Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How do you imagine player housing?

Default How do you imagine player housing?

Do you see it rather as the guild city model i.e customisable constructions in a dedicated zone that require a very large effort to improve passably?

Do you see it rather as the social instance of the Serpent Inn in Khemi but that could be rented for longer periods with some customisations available?

Should it be constructed/purchased once for all? or rented periodically in order to spend Gold?

What features would be associated? bind point, extra storage, decorations, RP items, crafting bonuses when inside the zone? ...

---

Personally i would like to see apartment rentals in the main cities, that would fit well into the existing settings: a few extra clickable doors, a concierge at the door to receive the payments (vet tokens or gold), a few instances that could highly benefit already existing content.
    I do not like the ghost effect associated to dedicated zones deserted by players that stopped playing, and since these zones involve all new mechanics, there are often a lot of DEV charge and a lot of bugs associated.

The features would be basic such as extra storage, crafting bonuses (can't say much since i'm not in the course of what's in the craft revamp), etc. Some decoration slots could be added if some trophies were added to the game, though optional.

Option to rent from 3 'tiers':
    T1 instance is single room, cheapest variant that can provide 1 extra storage and 1 feature to choose from the list.
    T2 is a more comfortable condo, that provides 2 extra storages and 2 features to choose from.
    T3 is for master housing comparable to the housing instances of Noble district that provides 3 extra storages and the full set of features.

Example of reusable content with minor tweaking:
    T1: House of Kalanthes in tarantia, Serpent inn room in khemi, Tina's room in Tortage
    T2: Guild cities 'underground' social instance
    T3: Small Mansions of the Noble district, Palace of Yun Rau, ...

I do agree it's not a priority at all, lots of things need to be done first. But still housing is something I would have liked in Age of Conan.

But yeah it requires lots of ressources and they better use it for something else, like pvp related things.

Thanks for both your participations but the thread title reads "Use your imagination to describe the player housing you would like to see" =)

As for PVP, which is in your high priorities for resource affectation, that could be such thing as 'private arenas housing' and so on

I'm sure we all would like sonething, wherever it would be on priorities list =) Thanks
    Last edited by Gevlya; 13th August 2013 at 16:38.

There are plenty of doors in various regions which could lead to instanced houses. So if you are in khemi it would be a more Stygian themed look, or ardishar would be more turanian. From there, you could decorate your house via different methods. If you obtain varios items that are dropped via pvp, and only pvp, you could mount a human head on your wall. =P
    Why not a dragons head for killing Vistrix X number of times?
    Also, there should be craftable items which would make architecture worthwhile and at least marginally profitable, or at least get back some of the ridiculous amount of gold you sunk into it already.

Quote Originally Posted by JinDjw View Post
    Waste of resources
    I'll unsub if they waste time on this.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    I'll unsub if they waste time on this.
    I'll sub for longer if they waste time on this.

i imagine player housing in sims or hello kitty not in aoc so pointless at this point in time with the multitude of fixes that need priority

If they provide more storage space (as in bigger bags and better item stack-ability) and more power armor tabs (like a soldier magic tank set, melee tank and dps) I'd be ok if they delay housing significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    i imagine player housing in sims or hello kitty not in aoc so pointless at this point in time with the multitude of fixes that need priority
    What is pointless is to troll in a subject where obviously you do not want to participate, or may be you lack imagination at all? You should be moderated promptly to stay in the subject if you lack the self control and politeness to moderate yourself as an adult.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast