Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you imagine player housing?

Could you please stop creating new threads about player housing. Its not gonna happen. Not that its just absolutly futile thing but funcom does not have resources to do something like that. We would be lucky if they managed finish server merges and rest of the dragon spine content plus craft revamp.
    Elleanorr - Stygian Demonologist
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I'd prefer my player housing to be this place where you have to bring 23 other people into and have it be called T5. If funcom, with a very limited amount of dev power, spends any time at all doing anything along the lines of that horse racing, freeze tag, decorate my house crap, they will really alienate their playerbase. Finishing Dragon Spine (including t5 raid), unchained minis, crafting revamp, and a new minigame map are the only things we have a chance of getting before they put the game in total cruise control.
    Amen brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlya View Post
    I have to contradict you: you do not at all answer the topic nor try to be constructive, you decide that housing is pointless without defining what is housing for you, whereas the topic's purpose is exactly to define what could be a useful housing and propose which features it should address.

If we asked 'what is a nice build for POM', no need to answer 'you should roll DT cause POM sucks'... That's exactly what you did here.
    yes again my answer is there is no purpose or usefulness to player housing and its would be a colossal waste of resources just like tag racing and the other pointless crap already in the game.

as to your terrible analogy that's clearly not what i stated if you had made a post saying "does pom need a revamp/buff" i would have responded "No resources for the game should be used on more important issues and not a waste of time" That's exactly what i did.

Please stop wasting peoples time with this nonsense cause if funcom actually did listen we all lose.

TO REPOST IT ALL AGAIN...

.hub city player house instances
    featuring small stat increase to owner small stuff like 40 natural mana/stamina regen

and most importantly a unique trader like special extra inventory space of around 50-100 slots

instance doesnt need anything special just look "pretty" and integrated in hub city cultural background

sell it at around 1500-2000 funcom points

if you promise to invest money from this endevour to suport more content for aoc you will see us players buy it even if we dont care about player housing.

.guild cities housing

small destructbile tents like the already existing models ingame like in thunder river near palicades.

some tents merely decorative and undestructible to suport rp inguilds and mere aesthetics of diverse ingame cultural tents wich can be found all around aoc

other tents featuring small faction representatives issuing simple quests to go oposite enemy guild cities to destroy oposite faction tents

add possibility to truely decorate whole guild cities according to a culture

this part should be a pure recicling of already existing code to provide easy expansion to guild cities construction and adding simple faction/pvp integration with guild vs guild content

that is what i sugest for funcom, and i realy dont care other players lack of imagination thinking player housing cant both be a lucrative endevour and a fullfillment of an increase of content in aoc.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Player customizeable content is never a waste of resources, but usually a good investment. Be it from avatar creation in a fighting game like soul calibur to complete neighbourhood building as in sims.

I also repeating from an older post (leaving to what i see doable with the current tech and engine):

- you could both have "houses" in the hubs you could buy access, in the guild cities and in the wilderness unlocked by achievements or quests
    - these "houses" could be "doors" (doors or useable levers, holes etc.) leading to a villa, hideout, tent interior etc.. It would work just like standard instancing now (like guild cities, just a lot smaller scale)
    - they would be empty, but would hold spots and such for placing furniture (as in guild cities) and trophies (earned through pve OR pvp)
    - they would allow to have the option for buying additional rooms (depending on house size and culture setting, example garden, throne room, cellar, temple) and servants/hirelings (trader, willing minion sacrifice, tradeskill merchant, guard etc.).

This would make it possible to create/buy a mansion in old tarantia (using a new villa door). From the main hall showing the chars achievements, statues, servants, guards and a trader, there will be additional doors to a kitchen, bedroom and a secret underground temple to Set...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th August 2013 at 10:52.

What has gotten into all of you? You are all like possessed with this idea. U forgot one important thing which many said before. Funcom has now little resources and that little they have to split on three games and guess which one has the top priority...So instead of wasting it on some player housing they should focus on finishing all the stuff they promised to deliver this year and fixing bugs.
    Last edited by Elleanorr; 15th August 2013 at 12:04.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Elleanorr View Post
    What has gotten into all of you? You are all like possessed with this idea. U forgot one important thing which many said before. Funcom has now little resources and that little they have to split on three games and guess which one has the top priority...So instead of wasting it on some player housing they should focus on finishing all the stuff they promised to deliver this year and fixing bugs.
    priority for any company is make money.
    player housing can be money.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Sure but I bet you that money invested into creating this wont drag that much new players that it would pay off and Funcom know this (they can do a math). So only ones I can see who wants to have this in game are already playing (and i guess paying) players (customers).
    Last edited by Elleanorr; 15th August 2013 at 12:17.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Quote Originally Posted by Elleanorr View Post
    Sure but I bet you that money invested into creating this wont drag that much new players that it would pay off and Funcom know this (they can do a math). So only ones I can see who wants to have this in game are already playing (and i guess paying) players (customers).
    Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    if you promise to invest money from this endevour to suport more content for aoc you will see us players buy it even if we dont care about player housing.

that is what i sugest for funcom, and i realy dont care other players lack of imagination thinking player housing cant both be a lucrative endevour and a fullfillment of an increase of content in aoc.
    key part is a compromise from company to keep investing in aoc.
    it saddens me last 2 years or more of the money i spent in aoc was all invested in tsw fail game wich has so many things that could have been in aoc instead like warzones achievements/lore pvp systems, and other things.

also i just want more inventory space give me a house to store all my crap
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Every player has other favorites for what Funcom should do. For me, every PvP-improvement would be waste of time.

First they should deliver all the promised stuff like crafting but WE can talk about future plans like HOUSING.

For me, Housing should be a place which has to be built/crafted and which you have to care of by repairing and improving. if you dont care it will wreck down and leave loot for other players after several months.
    I would like to put loot on the walls which now fills up my inventory. Other players should be allowed to enter the houses and can look (Look only! of course) at the interior.
    It would be nice to get a buff if you rest in your house or log off and log in there.
    I like the idea of renting a flat in Khemi but I like more to build an own house in the guild city. But be careful if you leave the guild without moving your home...
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast