Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AoC's pvper mentality

Default AoC's pvper mentality

i log on my fresh barb and look for some pvp, i come across a ranger called freddiemerc, we fight, he kills me in 2-3 arrows and avoids fighting unless he has his cc breaks. Even tho there wasnt much of a chance of winning against him and his full khitai grind and pvp gear i had some fun.

eventually i msg him, we talk:

To [Freddiemerc]: i feel like having a good fair fight with you
    To [Freddiemerc]: like*
    To [Freddiemerc]: use greens and no khitai pets
    Shield of the Risen no longer protects you
    To [Freddiemerc]: how about it
    [Freddiemerc]: LOL
    To [Freddiemerc]: i teka ethat for a yes?
    To [Freddiemerc]: ill take*
    You are no longer in PvP Matchmaking.
    You have signed up for Annihilate Opposing Team - Totem Torrent
    Your group signed up for a PvP match.
    [Freddiemerc]: how about this
    [Freddiemerc]: instead of logging onto aoc everyday and losing all your duels then crying about gear n aa's. go get some ffs then come back n duel
    To [Freddiemerc]: coem on deathwish and fight me
    To [Freddiemerc]: i dont log on aoc to pve
    To [Freddiemerc]: nor do i log on everyday
    [Freddiemerc]: so keep losing then

-on deathwish i have every piece of the kesh blue set
    -i have a blue khitai set
    -a pvp t1 set
    -i use a a mix of pvp t1, pvp t3 and khitai blues and purps with a lvl 77 cape

its quite clear to to anyone on the server im willing to adapt to the circumstance of the fight, yet seldom come, all too busy grinding their city or 6mans.

All this to ask, why do you guys have toons on PvP servers to PvE in order to have an unfair advantage?(makes me afraid of the reception of unchained minis, only a few have shown interest, basically none by the grinding players)
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 3rd August 2013 at 07:49.

i come accross another ranger

To [Opeg]: strip the khitai stuff and pvp stuff bud
    [Opeg]: The ****

First of this is old news

Second why in the world you challenge ranger to duel when even naked ranger can beat a barb...

You setting yourself up for failure, then you cry about gear. This is a video game and even if in real life, people will use every advantage they have against you. Asking them to throw away their advantage is the stupidest thing.

Ever hear boxers tell their opponents to punch slower? Softer?

In mini games barbs would eat rangers for breakfast most the time in an average team.

Play smart.

This is a common and popular view, but does not make it true.
    You take something that matters in terms of survival and generalize, but this does not make it true in general.

It lies in the nature of sports and games, that people are NOT using every advantage and they "play" around. Sure the boxer does not punch "slower", but there are rules governing the fight. And as i see it, Barbaric mistook the other player for a decent person he could ask to try something out. In boxing analogy a sparring partner...seems he was wrong

Maybe these people have gone now, but i DO remember that in 2009/2010 there were different minded pvpers around (or maybe i get the impression, because there were simply MORE pvpers around and it was easier to ignore the id****). They geared down, did not use comboskipping every time, and did not qq when they got killed...and what might be more important, they were able to TALK

This resulted in player made sandboxes, brutal fights which resulted not in a permanent grudge and more fun overall.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 3rd August 2013 at 09:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    First of this is old news

Second why in the world you challenge ranger to duel when even naked ranger can beat a barb...
    well he eventually decided to remove a few pieces he died.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    This is a common and popular view, but does not make it true.
    You take something that matters in terms of survival and generalize, but this does not make it true in general.

It lies in the nature of sports and games, that people are NOT using every advantage and they "play" around. Sure the boxer does not punch "slower", but there are rules governing the fight. And as i see it, Barbaric mistook the other player for a decent person he could ask to try something out. In boxing analogy a sparring partner...seems he was wrong

Maybe these people have gone now, but i DO remember that in 2009/2010 there were different minded pvpers around (or maybe i get the impression, because there were simply MORE pvpers around and it was easier to ignore the id****). They geared down, did not use comboskipping every time, and did not qq when they got killed...and what might be more important, they were able to TALK

This resulted in player made sandboxes, brutal fights which resulted not in a permanent grudge and more fun overall.
    your average day in NG on my barb on tyranny:
    -i cross someone, i kill him,
    -he rages in tells,
    -i ask him to duel me
    -he accepts, we fight
    -he says i hack, then he brings a few guildies

has happened on a few occasions, alot of the community on tyranny is completely disinterested in ameliorating their abilities, makes some very lack-luster pvp
    Last edited by barbaricwildcat2; 3rd August 2013 at 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    Asking them to throw away their advantage is the stupidest thing.

Ever hear boxers tell their opponents to punch slower? Softer?

Play smart.
    we want to figure out which ---human--- not piece of gear, is better in pvp

in boxing boxers will have identical pairs of gloves---duh, its exactly like boxing but on a comp
    (what happens if someone goes for an unfair advantage aka steroids, he gets banned; do players get banned for getting gear on pvp servers, no: maybe they should.)

There is no good pvpers in aoc anymore only degrees of bad.

There can never be skilled players due to the game being dumbed down so much its skill gape is so low that even bad players can do well in the current format.

This discussion is irrelevant.

unchained minis will be a complete failure due to no pvpers left to care anyways so either gear up to everyone's else level or stop QQing

Quote Originally Posted by Osireis View Post
    There is no good pvpers in aoc anymore only degrees of bad.

There can never be skilled players due to the game being dumbed down so much its skill gape is so low that even bad players can do well in the current format.

This discussion is irrelevant.

unchained minis will be a complete failure due to no pvpers left to care anyways so either gear up to everyone's else level or stop QQing
    Players in general do not learn / adapt much from playing minigames in pug constellations.

Back on topic, you have to take in consideration Barbaricwildcat2 that not everyone is intrested in duels and e-sport PvP. I dislike seeing brought up the notion of e-sport in PvP because though i enjoy bettering myself i'm not into competition and dislike the attitude in such kind of areas.

I want to fight everybody and anybody and if my opponent is far better or more geared i bring friends. I don't want to be bothered all day long by the flawed concept of fairness. I just want to fight and do it as far as possible from e-peen issues.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast