Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tanking Question

Defensive Stance is 7% invul flat.In retrospect, maybe I should've named that thing better.

As it says on your stats, migitation %s you see on your character sheet is the amount of damage reduction against an enemy equal to your level. When you see that 53.2% mitigation next to your Armor, it means you're taking 53.2% less damage from a level 80 enemy's hit. If the enemy is level 75, you'll be mitigating more and if it's level 85, you'll be mitigating less but we don't know exact math. Mitigation % numbers also come from your Armor/Protection stats with another unknown formula but that doesn't matter at all as you can see the result %.

And a skull level enemy could be anything under the hood, it could be level 70 or it could be level 90 but since we don't know how level difference affects the mitigation, knowing actual raid monster levels wouldn't help either (though if I were to hazard an educated guess, enemies in Jade Citadel is 90+, with each tier of raid levels going down until 80 for T1s considering the required hit ratings). I also remember an extremely old rumor that claimed raid enemies count as lv100 but it can't be right (unless damage math changes radically for raids). On top of all that, there's that mitigation threshold thingy that we also don't know how it works.

So it's all a big mystery that's not really worth contemplating too much. Just that more mit/inv=better.
    Last edited by cins; 11th August 2013 at 16:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12