Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Rogue Class (PvE)

Default Best Rogue Class (PvE)

What is the best rogue class for PvE? In terms of damage and general usefulness?

Is it assassin? They usually get the highest DPS on my parses ..well oddly enough right below the DT and Conqs.

Bad try to start a flamewar. 0/10

Pleaaase come again (apu)
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

As for damage, I think assassins have the highest ceiling, followed by barbs, then rangers, at least in raid parses I've seen. I have all 3, all at least T3/Khitai geared and I do the most dps on my sin, followed by my reaver barb.

From my perspective rogues bring DPS and their TW/FH. So in raids the challenge is to try and get the highest DPS....although DTs and Conqs will already be #1and #2..(swear to god everything just comes back to those 2 broken classes.)

Maybe I should try my hand at healers since there is absolutely no overlap between a DT and a PoM.

Incredible. You achieve the impressive performance of polluting & derailing your OWN thread and making it go off topic. You begin with a "Best rogue poll" kinda thread, and end up after only two post to some whining about how DT and conq are and asking if you shouldn't run a POM because at least "you won't be outclassed by the uberOP DT/conq, lol".

Bald move cotton, but I think you're too obvious here, you should make it more subtle. 0/10

If I had to answer to original question, however, I would said that the Sin probably take the lead in term of damage, but I think barb can have nicer group buff. But again, my comparaison is quite limited as I never had the will to level a ranger up 80. I always end up deleting them of boringness after like 30/40 lvl so I have more difficult to really rate them properly.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 16th August 2013 at 19:20.

I don't get how are you going to determine "what is the best PVE rogue class" by comparing assassins to DT and Conq.
    Retired

Listen, I'm honestly just trying to explore other options for play with my guild..since I'm tired of hearing "sure I guess we can do t4 with guardians" and then hearing on vent "yeah its cool frank I can tone down my DPS." coming from the DT.It really pisses me and the other guards(probably) off when hearing this... like I'm playing a invalid class.

ANYHOW. This is a serious thread about which rogue class is best for raids, Rogues do DPS (I get the distinct impression that that is what they do) When speaking about DPS it is not out of the ordinary to talk about who does the MOST DPS. So Conqs and DTs invariably came up...I'M SORRY. IT IS WHAT IT IS.

So, again is there perhaps another reason I should pick a sin over a barb? I really have no idea what rogues do other then fh/tw and of course DPS.

all rogues are best for raids, all rogues do dps, all rogues have fh+tw. end of discussion

Assassin does the most single target dps you can get.

Barb is really nice single target and group. Also, it has a very nice potential of dps along with feating Cheat the Reaper. It's the most forgiving in terms of feating it out.

Ranger does the least dps single target, yet has the range needed and the mana drain's that are sometimes needed in raids etc. Nice becuase they don't have to be in the way of the melee etc. "Easy mode"

Their ya go, the list of each class along with each class's strengths and weaknesses.
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

All rogues can do serious DPS if one knows how to play them. Barbs and sins can feed -hate to their group without gimping themselves remotely and bring FH/TW (like Maly said).

I know where you're going with this; what do they have over conqs and DTs is your end game in this thread, and that is serious -hate advantages and burst damage.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast