Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Game does not do anything after character creation. - RESOLVED

Unhappy Game does not do anything after character creation. - RESOLVED

This is my first time trying AOC and the after I create my character the tutorial doesn't start and my character just stands there and stares back at me from inside the ship.
    I tried every combination of graphic settings I can think of from in game to the NVIDIA control panel, even at the lowest possible setting

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with the Win 8 Pro Downgrade on my
    EVGA x58 Classified 3 MB with a CPU INTEL|CORE I7 970 3.20G, CORSAIR|1200W CMPSU-1200AX RT PSU, 24GB CORSAIR CMP12GX3M3A1600C9 memory 2ea SSD 240G|OCZ OCZSSDPX-1RVDX0240 R PCIE, and a Creative PCI Express Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion Series Sound Card.
    My Graphics Card is a VGA EVGA|03G-P3-1598-AR GTX590 3G R (NVIDIA)

I would like to find a solution to this as I really want to play this game.
    Last edited by Arishanya; 8th August 2013 at 23:56.

Check your firewall settings to make sure the game can freely communicate back and forth.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Unhappy

Thanks for the input, double checked the firewall and its set to allow traffic. It's really weird though, the game isn't locked up it just doesn't start the game or give me any buttons.

Did you download from Steam, or is it downloaded from account page or installed from CDs?

Make sure graphics are up to date, as well as Windows and that it is legit.
    Last edited by Halfdead; 5th August 2013 at 16:26.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Another thing to try might be to run the resource verification tool (this takes ~20 minutes to run on a traditional HD). You can get to it either from the aoc root directory or options on the start screen prior to starting the game.
    ----
    Kalur - 80 Bear Shaman, Brunstol - 80 Dark Templar, Tallas - 80 Assassin, Gilben - 80 Conquerer, Pangert - 80 Barbarian, Xoltal - 80 Necromancer, Matzui - 80 Herald of Xolti, and a bunch of lower level alts.
    Wiccana -> Set -> Crom

Unhappy

Thanks for your help guys!
    The whole thing is puzzling at best, I submitted a support ticket this morning. I installed the Hyborian Adventures Boxed Collector's addition. Ran the resource verification tool this morning also, but to no avail. I updated every driver on my system before I posted here in the forum and my system is way over qualified to run this game. Like I said it wont even leave the Character Creation screen on the lowest settings, but the game is not locked up, the animation is active and I can exit out to the start screen. It's just to weird.

I would reinstall the game from the account page.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    I would reinstall the game from the account page.
    Agreed. There have been issues with using those old game disks to try and install AoC.

Talking Game is running

Thanks again guys. Got my help ticket back today.
    I had to perform a GUI reset by:
    1. Delete the GUI Folder from the Data Directory Folder.
    2. Run PatcherSetup.exe from the main folder.
    3. Then run the patcher (Launcher program) which came up automatically.
    4, Lastly "Repair broken game data" from the option tab of the Game Launcher.
    Walla I'm in!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast