Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Merge, Server Transfers, and Other Servers.

Default Final Merge, Server Transfers, and Other Servers.

With the ultimate and final merger between the two biggest servers in AoC about to take place, the question of what will become of the other servers comes into question.

Invariably, everyone will be given 1 free server transfer. This will probably lead to the death of Tyranny (if it isn't already completely dead) and Rage (or whatever the EU PvP servers called).Thus,

+ Do you believe it will still be fair for new players to create characters on a dead server? (and discover theres more PvP on the PvE servers.)

+ Do you think its more reasonable to fold B&G, and the PvP servers. Add a PvP Flag system on the PvE servers and merge ALL servers into one super server?

Discuss.

I wouldn't object to a "super server". Not much PvP happens on the B&G servers anyway, and most of the player pop is filled with either hackers or exploiters.

All PvP happening on the US PvP servers takes place in the form of minigames.

So really, if no one does these big open-world GvG battles like they used to, what's the point on having a PvP ruleset? Just so a handful of baddies can sit around ganking newbs on whitesands?

Shut them down, revamp sieges, add open world pvp objectives in the border kingdoms and add some new minimaps (24v24 anyone?) and I don't think people would mind too much.
    Last edited by Lord-Mouser; 12th August 2013 at 00:32.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=183904

.PVP ZONES LIKE CHOOSING NORMAL OR EPIC WITH DOUBLE REWARDS FOR QUESTING IN PVP ENABLED ZONE.
    .BORDER KINGDOMS/SIEGES REVAMPED TO BE WARZONES.

but no worries its not going to happen, in a few months fury will be back to being russian server and crom will be mega server, more pve content will come and no one will ever see any pvp content.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

exactly noite.

open world pvp with the aa + gear gap against new players is doomed for failure.

time to get rid of the pvp servers and put the last remaining aoc players on the same server.
    Last edited by Lord-Mouser; 12th August 2013 at 00:37.

I am all for consolidation of the remaining living server into one super server with a pvp flag system so thoughs whom choose they would enjoy pvp at a whim are able to flag themselves able to pvp in any zones including hubs etc and of course implement a cooldown when flagging yourself pvp/pve

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=183904

.PVP ZONES LIKE CHOOSING NORMAL OR EPIC WITH DOUBLE REWARDS FOR QUESTING IN PVP ENABLED ZONE.
    .BORDER KINGDOMS/SIEGES REVAMPED TO BE WARZONES.

but no worries its not going to happen, in a few months fury will be back to being russian server and crom will be mega server, more pve content will come and no one will ever see any pvp content.
    Nah, i would play GW instead of AoC if it comes for this quick fix solution

Hyboria was created for brutal killing, not some pussy carebear hugging like PvE servers are

Border kingdoms were bad idea from start point. They are just cheap copies of other trash areas with no creativity whatsoever. Should be removed completly and move sieges to normal play areas like Khopself and Fields of the Dead

Also people exploit this just like they do with bori,KK and t4. They gear themselves in carebear land then they land to PvP areas with max geared characters, absolutely no go. Like example Fury's russian top guilds never even touch PvP unless they are fully KK geared with t4 raid weapons. Wohoo, i grind skill
    Last edited by JinDjw; 12th August 2013 at 07:33.

I vote for one super server, one ruleset but it being a PVP server! Hyboria is supposed to be wild and savage.

And lets face it, mobs dosen't provide that kinda feeling of danger to anyone unless you're leveling up in a higher level area.

Really, PVP isn't that scary or mean, it simply adds to the immersion of living in a dangerous world. I doubt that anyone would feel more than momentarily annoying getting killed as there would be so many people around that the likeliness of it happening to the same person or group often would be rather small, as well as the ganker just as often becomes the hunted as well.

It would really revive the openworld PVP. But not only that, it would revive the life in the regions overall and it really adds to immersion and fun to have to watch your back just a little bit while beating the crab out of mobs all day long.

As a sidenote, I'm mostly a PVE'er living on a PVP'er server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    I vote for one super server, one ruleset but it being a PVP server! Hyboria is supposed to be wild and savage.
    You'll probably loose a lot of the PvE population (any estimate here would be a shot in the fog) and thus much of the cashflow.

Being a so-called carebear myself, I don't care much for the PvP mentality of insulting and denigrading both opposing and fellow combatants.
    My ignore list would just grow by a mile, but I foresee many would just up and leave, not wanting to be farmed by PvPers who have had years of experience while they have none. No one enjoys being farmed and to boot insulted about their lack of PvP skills afterwards.

Look at the numbers. Only the PvE server has a healthy population, on the US side at least. There is a reason for that, and that's the reason, I personally believe, a super PvP server will never happen, no matter what Hyboria is supposed to be like, in your personal opinion.

The best thing would be to have one unified community of PvEers & PvPers on the same server and an option to choose what rule set you want to play in when entering a playfield.

First off, Fury is plenty populated and we don't know how many vets will be returning for the merge. Second off, B&G has a low pop b/c you can't have alts, can't transfer to there, which completely locks out T4 since T4 requires alt-swapping to complete different fights. Once single-server tech is complete, and all 3 servers can raid together, we'll see which server people want to PvP on.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast