Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Future AA speculation thread

I'd say that AAs to make toons more powerful should be off the table, for the most part.

Like said above, Crafting is probably the most realistic. A crit chance to create a legendary item or something.

I'd say we could also see something like specific abilities that could be used in the new 6 man or raid, but other than that, any new buffs will have to be very minor. A K6 toon with most AAs is already OP.

As long as they aren't more passives. Even Craig Morrison admits the damage passive AA's have done to the game in his interview he did with Slith.

Problem with the passives was that they were unbalanced as well.

When making new AAs, why not consider the "featable" combos and abilities as well?
    For example demos waves of flame can get a HUGE boost through AA, the endtier channeling lightning spell (the one that knocks back mobs) is completely neglected and gimped in comparison (despite the knockback).
    HoX combo hell step can be buffed, but the feated fire lance isn't.
    There are plenty of more examples.
    If those are passive even, the damage will not be as severe as adding more passive prot, armor or hitcrit rating.

I would like the AA's to be more creative then just straight up "YOU GET X DAMAGE TO YOUR TOON!"

Perhaps, like a knockback AA, that can knockback even Raid Bosses, or a Regen AA where you get super regen for short time, or if you really want to get ambitious a minion AA. Where you can summon your own personal minions (for those classes that can't already) to drop a bomb trap next to the target then go back into hide after they're done.

A new combo with sword for ranger with a new animation as good as the Khitai dps combo :love:

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I would like the AA's to be more creative then just straight up "YOU GET X DAMAGE TO YOUR TOON!"

Perhaps, like a knockback AA, that can knockback even Raid Bosses, or a Regen AA where you get super regen for short time, or if you really want to get ambitious a minion AA. Where you can summon your own personal minions (for those classes that can't already) to drop a bomb trap next to the target then go back into hide after they're done.
    Oh god please don't ask Funcom to get ambitious

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Perhaps, like a knockback AA, that can knockback even Raid Bosses, or a Regen AA where you get super regen for short time, or if you really want to get ambitious a minion AA.
    funcom plz no

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    Could you elaborate a bit? He wasn't pleased with what?

When sil was talking about crafting skill progression I just assumed it would be AAs.
    he wasn't pleased with passive power AAs gave vets (http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/...-morrison.html).

as for progression in crafting: the crafting system has whole new UI and a resource that you consume when crafting (its a energy that regens over time, prevents spamming items).

The more you craft the better are your chances for critical success. Critical success in crafting is a stat like a critical hit chance.

I have asked Sil a lot of crafting questions via twitter in the past, I am posivite AA is not connected to this system
    Retired

An AA that allows my tiger mount to jump down more than 5 feet without spraining an ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    An AA that allows my tiger mount to jump down more than 5 feet without spraining an ankle.
    LOL!!

For the most part cuz the ambitiousness of this i don't see it happening, like other players said, they havn't even finished the new forms, server merges, or even miniscuil task like bring back the anniversary mobs on a daily basis, but IDK i guess the new AA's i'd like to see which would improve gameplay not add to progression... *sneers at craig I GUUESSS then some AA's thatimprove your AA exp gain?! IDK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast