Thread: Vortex of the Storm

Default Vortex of the Storm

I feel that playing PoM in here is the most frustrating annoying experience of any class. When playing healer I seem to be getting knocked down almost all the time and in the short time I am on my feet I barely manage to squeeze in my heals let alone try for any relevant damage.

Is there any trick to avoiding the knockbacks?

Are healers given extra attention by Air and Water? I really don't think I get knocked down half as much while playing other classes.

Standing in front of him, or directly behind him, but not the furthest person back. Standing to the sides, seems to kb more. I dunno, I hardly ever get kbed, whether its melee or ranged.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Default movement will save you..!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    I feel that playing PoM in here is the most frustrating annoying experience of any class. When playing healer I seem to be getting knocked down almost all the time and in the short time I am on my feet I barely manage to squeeze in my heals let alone try for any relevant damage.

Is there any trick to avoiding the knockbacks?

Are healers given extra attention by Air and Water? I really don't think I get knocked down half as much while playing other classes.
    I dont know how experienced you are in this specific instance,
    but always keep your eyes open for the swirling tornadoes that approach every once in a while, they are responsible for the knockbacks,plus many times boss himself may knock you down if you aggro him..
    also many times there are some particles building up around the boss.
    something like ice shards or so, they come random,you have to move away from them too..
    so conclusion,always move, go around,go in front,go back,never stand in one spot..its a good instance to learn how to play your class under pressure i think..!!!

Best trick to avoid knockbacks, roll a tank and stay in defensive stance, use Resolve when Lighter than Air is cast on you.

As a healer, you would want to stay behind the boss and always moving to avoid tornadoes. Never, not ever stand between boss and the frame of fighting area or between boss and water. If you get kb'd into these parts of the instance, it is done deal and you would need a FR to continue the fight.

I usually stand between water and the outer ring and sideways to the boss, double tap each eruption getting cast, win.
    God loves human virtues like courage and hope, but he loves screams, blood and despair just as much. If he didn't, there's no way fresh intestines could be so colorful!

I know how to avoid the blue tornadoes, you get that green debuff cast on you right before it happens.
    I avoid the small tornadoes if I see them in time. I'm pretty sure they only damage you without knocking you back.
    It doesn't matter if you stand between the boss and the outside of the arena, what matters is where your back is facing. If you are standing behind the boss facing away from him you will get knocked back TOWARDS THE BOSS. It's silly I know, but there is no animation for getting knocked forwards or sideways.

I will try double tapping but I get the feeling I will spend half my time double tapping.
    Last edited by Daynan; 19th August 2013 at 04:43.