Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Merge, Server Transfers, and Other Servers.

Fury is healthy.

If pvpers transfer to the pve server it will be really sad and they'll miss out on duels, occasional open world pvp (the merges could bring some more frequent open world pvp), Bori farmers struggling to dig cos they get ganked and overall much better pug minis. Don't go on a pve server and then complain about how pug minis suck and how open world pvp is dead, please

I do like the idea of a single server but there's no perfect solution IMO and FC is most likely not going to do that. Cross server tech would be great though
    Last edited by kalston; 12th August 2013 at 14:12.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Option for PvP instance would completely kill any world pvp what is left in game. Worst possible solution, it is too easy to exploit it.

I don't think PvP players move to PvE servers after merge, i think they come from PvE servers to PvP servers to meet new challenges and possibilities.

Me personally can't wait to play with USa people.
    Last edited by JinDjw; 12th August 2013 at 14:25.

There is still no word on when the server is going to be...
    If it is this month Funcom should of already announced a date.

Im afraid it might not come this month... sigh
    population keep on bleeding

Merge needs to happen

So funcom can move on to next phase which is fix the latency for Europeans by implementing the secret world network tech whatever it is they said a while ago. Apprently in the TWS EU gets 80-150 Latency while now they get 150-300 latency... you see it would be a big help.

If the merge comes at the end of this month, they'll announce it sometime this week otherwise next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Not really, but the discussion is valid

What you both forget, I think, is that the majority of PvEers rarely if ever PvP. They don't know the mechanics, keyboard-turn and remain static targets.
    In short, farm material.
    Do not underestimate keyboard turners ! Trust me they can do very good without having to switch to mouse turning and fancy gamer gear to compete.

In short, farm material
    Yes and no. It's true when you play alone. It isn't that much when you play in groupe. You can be a "decoy". First guild i was in was a very social guild with a handfull of very good PvPers and the rest hmmmh... well... so in PvP it went like this. Most players where mainly there to make it harder to target the real threats. It was just formulated in a more diplomatic manner. But it worked. For those wanting to go further, guild trainings and events were created for this matter. So it wasn't as horrible experrience as just going into minis solo and hoping for the best.

If we go further guilds also had various ennemies. We use to have ongoing wars between the top guilds. But also smaller ones between smaller guilds. In short, everyone had ennemies at their "level".

Basicly RP-PvP servers worked around guild rivaleries. So each guild had Kill on Sight lists and mostly killed players in the guilds on those lists leaving alone those who compleatly wanted to keep out of PvP. Besides petty gankers easy to scare off or avoid open-world PvP followed these lines.

I dislike the idea of tagging for PvE or PvP before enterring a zone it would be an option if PvP content was comming but it's unlikely. Therefore, since 9 out if 10 times (khesh asside) when a player enters an open world zone it's for PvE (questing, farming mats, exploring,...), PvP zones would be empty.
    I like it when guilds are usefull and when being in one brings something to the guild. Currently, guilds are useless besides high end raiding. Like most players i play with i do a bit of everything. PvE, PvP, raid, siege, craft, RP... i find it great when every aspect of the game mingles together and makes it worth while.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    Do not underestimate keyboard turners ! Trust me they can do very good without having to switch to mouse turning and fancy gamer gear to compete.
    Don't I know it

What you describe sounds good... Sounds perfect... It is also in a past, that I severely doubt will return.

I don't know what it is like on EU side, but on the US side RPers are mostly considered weirdoes by PvPers and are simply targets. Do some public RP and you can bet in a few minutes you'll have a truckload of PvPers trying to destroy the RP while they wait for a mini to pop.
    I'd hate to be a RPer on a PvP server in the current atmosphere *shrugs*

It will not be the "death" of Tyranny. On the contrary I'm moving all my Set toons back to Tyranny and I'm sure there will be others that will do the same.

You see, with open world pvp, it is different everytime. Different odds, and different situations. That is pvp content that really can't be over looked. It is in fact the best type of pvp in this game (in my opinion). So I'm sure many of the mini game warriors will want to expand on a pvp server that actually has a population again.

And Fury does t4 so the people that love pve won't lose anything...only gain.

On Fury nowdays 10 times more pvp going than on Crom, no1 sane who wants pvp transfer away ;o
    Cripples gonna cripple

I dont think American players will come to fury, skillcap even now is just too big (even with latency help) they better off at crom where they likely won't get farmed that badly..maybe they come to fury at merge but will soon realize that game is played at whole different level over here and migrate to server more suitable to their talents..

Quote Originally Posted by Jurski View Post
    I dont think American players will come to fury, skillcap even now is just too big (even with latency help) they better off at crom where they likely won't get farmed that badly..maybe they come to fury at merge but will soon realize that game is played at whole different level over here and migrate to server more suitable to their talents..
    I laughed so hard on this I fell of my chair and shart myself at the same time. Now I have to clean it up.

The only skill cap Fury has is T4 and high pvp levels.

Sure there are more average to good players. The rest are the same as tyranny just with more gear.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast