Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wiles&Trickery

Default Wiles&Trickery

Hi,

can someone explain to me how those two exactly work? The feat discription could be anything from switching aggro place with another to reducing a set amount of aggro.

So anyone any details?

Thx

use them immediately after you steal aggro and you will see the result is the target turns to whoever had the aggro (tank most likely)...
    trikery also reduces the hate, so when you hit the target with a huge burst, you can also use it to reduce the hate, therefore giving time for the tank to build some more and things get balanced
    Last edited by PutchPT; 12th August 2013 at 10:38.
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Wiles is used in pvp. If you're getting attacked by other players you hit wiles ability and they MUST start attacking someone else.

@putch i know that they are deaggro abilities the question is how they work..from your first sentence it seems to be a swap in aggro wird the second highest(or next highest place) place but the second sentence describes a flat amount of hate beeing removed

so does it both !?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantic0r3 View Post
    @putch i know that they are deaggro abilities the question is how they work..from your first sentence it seems to be a swap in aggro wird the second highest(or next highest place) place but the second sentence describes a flat amount of hate beeing removed

so does it both !?
    to tell you the truth i dunno exactly where in puts you on the aggro tree...
    both of them give back the aggro, thats certain, the wiles description doesnt say anything about hate decrease like trikery says, but i have tested it with the same main tank on group on several occasions using full burst dps after a few seconds of a fight starting and never using any of the abilities will steal the aggro eventually, BUT, using one of the abilities when starting the full burst (even with no aggro steal), then continuing dpsing like crazy, and when the cooldown of the first ability is at 1min, you use the second one, then, after that sequence, use any of the tools whenever they are available...

this makes you constantly going down the aggro tree at the same time the tank gets further up in aggro points, thus making it harder for you to steal aggro and/or makes it balanced...
    with a good aggro hold tank on group i can dps freely using those tools, specially with hate decrease gear
    Last edited by PutchPT; 12th August 2013 at 11:46.
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Well thx for your response it atleasts confirms that its possible to use them proactively.

Still if anyone knows any details on how they work i would appreciate it

Wiles works like anti-goad, it just switchs target away from you, but if u continue dps u will get agro again. So there is no point to use it proactive.

Trickery is reducing overall amount of hate that rogue have, but im not sure about exact amount, so it's reasonable to use it proactivly.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    Wiles is used in pvp. If you're getting attacked by other players you hit wiles ability and they MUST start attacking someone else.
    Wilst this is totally false and not at all helpful i always thought that they should make it work in PvP....ie using Wiles makes you actually untargetable for a short time....people can melee hit you manually but all their hitboxs would be red.....casters will have hard time hitting you tho....which makes sense as Rogues are the anticaster class.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Is the "Eyes of Madness"(in berserker) does the same thing as a "Trickery"?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Wiles works like anti-goad, it just switchs target away from you, but if u continue dps u will get agro again. So there is no point to use it proactive.

Trickery is reducing overall amount of hate that rogue have, but im not sure about exact amount, so it's reasonable to use it proactivly.
    @Wiles since Goad sets u on same aggro as #1 i would assume that u mean wiles sets u on same aggro as #2 ? cant reallly believe that as it could increase your aggro if u r lower than #2. If it just reduces your aggro to next lowest then it can be used proactivly.

or do u mean like FE? so if the tank doesnt catch up to u in few sec u get aggro back even if u did dmg stop?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast