Thread: DEV SUGGESTION: Ideas to help AoC

Default DEV SUGGESTION: Ideas to help AoC

So, there are many other game saving threads, but taking from those, I want to offer some suggestions that help make the world feel more sand box and spontaneous:

Single server (enough said)

Improve PVP-
    -Arenas (when you want to PVP, but not in a mini 1v1, 2v2 3v3)
    -Guild v Guild war declaration (want to play on a PVE server, but want open world PVP? Join a PVP guild, declare war and start the mayhem)
    -Accelerated PVP leveling- remove the cooldowns on PVP quests. Not only will it allow a player to advance quicker through quest rewards, but it will stimulate mini activity. Also have PVP quests for all ranges of Mini's (6-19, 20-39, 40-59, 60-69, 70-80)
    -Crafting/city zones open world PVP (make the 3 zones open PVP zones. Make player cities a place of refuge, but also allow for 24/7 sieges with one caveat...the city can only be sieged by
    A. an officer opening the siege accessibility, and
    B. players cities can only have gates destroyed (so the siege guild can at least enter the city, fight players and guards and have some great open PVP in the setting of each others cities) Put a timer on the window of opportunity once the doors are down so that cities can't be camped, griefed, etc... this would need some thought on how to accomplish, but it's a start.

Random PVE events- that occur in random zones. Maybe a horde of picts invades Connalls valley, or Shemite raiders attack Kheshetta, etc... Just something unexpected to keep people on their toes, offer things to do that aren't grinding K6's or raids and has a global sense of community to it. Much like the anniversary event was, having this kind of opportunity all of the time would really keep people coming back.

Player housing - before the objections fly in, as another alternative for the soon to be defunct crafting/city zones, sell smaller plots so people can build player houses. Same system as building a city, just smaller scale. It would give a sense of crafting to build and decorate a house. Its not for everyone, but there are many who would like this sort of crafting added to game. This could add another sense of e commerce as players can hire architects to build houses for them if they don't have the crafting skills to make their own. Obviously, this is a PVE option for these zones and would not integrate with the above PVP option.

Just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by Kellaxe; 5th August 2013 at 13:35.

I like these ideas. War dec is directly pulled from Eve, and a good idea (although it does have drawbacks). Anything to make this game have some sandbox would be great.

Additions:

-Give each zone a toggle for 80 unchained, and add factional 80 gear like Khitai. I think of open world raids against Aztel's etc.

-Increase the amount of AA points gained through activities for Premium members.

-Give each class a mounted ability line and allow for more mounted combat. AoC has some of the best mounts of any game. The movement mechanics are cool, and each mount set has abilities and uses. Spears or bows for physical dps classes, and specific spells for casters / healers. Give each mount a specific buff set to appeal to different classes i.e. the tiger works great for barbs, the rhino works great for soldiers. I have always wanted to plow through hordes of npcs on my mount, not just run through them as fast as possible on my tiger.

-Get the crafting revamp out asap. The game needs it badly.

War declaration would only work in pvp enabled zones, or servers. And anyone not in your guild is already red and killable so what does this really accomplish? I say 2x the pvp xp for killing a player in a guild you are at war with would do a lot more good. And after a certain lenght of time when the war is over, the winning guild gets some random amount of "bori" tokens or whatever based on how many kills they gained - how many times they were killed.

There is a Suggestion Thread for the very reason to post suggestions for the game in. Please post there instead of making new threads.

Closing this one out since this topic is already being discussed elsewhere.
    Arishanya ~ Head Moderator
    English Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Social Guidelines ~ Funcom Customer Support
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.