Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Barb vs. Sin

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    What this has to do with topic barb vs sin?
    For noob whiners it was, i /facepalm everytime i see barb QQing

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I'm sorry but WA does like 1k+ minimum when feated (even with crap gear) and it's almost instant 1 step combo plus you have 4 ranks and they don't even share CD. If really reaver specced (not hybrid) you get a bunch of buffs that add dots and procs and the result is effectively a dead clothie in the blink of an eye. Also, reaver or hybrid should use bone shatter over upheaval any day : it's one of the best dots in the game and aoe with a huge range.

Really, you don't seem to know the class at all. Even decap does more than 1.5k (I still think it's crap and wouldn't feat it if I played zerker though)
    For me it seems that YOU are the one who has no clue about the class at all. Decap does LESS on shielded sides (not counting crits, of course every class can do big hits with crits, even guards in def stance).

The "bunch of buffs" works with reaver stack 10+. I'd be curious to see how you gonna reach that, you are typically dead at around 3-4. The other half of the reaver feats are buffing a combo that is slow, predictable and roots you in spot for such a long time everyone runs away...

Quote Originally Posted by Ythor View Post
    Reaver specced barb one shot is another mega rofl, wtf skill are you talking about? 28 second long upheavel combo? By the time you finish it you are either quadrable cc'd or your opponent ran to the other side of the map. Or badass wreck armor that hits for 800 on a good day?
    KB + a full buff WA IV and ATG on top. My hox, sin, necro and ranger are pretty much dead when Pixxel does that to them.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

For me it seems that YOU are the one who has no clue about the class at all. Decap does LESS on shielded sides (not counting crits, of course every class can do big hits with crits, even guards in def stance).

The "bunch of buffs" works with reaver stack 10+. I'd be curious to see how you gonna reach that, you are typically dead at around 3-4. The other half of the reaver feats are buffing a combo that is slow, predictable and roots you in spot for such a long time everyone runs away...
    You do know that most pvpers that uses hybrid dont run with reaver but blod rage stance?
    And any combo does less dmg on shielded side, but is that hard to move?
    WA with hybrid build and shrapnel feated can hit pretty nice, opener is guarantee crit and you can have 2 shrapnel hits because ofhand pretty often.

What are you smoking? Who spoke about reaver stance anyway? You get buffs in the reaver tree that don't require reaver stance and even overpower only requires one stack (and still does ok damage really). In pvp you rely on wreck armour and bone shatter not cyclone of steel (it's a filler and nice when it crits but it's not as reliable or as fast as WA) or whirlwind (which is crap for dps but can be useful due to its length and aoe nature). Zerker is a different beast and requires a great weapon but then you'd probably use butcher and upheaval to do most of the damage. But that doesn't work without good gear, unlike reaver/hybrid.

Also, running away from a long combo won't do you any good, you'll still take the full damage if he hit you... That's why combos like guard's CW are so outrageously good : crits like hell and super long animation so it's a guaranteed kill when it crits.

Hybrid/reaver barb has a fantastic burst anyway.
    With bone shatter followed by WA 4 (buffs up - dance of death & haste - with hybrid spec and blood rage stance) I killed a pvp 9 sin this evening. No crits (besides WA opener) but some offhand hits (bound to happen with 40% offhand chance...) Reaver spec can do even more than that.
    Last edited by kalston; 5th August 2013 at 21:53.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    What are you smoking? Who spoke about reaver stance anyway? You get buffs in the reaver tree that don't require reaver stance and even overpower only requires one stack (and still does ok damage really). In pvp you rely on wreck armour and bone shatter not cyclone of steel (it's a filler and nice when it crits but it's not as reliable or as fast as WA) or whirlwind (which is crap for dps but can be useful due to its length and aoe nature). Zerker is a different beast and requires a great weapon but then you'd probably use butcher and upheaval to do most of the damage. But that doesn't work without good gear, unlike reaver/hybrid.

Also, running away from a long combo won't do you any good, you'll still take the full damage if he hit you... That's why combos like guard's CW are so outrageously good : crits like hell and super long animation so it's a guaranteed kill when it crits.

Hybrid/reaver barb has a fantastic burst anyway.
    With bone shatter followed by WA 4 (buffs up - dance of death & haste - with hybrid spec and blood rage stance) I killed a pvp 9 sin this evening. No crits (besides WA opener) but some offhand hits (bound to happen with 40% offhand chance...) Reaver spec can do even more than that.
    Ye mate all is true, but you know why people are complaining about barb. Its because not so great dmg on zerker and they have hard time landing 1he combos
    Only 2 WA with dod on someone and ATG (if you are not using bone shatter) is serious dmg. And those combos are really fast to fire off, and even rank 1 can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    lol dude...
    What?
    /char

I don't 1 shot anyone on my barb and I have a one-handed ibis and t3 axe. Can hit hard though, but reaver isn't worth it in pvp in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    What?
    /char
    opp strike isnt instant on my sin, it isnt either on the sins i have dueled

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    opp strike isnt instant on my sin, it isnt either on the sins i have dueled
    He probably thought about sds+soul strike stun, it catches some people by surprise.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast