Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: take away item bind

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    No thx,
    Really stupid and unreasonable idea, would break the game completely.

The purpose of the game is a gear progression and it would be a joke othrewise, imagine sending the gear from your main to your new alt?
    It would totally negate the reason to actually play the game and a character. How much sense does it make to you, turn on your brain?

The other problem would be you'd have a lot more "ninja" looters everywhere trying to steel the items all the time so they can send them to their alts (they have no skill playing at all)

Third issue would be, encouraging more and more of those 3rd party illegal websites to sell all the possible gear for real monely.
    Imagine how ****ed up it would be, can you? Game turned into a total
    pay to win, which would be a final nail in the coffin.

OP your suggestion is so lame, that you should feel embaraced, stop with those moronic ideas and pls PLAY THE GAME, dont look for shortcuts where they are not needed or even worse very harmful for the game in every aspect.
    I completely disagree with you purpose of THIS game was PVP and anyone will tell you different. I just think all the items are worthless except pvp teir 3 and teir 4 pve and only 5% of the players have them birthing trash players from here to kingdom come,... please FC get some of these undergeared players so its some competition in minisgames...

Back in 2008 Age of Conan DID NOT HAVE BOE, it royaly screwed the economy and Funcom quickly added BOE.

No BOE means: yes, cheap items for newbies
    NO BEO also means: you can't sell anything for more that couple coppers.
    Retired

the whole every thing is cheap as hell with no bop just means you wont need to farm as much gold.leaves more time for pvp.
    Rage:GanksKahn pvp 8 Tos:fails at healing

Quote Originally Posted by sgtMassDozer View Post
    I completely disagree with you purpose of THIS game was PVP and anyone will tell you different. I just think all the items are worthless except pvp teir 3 and teir 4 pve and only 5% of the players have them birthing trash players from here to kingdom come,... please FC get some of these undergeared players so its some competition in minisgames...
    Now face the reality, AoC purpose today isn't PvP and it wont ever be, the game has taken totally different direction, whether you like it or not.

Making items BoE isn't the solution for the issue you talk about.
    Last edited by Redd; 9th August 2013 at 18:12.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    No thx,
    Really stupid and unreasonable idea, would break the game completely.

The purpose of the game is a gear progression and it would be a joke othrewise, imagine sending the gear from your main to your new alt?
    It would totally negate the reason to actually play the game and a character. How much sense does it make to you, turn on your brain?

The other problem would be you'd have a lot more "ninja" looters everywhere trying to steel the items all the time so they can send them to their alts (they have no skill playing at all)

Third issue would be, encouraging more and more of those 3rd party illegal websites to sell all the possible gear for real monely.
    Imagine how ****ed up it would be, can you? Game turned into a total
    pay to win, which would be a final nail in the coffin.

OP your suggestion is so lame, that you should feel embaraced, stop with those moronic ideas and pls PLAY THE GAME, dont look for shortcuts where they are not needed or even worse very harmful for the game in every aspect.
    I thought the purpose of the game was enjoyment. Now I know it's gear progression, so it makes so much more sense! Grinding out gear progression and enjoyment so rarely go hand in hand. They should change their company name to GearProgressionCom so we would be less confused about things.
    Kentegern - Conqueror
    Seoc - Bear Shaman

Ziezin - Demonologist
    Thutkemi - Assassin

"Grammar is the difference between knowing your **** and knowing you're ****."

It's part of any mmo ( grind ) fun for some yes others no, same as pvp is fun for some and not others your trolling has gotten weak since Aco's face palmed.

Quote Originally Posted by tsquared2 View Post
    It's part of any mmo ( grind ) fun for some yes others no, same as pvp is fun for some and not others your trolling has gotten weak since Aco's face palmed.
    Yes it's true but the pve extremist applause they help quick generousely but in all honestly eff em i got my gear. My only motive was pvp, the initiative FOR PVE is PVP. if i didn't have to grind PVE to PVP i wouldn't thou PVE can be fun but mostely just a pain and when there no ends to meat I will stop playing and of course if they release unchained WITHOUT vanity.....

Quote Originally Posted by sgtMassDozer View Post
    Yes it's true but the pve extremist applause they help quick generousely but in all honestly eff em i got my gear. My only motive was pvp, the initiative FOR PVE is PVP. if i didn't have to grind PVE to PVP i wouldn't thou PVE can be fun but mostely just a pain and when there no ends to meat I will stop playing and of course if they release unchained WITHOUT vanity.....
    What the f**k did you just say? Did you type that whist being water-boarded?

AOC is a pve gear progression game. If you remove BOE then you remove nearly all of the games content and then its game over.

The only people left will be the pvpers you see shouting and swearing in global.

It's a very bad idea, clearly one that you didn't think about before you posted it here.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

I just think if they remove bind on equip It would get 90% of players out of zones like toth amons lair and kyilliki (provide T4 is delved out thru broker) and into khitai where players should be in my opinion khitai is extremely underused not just for openworld pvp but zones like pai kang which is one of the more fun zones and it WOULD effing SICK of seeing empty zones

There is still room for improvement.

For example, buff potions purchased with rares/pvp tokens are BOP. These would deserve to be tradable, or the mechanism that makes them drop should be tweaked so that they are class relevant (destiny quest chests, forgotten city chest, even chests of gifts from the shop).

There is currently no use when you receive mana regen/magic damage on melee or combat rating on mages, while they are supposed to be rare and nice rewards...

Would be nice also for most social gear (except those required for quests/encounters like lurker or khitai faction).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast