Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom which person plans your updates and priorities??

Whatever you do in PvP always end up with QQ anyway.
    To illustrate : people claims for more PvP maps and whine in the same time for Jhebbal Sag map.
    PvP crowd is, by definition, impossible to satisfy.

Rage failed after 2 months and when it became apparent it failed, you guys did nothing to fix it. For you it was another gimmick, a form of advertising to get some quick sub cash. It was cheap and a little underhanded imo. For us players it was not fun. Failed content does not count I'm afraid.

And while JS is functional, its also a bit of a mess and can do with some fixes.

This conversation is worth having and it needs to be had, dont run from funcoms mistakes. Fix them, learn from them.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Whatever you do in PvP always end up with QQ anyway.
    To illustrate : people claims for more PvP maps and whine in the same time for Jhebbal Sag map.
    PvP crowd is, by definition, impossible to satisfy.
    Those who keep on trying will usually succeed, those who do nothing certainly will not.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Ah I see, content you don't like doesn't count. This conversation then, is not worth having.
    Please don't let threads and posts like this discourage you from conversing with us. Most of the population is just not aware of the type of issues you probably need to deal with.

People directing anger at Funcom is fine, as a company, they have stuffed up, repeatedly, and deserve your disdain with respect to their treatment of Age of Conan in general, and more specifically, the PvP community and related PvP content. However, shifting all the blame of decisions made by the old team lead to the new team lead does not sit well with me. You cannot blame him for the past, that he *inherited*. Yes, I understand he represents the company, and sometimes is your point of contact, so you vent at him and think it is warranted and will somehow get results or get the point across. I get that. But think about the other side of the coin for a minute please.

You have a person who:
    - worked primarily on a different game to start with, which did not do as well as initially thought
    - 'inherited' further games, all with their own issues and substantial legacy to think about
    - has a team size considerably reduced from its previous size
    - has less income to screw around with
    - has lost previously knowledgeable resources, who contained such knowledge as why decisions were made, why a piece of code is the way it is, and so on

Content is going to come slow from now on. It's as simple as that. Funcom just do not have the resources (or the will, or both) to do otherwise. Your venting will achieve nothing except for making Joel wonder why he bothers to even try to do the job. Passion only gets you so far before you throw your hands up and say 'stuff it, I am out'.

If you have problems with what Funcom does, do what I have done. STOP PAYING THEM.
    Last edited by Petridish; 6th August 2013 at 10:31.
    Drunkskunk (Sin) - Petridish (ToS) - Gwarnath (BS) - Tomatohawk (DT)

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    Those who keep on trying will usually succeed, those who do nothing certainly will not.
    Trying on which basis ?

Some people want more minis, some people want more world-pvp incentives, some people want guild vs guild/sieges fixed.

Some people want buffs for their classes, some people want nerfs for other classes. Multiply theses facts by the number of classes in this game and add to the top people can not even agree on how to nerf/buff (AA ? Gear ? Feats ? Weapons ?)

Some people wants PvE gear nerfed to oblivion, some people want PvP gear less grindy, some people want gear matters/progression system others want the opposite.

Some people want just k/d others wants objectives. Some people rages on Jhebbal Sag water, others said TT is trash, others said BR is only for rangers and demos and so on.

Some people want to see Bori deleted, some people want to keep it in order to have more world-pvp.

Some people want to plays with friends in pug minis for more teamplay, some people want to plays with friends in pug minis to farm it...

So :

What funcom must do ? Trying ? If they try, tommorow there'll be 2x more QQ from players thinking the opposite. Guaranted shitstorm. I understand why PvE content is easier to deliver, you make a dungeon/raid, difficult at start for hardcore-guilds and nerf it 1 year later to everyone-else level. Wash, rince, repeat.
    Last edited by Bibik; 6th August 2013 at 10:31.

Funcom

Just to be clear, I only meant a conversation where the person refuses to acknowledge things that have been done because they personally don't like them and refuses to remember the past when people demanded Bori to go live early (it happened, I remember the designers who made it being a bit...hesitant about the decision).

I am really trying to avoid "overpromising" things for AoC and I have inherited a pile of things which need to be completed before I can even start to chart my own course for the game.

It takes time. My monthly letters are probably boring because right now we really have a full workload with what we need to do and I don't have crazy new feature X to talk about.

It's not some deliberate scheme to sabotage the game - it's a cascading series of priorities and at times it feels like a tug of war.

I know people are angry because they are passionate - I respect that. I just can't click my fingers and have the development team that AoC had 5 years ago either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Trying on which basis ?

What funcom must do ? Trying ? If they try, tommorow there'll be 2x more QQ from players thinking the opposite. Guaranted shitstorm. I understand why PvE content is easier to deliver, you make a dungeon/raid, difficult at start for hardcore-guilds and nerf it 1 year later to everyone-else level. Wash, rince, repeat.
    Yeah thats called working and developing nothing more.. aka. keep on trying.This is how usually things are done in the business world followed by various tools to improve your what you are doing aka. products & processes. You can take a look and follow what ever method of system of development such as PDCA cycle BSC and it will tell you to do constant check up and seek for weak spots. If something isnt working properly, then find the the things what are wrong and find a way to improve it. The main thing is to constantly try to make the things better.

Improving PVP isnt any rocket science...and it can be fixed. Of course there will be always QQ and various people want different things. Thats why there are tools such as polls and indicators to filter the ideas what are generally wanted.

Funcom designed Bori, funcom put it in game, funcom failed to remove it when thousands transfered to empty servers like Hyrkania to abuse it. Funcom clicked the "go live button". Funcom are the owners, the developers and the testers. Its solely your fault and your responsibility. Man up and accept it.

Putting even 1% blame on the playerbase is just ridiculous. It's taking the piss tbh.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Funcom designed Bori, funcom put it in game, funcom failed to remove it when thousands transfered to empty servers like Hyrkania to abuse it. Funcom clicked the "go live button". Funcom are the owners, the developers and the testers. Its solely your fault and your responsibility. Man up and accept it.

Putting even 1% blame on the playerbase is just ridiculous. It's taking the piss tbh.
    EDIT- Not worth it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast