Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: take away item bind

Quote Originally Posted by sgtMassDozer View Post
    I just think if they remove bind on equip It would get 90% of players out of zones like toth amons lair and kyilliki (provide T4 is delved out thru broker) and into khitai where players should be in my opinion khitai is extremely underused not just for openworld pvp but zones like pai kang which is one of the more fun zones and it WOULD effing SICK of seeing empty zones
    players choose to do pve your sugestion and logic is ridiculous.

people dont go to pvp servers mostly because its hardly ever consensual pvp to begin with and there is no actual open world pvp content.

they enter dungeons to have group pve chalenges with loot being primary carrot and chalenge/fun second.

its illogical to think that if raid gear was not bop it would provide any incentive to do open world pvp. quite the oposite people would farm raid instances to be able to sell those epics wich would mean even more people doing pve.

this is a aimless and illogical pointless thread.
    Last edited by noite80; 10th August 2013 at 20:23.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Gevlya View Post
    There is still room for improvement.

For example, buff potions purchased with rares/pvp tokens are BOP. These would deserve to be tradable, or the mechanism that makes them drop should be tweaked so that they are class relevant (destiny quest chests, forgotten city chest, even chests of gifts from the shop).

There is currently no use when you receive mana regen/magic damage on melee or combat rating on mages, while they are supposed to be rare and nice rewards...

Would be nice also for most social gear (except those required for quests/encounters like lurker or khitai faction).
    During new instances and destiny quests they managed to change the old "hey! a jeweled chest, what might be in it???"-happy-curious effect into "Noes! Now where do i put this crap or should i just throw it away?"-effect. So, a definite "yes" to your suggestion

Btw....why not reintroduce the old destiny quest item or quest rewards that are BoE, instead BoP? Not much exploit or inbalance potential, since per definition every char can get them only once. So if you don't want to use the rewards, you can at least give them away or sell them.

All quest items, be they Purple/ Blue / green / gold should be BOE or at least alt tradable. Simply put they are quest, most of the good quests can only be done once so there is little / no chance of exploit in allowing them to be traded. One reason why a lot of areas / quests are underused is there is no real incentive to do them. Say your XX character got a better item during a raid, why would I take that character who is my main to a zone for crappier gear? Now if I could give that gear to an alt I would actually go there again.

Now saying I could just take XX alt to the zone with group is not realistic, alt may be crappier, may not be as good at it, or the group may not need that class. There are many raids and zones that I have done because groups wanted me to, that I and many others can get absolutely no benefit from, as a result a lot of those zones simply decline. Ever gone with a group wishing you could be on a different toon, but your bud needed this one. Then the loot for that other toon drops, and rots. Or complete a quest where its a nice purple weapon, yet its total crap for the toon you have the quest on. Alt tradable or BOE would fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Back in 2008 Age of Conan DID NOT HAVE BOE, it royaly screwed the economy and Funcom quickly added BOE.

No BOE means: yes, cheap items for newbies
    NO BEO also means: you can't sell anything for more that couple coppers.
    this.

it almost killed the economy back in 2008 when crowds were playing and it would be a coup de grâce today, when you can barely sell some stuff

Exchange Bind on Pickp with Bind to Account and we can at least make use of stuff we put lots of time and efforts in. not to mention the possibility to store items on other chars.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123