Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wiles&Trickery

Wiles does swap the aggro with the next on the list, if you use it proactivley, it might swap to a dps, whoever is 2nd on the list. It does not reduce the aggro.

Wiles forces an aggro switch. The mob will engage whoever else is higher on aggro list. It's still possible to reacquire aggro immediately afterward if you keep building aggro and/or you were much higher than anybody else.

Trickery reduces your aggro but doesn't necessarily force a switch.

Trickery can (and ideally should) be used before getting aggro, as it will make getting it that much more difficult. Remember that once you do have aggro, the tank has to overcome yours by 10% to force a switch, so the aggro reduction by trickery could or could not be enough to trigger one.

Wiles has to be used immediately after stealing aggro. If you are quick enough, the mob will only hit you once before switching to another target.

Personally I find Wiles much more useful, but YMMV.

[EDIT] Using Wiles proactively (before you get aggro) can indeed force a switch anyway as it instantly triggers a new aggro list check. E.G.: two tanks are on top of the aggro list, the one having aggro has 5% less than the second. Since the second tank doesn't have +10% aggro over the first, aggro would normally not switch. If you use Wiles, the code will re-check the aggro list and whoever is higher and is not you (in this case the second tank) will get aggro.
    You can use this effect to help a tank aggro switch in a pinch in those situations in which the current aggro holder is on low health but the others can't manage to reach that +10% (but are close to it).
    Last edited by MagnusLL; 13th August 2013 at 10:49.

TRICKERY also "switches" target, ive used it a lot, it might be because its reduces the hate, so the boss logically attacks whos next on the list...
    Wiles swithes the aggro list with, so in a way, using it proactive, means you will be switch further down the tree

i use both proactive a lot while dps freely and dont get aggro - for a tank with at least equivalent stats of my barb of course (gear-AA), lower tanks is very different

oh, and eye of madness reduces aggro, but never changes target like trickery does and i dont know why
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

so...wiles everyone agrees to disagree^^

tricky seems to be fine to use proactive even though i still dont know any numbers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12