Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: DT & Conqs & You(nerfing isnt the answer)

Just do what I did, go make a conq, use 100% exp pots to hit 30 in 3 hours or less, use 50 offline levels and 30 free AA pots to immediately get BFC and max PD/DS.

If you go brute you can still do enough damage to leech kills and be instantly annoying to some poor caster or sin with just faction blues and a crafted weapon.

Of course you could argue nerf tanks, but they won't, so just make one and be OP with everyone.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    You literally, and I mean this, need to take some reading comprehension courses. ( http://bit.ly/17ycAY0 )

Cause you just said the same thing I did, while trying to make it sound like I'm an idiot for pointing out that Guardians are not needed anywhere in the game... which you also said. So you, like, said the same thing I said. In effect, what I said, you also said. Just hoping that rephrasing it a few times helps that sink in.
    Apparently you could use some courses as well, I never said guards are not needed, I said you can do most raids w/o guards and with dts or vice versa, which is true.

You said guards are not needed because dts can dps and self heal, my main point, was to point out a guardians strengths such as being able to survive longer then dts or conqs, and having more hate abilities then a dt or conq make them well suited for all raids including T4.

You said I made you feel like an idiot?sorry I hurt your feeling but by saying I need some reading comp while misquoting me your self is well um idiotic , if the shoe fits...
    Im Fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Serrasus View Post
    Apparently you could use some courses as well, I never said guards are not needed, I said you can do most raids w/o guards and with dts or vice versa, which is true.

You said guards are not needed because dts can dps and self heal, my main point, was to point out a guardians strengths such as being able to survive longer then dts or conqs, and having more hate abilities then a dt or conq make them well suited for all raids including T4.

You said I made you feel like an idiot?sorry I hurt your feeling but by saying I need some reading comp while misquoting me your self is well um idiotic , if the shoe fits...
    Lets go over some simple conjugations of the verb "to be" in English: Am, is, was, were, been, being... in fact, "feel" is a totally and completely separate verb.

So as you were still failing the very basics of reading comprehension / verb conjugation and fluffing your ego by imagining that my feelings could possibly be hurt by an anonymous forum poster, you continued to say the same thing I said.

My original post on the matter made a perfectly valid point which cannot be refuted. BOTH tanks can hold aggro very well, and BOTH tanks can be used in any tanking situation, but there literally is no reason whatsoever to take a Guard over a DT. A DT will be tanking the boss without losing aggro, doing massive DPS and healing himself.

Only ONE of those statements is true about a Guardian, and no, the pathetically tiny bit of extra mitigation that a Guard has over a DT in no way makes up for the fact that the DT can self heal and melt face at the same time. When a DT is doing four to five times the DPS of the guard and self healing, then the boss dies faster making the pathetically garbage amount of extra mitigation completely irrelevant. It's simple logic.

I cannot believe anyone in this thread is arguing this point at all unless their main is a DT and they're crapping their pants about possible future balancing which is absolutely needed.

Just give my necro 15k hp and 55+% mit/prot while still being a dps class and all will be well

Still waiting to hear which US T4 raiding guilds don't invite guards and instead invite only DT's and Conq's.

I damn well know we do (we usually have 2-3 guards in both our T4 clears) and I saw earlier post that RN and MW do as well.

So that's starting to narrow down which guilds you are in....

Quote Originally Posted by Derek-Drake View Post
    Lets go over some simple conjugations of the verb "to be" in English: Am, is, was, were, been, being... in fact, "feel" is a totally and completely separate verb.

So as you were still failing the very basics of reading comprehension / verb conjugation and fluffing your ego by imagining that my feelings could possibly be hurt by an anonymous forum poster, you continued to say the same thing I said.

My original post on the matter made a perfectly valid point which cannot be refuted. BOTH tanks can hold aggro very well, and BOTH tanks can be used in any tanking situation, but there literally is no reason whatsoever to take a Guard over a DT. A DT will be tanking the boss without losing aggro, doing massive DPS and healing himself.

Only ONE of those statements is true about a Guardian, and no, the pathetically tiny bit of extra mitigation that a Guard has over a DT in no way makes up for the fact that the DT can self heal and melt face at the same time. When a DT is doing four to five times the DPS of the guard and self healing, then the boss dies faster making the pathetically garbage amount of extra mitigation completely irrelevant. It's simple logic.

I cannot believe anyone in this thread is arguing this point at all unless their main is a DT and they're crapping their pants about possible future balancing which is absolutely needed.

Your feelings are clearly hurt which is why you keep trying, but failing, to attack me, its sad but kinda funny, you are obviously a very lonely sad guy and I am sorry for that.

Back on topic, if you bother to read what I said, I pointed out the mitigation diff is minimal, but in some fights it can make a diff, you also ignored the group buffs and self buffs guards have which up there hate and survivability and buff the groups damage which also means stuff dying faster.

I don't doubt the idea that geared out Dts can Main tank and kill boss's quicker then guards can, its an obvious point to make so kudos for mastering the obvious.My point was, again if you had bothered to pay attention, just because dts can do more dps does not make guards useless, tos's can out dps bear shamans and poms, so using your logic only toss's should be invited to raids after all they can heal, and dps a ton right?

Again it goes back to the player ,Dt is with out a doubt OP atm at tanking and Dps and with enough tank gear can handle any boss in Aoc, however guards still can out live them and are much better for fights where tanks need to swap agro such as Emperor.You are only looking at two parts of tanking, dps/mitigation, tanking is also about swaping with other tanks when needed and maintaining a high level of threat so dps does not pull.

Again I am sorry for hurting your feeling lil guy heres a hug./bearhug there there now all betta??
    Im Fat.

I actually said this conversation was all moot a very long time back. Joel Bylos' main is a DT, enough said. Nothing will change with DTs. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by RingOfSet View Post
    I actually said this conversation was all moot a very long time back. Joel Bylos' main is a DT, enough said. Nothing will change with DTs. Carry on.
    Don't give up too soon. The AoC community is still having fun with this thread.

Somewhere along the way this thread fell off the rails. Honestly I'm not really sure what the OP even was now that I've reached the end.

Maybe next time the topic can be adhered too and the flaming and trolling avoided.

[closeit]Closed[closeit]
    Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112