Thread: L2P issues for me

Default L2P issues for me

Hello,
    I am having trouble killing the ape on Isle of Statues. No trouble getting there, but I get my butt kicked everytime when he rages (not sure that is what it is called).
    I assume I am doing something wrong or missing an easy way to prevent the rages. Any advice would be appreciated.
    I am avatar/poss mixed spec based on the recent build thread. Gear is BB blue with poor man Carnage 2HE. Red Shadows AA also.
    Thanks
    Stygian...the best!

The key is to not let him enrage. He can also be cc'd (unless when he casts "unleash fury" or the cc is fear).

There are three stone pads, one gives you a health buff, one a defense buff and the final one knocks back enemies.

You should keep the first two up as much as possible and cc and fight the boss TILL he casts "unleash fury". Then abandon whatever you do and run to the third pad. Do not use the knockback pad except for interrupting "unleash fury" and you should be fine!

Good luck

Default Thank you for reply

I will give that a try. I was just using the knockdown pad as an opportunity to attack the ape more aggresively. Guess I need to use if defensively - thanks.
    Stygian...the best!

btw thats a general theme in aoc, whenever a mob casts a very long cast u HAVE TO interupt it! Mostly with your own ccs but when thats not possible there are other mechanics involved (this time the kb pad^^)

Yes, it is either interrupt, use the environment, break Line of Sight or simply...run

Done - thanks again.
    Yes, I was making the mistake of trying to interupt the Fury with my own ccs.
    Stygian...the best!

Haha I've never used this strat and saw the enraging cast. I always used the kb pad everytime it was up. No problem with ranger actually since I already have 2 kbs (trap and shield bash).