default Herald of Xolti's Stance Animations

It's long overdue that Female Herald of Xolti's stance animations be updated. It is most likely the main reason few Herald of Xoltis are female(and possibly the old old bug of slower attack animation that once existed).

Here is a video showing the differences between Male and Female stance animations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTSHntSVsSg

I would like to see them either receive complete new animation(more effort), or given males animations (holding their sword upright without a wide stance).

If you are in support, please voice your opinion. Maybe if we cry enough, funcom will get the message.
    Last edited by Kogoro; 18th August 2013 at 14:45.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

i'm sure it's added to their list, which is at the bottom of the pile because they have no intention of doing anything with hox's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wickeds View Post
    i'm sure it's added to their list, which is at the bottom of the pile because they have no intention of doing anything with hox's.
    No they will add it to the top, fix it, then say "there's your HoX revamp....next!!"
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

What is wrong in that stance? Female HoX has better stance than male one imo

btw, my HoX was male
    Last edited by JinDjw; 18th August 2013 at 22:07.

Are you sure you didn't make your hox too tall? Because that could be the issue. Make sure you send in a petition to funcom ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Otar View Post
    Are you sure you didn't make your hox too tall? Because that could be the issue. Make sure you send in a petition to funcom ASAP.
    It is easy to recreate this glitch. Simply level a female HoX to level 3 on the lowest height slider. Then use the environment to measure your height and cast Desecrating Essence. Your character will grow to a males height (because Desecrating Essence uses a male model) and will not revert to the size of a female when the effect ends.

I have sent petitions / emails to funcom, the GMs said they would report it to the Devs and the Devs said it would be fixed next major patch (which was 4.1) but never was.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Actually all female animations are slower then males for all classes, except maybe sin and ranger.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

I think the breakdown is in the drawn-weapon/default stance, not the actual animations or speed (but since every animation starts/stops with the rest/default position, that is still a big problem). It's just not natural to have the sword held so far out or so high in front.

I made this suggestion in another thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Most Heralds are not careers soldiers with weapon training and muscles. They are normal citizens or mages who [were possessed by a demon]. One imagines that the strap on that sword must chafe when you only wear cloth.

It'd be fun if there were options [e.g., AA feats?] for having this unnatural combo of "civilian plus giant sword" reflected in how my characters actually carry their weapons:
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

The stance is perfect for females, and I would never wish to exchange it with the one of the male.

The wide stance and a lowered two-handed weapon for females (conqueror, barbarian, herald of xotli) all look different (and better, in my opinion).

That being said, please leave it as it is!
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 20th August 2013 at 09:41.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.