Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bored of...

Default Bored of...

This thread will be long and specially write for Funcom.

The thing is.. I play this game long time ago, i'm not a player who loves to do too much PVE, but it was never problem BEFORE.
    We always talking with friend about what the hell happening in this game..
    Well, let's start in chronological order:
    Around 2009(if i remember well):
    The PvP worked well(Age of Mage just was the cry of some losers, i always played melee and i had no problem with them!), but there was many many bugs(but not game broken bugs), so FC started to fix them. We also had alot of players enough to can PvP on any map of Hyboria.
    As the time passed FC fixed many many bugs and the game became better and better.
    We got nice new places like Common District then the RotGS expansion. Of course new places new bugs, but no problem.. any bug can be fixed as FC fixed the most of them..
    Meanwhile we got some new graphic engines with shiny metal effect and major reduction of poligons.(There is no more circular objects in the game)

But some kids always crying so FC started to rewamp the classes, what wouldn't be a bad decision if they rewamp all the classes in the same time.
    Rewamped classes became stronger then others so it was the time of the big reroll waves.
    Many peoples said: "I rather to leave the game then leave my beloved class to can pvp."
    Easy to find videos in YT with titles like "Why i don't play AoC" or "AoC balance" and etc..
    many peoples left the game at that moment.

Otherwise it seemed like the gamebugs dissapearing slowly, BUT for the reason i said before the population of Hyboria heavily decreased.
    "So what to do? Make it F2P!" - It was the plan i guess.
    Around this time(as i can remember) we had seriously bad lagspikes 4,8k for seconds in every 5mins. AND WE PAID FOR THIS!

F2P and the B&G servers came in same time.
    F2P means many players come to try out the game so it's a huge increase of account numbers.. The B&G servers do most of players i seen in Rage had multiple accounts for multiple characters.
    So me too moved to Rage also because "Blood and Glory" it sounds good, doesn't? This tittle attractive for veterans and F2P newcomers also.. It means less premium peoples on the old servers, but also means a nice player-base on Rage.
    It was again a negative point for the community of the old servers.
    But now came the other thing what "raped" the community:
    With the F2P modell and the new server many many (and can't say enough times) many new bugs came to the game what we never seen before(they were Game-breaking bugs).
    Also the first f2p modell was fail and gave no chance for newbies.
    So as it was expected: premium veterans killed the newbie F2P players. The game got the "Pay to Win", and on rage it was especially true! PvP t1 set on itemshop not a huge advantage on Fury, but IT WAS on RAGE.
    Newbies left the server and we had not enough peoples to can continue on Rage.
    The server died out suddenly!
    So most of peoples who left the B&G server also left the game

"New plan: not enough peoples let's merge some servers."
    Truly Fury and Aquilonia and some others ran out of players.. the game wasn't enojoyable anymore with so few players, but different servers have different community and rules!
    Merging a pure PvP server with a RP server was not a considered decision.
    Even worst to merge russian server with a international(english) server!
    Russian players completly broke the community in fury and in crom too!
    "[x]: age of conans community is really bad the worst iv ever seen in a mmo"
    Again and again a reason to leave a well made (but worst developed) game.
    3-4years passed and we still waiting for rewamp some classes.
    To be honest the classes what have been already rewamped isn't balanced to each other.. I playing HoX and ToS and DT and Guard and much other classes to can say that. As guard i go between 6 enemy players and can go for a short afk while they try to kill me because i have 50%+ protection, but if i going to frenzy i almost can oneshot peoples.. same on DT.
    Don't wanna go deeply in classbalance in this thread so lets talk about others..

Anyone said:
    "[x]: i dont get why they moved the server when the majority of players eu so now they move the server to us so msot of players lag so now afwew us get ncie pings they should have move all the server to eu"
    He have like 300ms Latency, as i heard most of peoples have 200+.
    Looks i'm lucky in this case i had 60-70 and now i have 140-160ms, but this also enough to can see players teleporting.(what also a very negative experience in PVP)

Since the game releasised almost everything got "rewamped", I talking about gears, mounts, characters, feats and mounts and so on.
    I don't got the point of removing the "Heroic damage"(in raids), but also don't understand why have been rewamped the easily calculatable percentage defense stats on armors and re-classification the mounts
    (so 2 or 3 speedtype).

So to the end:
    I'm bored of playing without friends/foes.
    Bored of gearing up my toons ~2,5Million PvP XP is alot!
    and for AA you need to spend thousands of hours.
    Bored of Pve gear>PvP gear.. also easier to get.
    We play game to have fun!
    Doing quests for factions or anything is only fun at first time!
    Dig rocks for getting better in pvp isn't fun!
    Bored of lack of classbalance.
    And mostly bored of Funcom's false promises:
    "-update 6h. Oh sorry 12h. Oh no Sorry 2days."
    "Class-rewamp coming 'soon'"
    "Tradeskill rewamp"
    "Server-merge"
    "Latency fix"
    "cross server tech"
    They are thing what we should not wait for years not even months.

Game was much better in 2008-2010.

Despite all the bugs, it was still better. Bad development choices that seemed good at the time, have really had a lasting negative impact on the game that we now see today.

Even Craig Morrison admitted that AA's were a mistake in an interview conducted by Slith.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord-Mouser View Post
    Even Craig Morrison admitted that AA's were a mistake in an interview conducted by Slith.
    Way to take one comment and twist it entirely to your own ends. He didn't say AAs were a mistake, instead that looking backwards he would have preferred if they were all 'active' abilities in that they required slotting rather than having all the passive benefits.

I would like too see this thread regurgitated POV the positive but none the less this thread nails the negatives!

Also would like to show you this topic where you can see what happend or preferably not happend in this year..
    http://forums.ageofconan.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Well. FC promising too much ,where are those damn mages revamps? Rogues soldiers are after revamp ,also healers ,what about mages? They are forgotten?

F2P system is a big joke now ,you cant do anything except t1
    Pvp items ,funcom party is playing in this game? For "good" enough weapons i must wait.around 4 months or even longer until i get 8pvp lvl to get 1st good weapon, when pve people can just kill boss and after relog on lowbie char and get t4 gear. Pvp items are a joke ,but funcom dont care about that, they are only changing pve things ,but without pvp improvements this game later or not ,just be empty like B&G.

I think Conan at this time, doesn't have a lot of people lining up to start playing. So investing too much time trying to fix some of the issues for people that will play it one way or another is not really a priority. They can use their time on getting new players for fresher game ideas, or developing the new lego mmo they have in the works. If there was more potential to generate a broader player base, we would have more of a chance of work being done on AoC.

Dragon Spine is a good example. What purpose does this even serve right now? Another empty zone to stand in? The stages of release are too far apart.

Why does every mmo produce new and updated pvp EXCEPT AoC? We need healthy updates in this catagory. It must be harder to do then making pve updates so no one bothers with it. Yet new mini maps should be easy to make, and they really should pop some out fast...something. I don't really want to name obvious games that constantly add content to their games (GW2 and it has no sub wtf) but they are out there.

We need increased population for funcom to become more motivated to work on AoC. So invite your friends to play.

Exclamation

Good post Lexiie, alas Joel B. made one great *mistake* ie too slow updates so he lost that epic momentum he had after anniversary, players lost faith (yet again) and most of people who started playing again, like me....left again.

Joel B. is here since January if i am not mistaken yet we only saw one single update from him in 8 months period. That was anniversary event, i don't count DRAGON SPINE because Craig Morison MADE it and worked on it. So far i have yet to see any Joel,s contribution to this game other then event few months ago.

Joel is good for TSW, regular to semi-regular updates and constant item shop updates, fluf etc but he is slacker for age of conan.

Crafting system was started and worked on for a year or two by Craig also, so Joel is basically just finishing what Craig started in my opinion.

Single server etc dreams are all Craigs ideas, i would like to see a SINGLE Joels update,idea, whatever.

I am anxious to see Sliths yearly report on assassins hideout at the end of this year and see JB results.

Dont quote me on this but i dont have patience to check update notes but if i remember well we got just 2,3 maybe, just maybe 4 *updates-patches* in 8 months? If even that many....

This typing made me sleepy so good night everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast