Thread: The Big Merge & Names

Default The Big Merge & Names

A thought occurred that while you guys transfer over people from EU to US, and are searching for duplicate names etc. you can also clear names that haven't been logged on for the first few months since this game went live. You know kinda kill two birds with one stone,as name resets was one of the things the pbase(and especially new players) have been asking for.

A complete wipe may not even be neccesary, just if your search program (or however you're doing it) chances upon a toon that hasn't logged on for years and is part of an inactive account then the toon can be replaced with the "numbered name" and if ever that person returns he can change his name to whatever he likes.

I say this now because names are becoming impossible to create and these game immersion breaking names are becoming more and more the norm. Further the need for names are going to be crucial as I figure A LOT of people are gonna find themselves needing a rename due to the merge.

Something to consider, Funcom.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    ...transfer over people from EU to US,
    Actually US server will be merged into EU. (Set into Crom iirc)
    Pontuz - HoX
    Ponthus - Demo
    Pondtus - DT
    + plenty of alts like everyone else

Create unique names, they are always possible in almost every game

I thought they already said that during the merge old non used toons/accounts are going to be "archived", if the account is logged in again it recovers it, however login will be longer while it does that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    I thought they already said that during the merge old non used toons/accounts are going to be "archived", if the account is logged in again it recovers it, however login will be longer while it does that.
    So from this I can conclude that an archived account's toon names are preserved until someone decides to roll up a toon with that name at which time the archived toons name will be changed to numbers and would need a rename.

If so, excellent Funcom. You guys rock and this merge will be badly needed HUGE victory. Again, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pondtus View Post
    Actually US server will be merged into EU. (Set into Crom iirc)
    So are the Servers then going to remain in the EU? I know that TSW servers are here in the US somewhere, and after reading the Game Director letters (since i'm new and wanted to know) seems like all the servers are already in the same location they just need to be merged together. I'm mostly wondering since I live in the middle of nowhere in the US so if the servers are already in EU i'm having a good connection but if they have not moved then I might have some lag problems once they do.

Quote Originally Posted by LotsWife View Post
    So are the Servers then going to remain in the EU? I know that TSW servers are here in the US somewhere, and after reading the Game Director letters (since i'm new and wanted to know) seems like all the servers are already in the same location they just need to be merged together. I'm mostly wondering since I live in the middle of nowhere in the US so if the servers are already in EU i'm having a good connection but if they have not moved then I might have some lag problems once they do.
    All the servers are in the US already. What Pondtus said it's that, if he recall correctly, that's the CROM (filled currently with the EU base player) will absorb the US database of Set. Probably because Set have less players, so less data to transfer.

Or maybe they wanna make up for EU players because we got high latency.

And EU names are more stylish anyway, Fury and Rage.
    Crom can suck balls