Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future AA speculation thread

Default Future AA speculation thread

According to this...

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...1&postcount=43

we will be getting additional AA's in the future.

I'm going to take a wild guess but somewhere locked away (or more likely stuffed in a drawer somewhere) the dev team has at least 1 or 2 new AAs for each of the classes. What do you suppose those AAs may be and when do you think they'll be available on test live?

Try to fill your answers in this format to avoid confusion/keep it neat.

example:

CLASS: Bear Shaman

AA name: Call of the wild

AA description: Grants an ability for the Bear Shaman to transform into a giant bear. In this state his health, combat prowess, and speed increases dramatically for a short time as his physical appearance changes into a humanoid bear creature.

ETA to test live: 09/05/13

class:necromancer
    AA name: Zombie Sharks
    Description: Flying zombie sharks with laser beams attached to their frickin' heads encircle the Necromancer, instantly incinerating all nearby foes and allies before devouring the Necromancer himself and flying away into the sunset.

ETA to testlive: if it's not released by the weekend, I'm unsubbing.

New AAs will be crafting AAs. +1% crit craft chance and such.
    Baneric / Munok / Johnkruk / Tomjones / Elgranorgo

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Class: Guardian

Perk: Cripple

Description: Changes character name to Gitbin. When active, the Guardian receives a buff to hate generation which stacks with the number of people on global chat. Also reduces the Guardian's chance of finding a T4 raiding guild.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Erock25 View Post
    New AAs will be crafting AAs. +1% crit craft chance and such.
    Has this been officially said or are you just speculating?

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    Has this been officially said or are you just speculating?
    Educated guess but I'm pretty positive because the new AAs were talked about first right around when sillirion was mentioning the crafting system

US first kills - Arch Lector Zaal, Bat of Nerd Rage, Emperor, Cloud, and Entity.

Educated guess but I'm pretty positive because the new AAs were talked about first right around when sillirion was mentioning the crafting system
    This isn't a bad guess given the circumstances. But not everyone crafts in the game and frankly AAs that "does -cool-things-to-your-toon" sells. Maybe both? with a fourth column for crafting AA's?

No, Sill didn't say about new AAs, and juding from the recent interview: he wasn't pleased with them either.

However there will be progression, just like you said, that will allow crafters to get higher chances of critical success. This was talked about in the last crafting video.
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    No, Sill didn't say about new AAs, and juding from the recent interview: he wasn't pleased with them either.

However there will be progression, just like you said, that will allow crafters to get higher chances of critical success. This was talked about in the last crafting video.
    I really see these new AAs as a way to kill many birds with one stone. I mean it can be used by the devs to balance out PvP. And it can be a way to flesh out the classes that badly need a overhaul. Overall, a big opportunity by the dev team to address many complaints.

BTW, didn't know that Sil originally proposed the new AAs, any idea why he didn't like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post

Could you elaborate a bit? He wasn't pleased with what?

When sil was talking about crafting skill progression I just assumed it would be AAs.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast