Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Rogue Class (PvE)

so, in short: if there's good tanks in guild, roll dt/conq
    if not, roll rogue.. or if you don't give a ****, roll healer

Roll all 3 just to be safe, and best to have the 4th as mage, preferably demo/necro for when you're playing while really drunk.

I think what he's trying to say is.

Only class's worth a damn is DT Conq, and healers. Is this pretty much what you are wanting us to say?
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    What is the best rogue class for PvE? In terms of damage and general usefulness?
    Why are you asking this on the aoc forums instead of asking some of the people in your hardcore raiding guild that works on a higher level than the rest of us where the DPS all go too hard for full t4 guards to hold aggro?

I forgot about the Negative Hate (can they boost hate too?) .. I can see where the negative hate can be useful to keep the conqs off the DT's or vice versa, depending upon the situation...sigh... I'm trying very very hard to avoid using the words Conq and DT. But really I can't talk about raiding without talking about these 2 classes. They are at the Apex, of DPS, of tanking, and throw in conq rezz and the two classes are essential.

ANYHOW, it seems like the order for DPS is Assassin > Barbarian > Ranger (although they are ranged/can drain mana and are WAY OP in PvP...so it's ok they are last). And I don't particularly enjoy playing ranged classes. So I guess to sum it all up, is there any significant difference between Assassin and Barbarian other then a trade off of DPS vs. HP/survivability?

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    Why are you asking this on the aoc forums instead of asking some of the people in your hardcore raiding guild that works on a higher level than the rest of us where the DPS all go too hard for full t4 guards to hold aggro?
    One of these days I'm gonna get on a RA raid... then bring your guard. Please, I invite you to hold agro against my 2500(sustained), 5000 DPS (spike) DT. Yeah...good luck with that.

For single target I think Sin will produce more dps. However in certain raid situations a barb can rack up better dps if there is multiple targets.

For solo questing I think barb wins and can take on more foes at once.

One of these days I'm gonna get on a RA raid... then bring your guard. Please, I invite you to hold agro against my 2500(sustained), 5000 DPS (spike) DT. Yeah...good luck with that.
    Sure, I can make up numbers too and hold agro against 9000 DPS on my guard. By the way don't you supposedly already have a sin?
    my full T3 Sin does what 1500~1700 DPS?
    Yet you don't know what rogues do besides DPS and FH/TW? Have you ever even looked at the rogue feat trees or read the descriptions of their AAs? Have you ever even moused over the group buffs you get in a raid to see what they do? Ever tried the novel idea of talking to any of your friends/guildies who play rogues?
    So, again is there perhaps another reason I should pick a sin over a barb? I really have no idea what rogues do other then fh/tw and of course DPS.
    You portray yourself as some amazingly good player in an elite hardcore raiding guild (and won't disclose who you are or which guild)... yet you come to the AoC forums asking basic questions like what last stand, call to arms and ardent battle cry do or which rogue class does the most DPS (anybody who's ever looked at a parse for reasons other than to whine about DTs and conqs knows sins win single target and barbs win AoE and have more CCs in a DPS build as plenty of people have already stated). Most anybody actually in a hardcore raiding guild - or even any halfway decent guild - would ask basic mechanics questions of their guildies or friends first. When I dusted my sin off after 2 years, I talked to Schou rather than posting to these forums (his build and rotation incidentally let my T2 armor /crafted blue dagger sin out DPS your supposed T3 sin).

You post things like the following which has to either be a joke or signs of delusions of grandeur:
    And I know this might sound incredibly arrogant. But I think my guild and I are playing the game at such a high level that what I'm trying to describe here is flying over the heads of many people here. In fact, I think this is whats happening and the reason why we're having such a disconnect.
    So my question remains - are you the best troll ever or do you actually believe your own nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    So my question remains - are you the best troll ever or do you actually believe your own nonsense?
    http://i.imgur.com/5uYPF.gif

Agent Sniper does the most dps.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast