Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Rogue Class (PvE)

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    Sure, I can make up numbers too and hold agro against 9000 DPS on my guard.
    I sincerely WISH those numbers were made up. Then I can at least go back to playing. But here, don't take my word for it. Get a second opinion.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=221

And this,

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...&postcount=225

And I'm gonna post Screenies of my fights in raid, people who say you can't tank every single boss/trash/everything in this game with this build, hasnt been trying.

Trading aggro is a bit tricky, but that is why you get 4 DT's in raid and people you have experience with.

Whats your comeback? Burst aggro? WHO THE @#$@ CARES ABOUT BURST AGGRO? PLZ...thats NOT a reason. Uh oh, I gotta hold back for 15 seconds before the fight because a guardian can't "burst aggro" ... this is dumb and you're only trying to make yourself feel better about a clearly gimp and useless class.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I forgot about the Negative Hate (can they boost hate too?) .. I can see where the negative hate can be useful to keep the conqs off the DT's or vice versa, depending upon the situation...sigh... I'm trying very very hard to avoid using the words Conq and DT. But really I can't talk about raiding without talking about these 2 classes. They are at the Apex, of DPS, of tanking, and throw in conq rezz and the two classes are essential.

ANYHOW, it seems like the order for DPS is Assassin > Barbarian > Ranger (although they are ranged/can drain mana and are WAY OP in PvP...so it's ok they are last). And I don't particularly enjoy playing ranged classes. So I guess to sum it all up, is there any significant difference between Assassin and Barbarian other then a trade off of DPS vs. HP/survivability?
    Reading your posts I honestly have built a strong opinion that you have no clue about a lot of this game mechanics.

Sorry for beeing rude, but you are really floating forum with misconceptions that are really confusing community and especially unexp players looking for valuable info.

I'll not spend time to explain where you fail, but just consider that DPS / aggro / hate / role (tank or damage dealer) are all connected, and add group utility (buffs, debuffs etc) to the list of important stuff.
    So class which pushes highest DPS is not simply the best damage dealer class, as well as aggro is not an "aggro locking" competition.

It's fortunately not as simple that (otherwise there would be serious problems in game), and your efforts to show that it is like that really confirm my opinion, but what is bad is that they create a lot of confusion.
    Last edited by Calore; 17th August 2013 at 12:37.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Calore View Post
    Reading your posts I honestly have built a strong opinion that you have no clue about a lot of this game mechanics.

Sorry for beeing rude, but you are really floating forum with misconceptions that are really confusing community and especially unexp players looking for valuable info.

I'll not spend time to explain where you fail, but just consider that DPS / aggro / hate / role (tank or damage dealer) are all connected, and add group utility (buffs, debuffs etc) to the list of important stuff.
    So class which pushes highest DPS is not simply the best damage dealer class, as well as aggro is not an "aggro locking" competition.

It's fortunately not as simple that (otherwise there would be serious problems in game), and your efforts to show that it is like that really confirm my opinion, but what is bad is that they create a lot of confusion.
    There is no aggro locking if you get several of the same kinds (DT's) together. It's aggro locking when you got a DT and guardian together. This isn't rocket science, the game is truly imbalanced. I'm beginning to question my return here, and understanding and realizing why WE ARE NOW DOWN TO ONE SERVER.

I really wish they can make an AoC 2... only hope is a possible GOT MMO...talk about realism.

Whats your comeback?
    pretty much that everything you've ever come out with is stuff that you've "learned" from the forums and effectively have no context of anyway. you have no idea about the game, hence you're asking very trivial questions about very basic game/class mechanics in other threads, so basic that anyone with half the experience you claim to have would know the answer too.

i hope by now this is becoming blatantly obvious to the people that you're just a joke and nothing you've said has any merit because of it.

maybe link your own parses? or, tell people your toon names, you talk big, but you won't do either of these things.

There is no aggro locking if you get several of the same kinds (DT's) together. It's aggro locking when you got a DT and guardian together. This isn't rocket science, the game is truly imbalanced. I'm beginning to question my return here, and understanding and realizing why WE ARE NOW DOWN TO ONE SERVER.

I really wish they can make an AoC 2... only hope is a possible GOT MMO...talk about realism.
    Didn't know rogues supposed to be tanking... wait.. did I just write in fail thread of someone whining on how bad guards are?
    Last edited by nedbee; 17th August 2013 at 16:41.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

In a raid setup, i love reaver/gen barbs with distraction buff : good dps output and distraction is really nice for tos/pom/other dpsers.

You have to realize it's enough (imbalance with guardians) to make someone who is obssessed with the game to consider really giving it up for good. You may say "Ok well good, because nothing is wrong with guardians". Rather think more along the lines of "Well, is there a real problem with this class or classes...as it really involves several classes here." I'm not the only one, apart from all the EU QQing on these boards, one thing I can guarantee you is that I'm not the only person to believe that there is truly wrong with the balance of the game. And perhaps not even classes but also in PvP and other areas as well. Well, at least TSW is a kick ass game.(been playing that more often nowadays anyway.)

Guy is 100% troll and the whole forum would be better off completely ignoring him.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Guy is 100% troll and the whole forum would be better off completely ignoring him.
    Yeah I realize now he is just a troll.
    End of the story.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast