Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New AA Idea

Default New AA Idea

An AA that improves Planar shift by adding 10% evade and 10% immunity for each point invested along with -30 sec cool down for each point invested (5/5) reducing it to 2 min cast instead of 5 and a total of 80% evade and 80% immunity? what do you guys think? is it too much, not enough? Would it be a minor or major perk?

I think the old planar shift should be back LOL.

45 sec cooldown and actually do something :P

OPOPOPOP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenic View Post
    I think the old planar shift should be back LOL.

45 sec cooldown and actually do something :P

OPOPOPOP
    To be fair, it wouldn't only benefit pvp players, it would be a nice cd on a minor hate dump and give the demo a better chance to survive when/if they pull agro. I don't think its unresonable, should of been like that in the first place imo.

5 Minute cooldown is kind of unreasonable when it's just a chance to evade and not an actual bubble. Cool down should be every 3 minutes or so...

Every 45 seconds would be pushing it since demo is already on the OP side...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    5 Minute cooldown is kind of unreasonable when it's just a chance to evade and not an actual bubble. Cool down should be every 3 minutes or so...

Every 45 seconds would be pushing it since demo is already on the OP side...
    Demo is OP as far as damage goes, but their utility is lacking in that they only have a crappy "bubble" and have to rely on Hands of the Underworld to escape a hairy situation. This doesnt only relate to pvp but could come in handy in a lot of 6 man or raid situations making it more available to use when you need it and not every 5 mins. I don't even want to get into the PvP part of it because there are too many variables and becomes a rant about how other classes have better bubbles. I am strictly speaking from a PvE point of view and how a reduced cd on Planar Shift would help gameplay.

speaking for pve (and only for pve) - would be nice for Demo to get something, ANYTHING. other classes have bubbles, heals, combat rez, etc. hell tos has bubbles, heals AND a combat rez. necro at least has frenzy pet to get a breather or pets that damage while you kite. demo has nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    speaking for pve (and only for pve) - would be nice for Demo to get something, ANYTHING. other classes have bubbles, heals, combat rez, etc. hell tos has bubbles, heals AND a combat rez. necro at least has frenzy pet to get a breather or pets that damage while you kite. demo has nothing.
    PvE side only, you have 2 stuns, 2 possible KB, 1 root, 1 snare (2 possible), not too mention Unholy Hate group buff, Demonic Anger for melee, a 10% mana tap which can be shared, and a possible green heal. Not to mention 5/5 in Cacodemon is one of the best free group buffs you can get...

If you feat for it you can get mind phase, and through AA subtle illusion, on top of that Planar Shift as a last resort for agro dump.

How much utility do you want or need?
    Last edited by Suctum; 11th August 2013 at 06:04.
    Doomsayer 2008

I suppose I could list out all the CCs that other classes have as well but what would be the point? Same for group buffs. Demo's don't have a monopoly on helping their team with buffs. Yes, I admit that having an agro dump is very useful in the right situations. Just saying that some of the more powerful tools aren't available to Demo. Would be nice to get an AA that gives one or at least make Planar Shift into a real bubble.

+1 planar shift is garbage when compared to rogue 'bubbles'.

Sins and rangers have natural evade from high dex. Rangers have 2min cooldown on evasive action.
    Evasive action stacked with dex evade + AA + BK cc resist they can have very very high CC resist.
    Assassins have 95% CC resist against casted CC's with Lotus Overload proc'd, and cats paw, dull pain dmg reduce/evades when it's not proc'd.
    Necro's have high evades from feat tree, and can spec general tree for more mitigation + root break while not missing out on anything important in the other trees.

An AA to improve cooldown and/or evade % on planar shift with the new AA's being added in would be a nice touch. It wont effect the class DPS, and it's still a situational ability to be used.

The better solution would be to combine Boil Blood with the idea of planar shift where each target affected by Boil Blood improves the evade and immunity of Planar Shift by 5%. If you affect 6 targets that would be a 30% gain. Of course they need to up the damage on Boil Blood to make this worthwhile. You could go a step further and make the perk add a group effect when used that gives 5 damage deflection and 10% evade and immunity when used to add the wanted "group utility" kind of like the PoM group mini bubble, but that going a bit far.

All they need to do is improve the cool down of Planar Shift by 1 minute per feat point in Phase Out and do away with the improvement to cast time to create a synergy for that build.

That's a simple fix that encourages new builds and use of a neglected (bad) AA.

Of course they could just do away with Boil Blood entirely and replace it with a group version of Planar Shift that gives each member a lesser version of it, maybe 10 damage deflection and 15 immunity and evade. Seeing as it's a two slot perk though, even with a group buff it seems a waste over Bindings and RoF or Caco.
    Last edited by Suctum; 12th August 2013 at 03:45.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast