Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Funcom which person plans your updates and priorities??

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    And I remember when we made something quickly and with very little code work - it was called Shrines of Bori. Apparently the players loved it.
    A sense of humour is always a good trait When do you think this new dungeon is making it out to the live servers?

And I remember when we made something quickly and with very little code work - it was called Shrines of Bori. Apparently the players loved it.
    Forgive me for being blunt, but don't you dare blame Bori on us, that was Funcom's mistake alone. Actually Bori was on testlive for a while, and you were warned that it was going to be a clusterfvck. But someone went ahead with it anyway.

A mini map or two. A top 50x ranking system. That cant be too difficult for you to implement? Putting the pvp stats back in, win/lose/kills/deaths, that cant be so hard either.

Fixing critical bugs. Pvp queue, setting not saving and stuff like that.

Merging the servers, giving us something because we have had so little content and fixes for so long now it's like you are afk for 2 years.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by K4nnyc View Post
    Forgive me for being blunt, but don't you dare blame Bori on us, that was Funcom's mistake alone. Actually Bori was on testlive for a while, and you were warned that it was going to be a clusterfvck. But someone went ahead with it anyway.

A mini map or two. A top 50x ranking system. That cant be too difficult for you to implement? Putting the pvp stats back in, win/lose/kills/deaths, that cant be so hard either.

Fixing critical bugs. Pvp queue, setting not saving and stuff like that.

Merging the servers, giving us something because we have had so little content and fixes for so long now it's like you are afk for 2 years.
    No actually, I was around. Bori was on Testlive and players pressured Craig to push it out before the expansion released. So he did.

Don't misinterpret that we are still absolutely responsible for the design and we own it and all of its flaws. e.t.c But anyone who was around at the time should remember the petitions to release Bori.

No actually, I was around. Bori was on Testlive and players pressured Craig to push it out before the expansion released. So he did.

Don't misinterpret that we are still absolutely responsible for the design and we own it and all of its flaws. e.t.c But anyone who was around at the time should remember the petitions to release Bori.
    Again, sorry for being blunt but I'm annoyed. A tiny fraction of the population demanded it and you gave in to them. That could be forgiven if the design wasn't so quickly identified as the worst pvp system in history.

What defies belief is that you left it in. Even when thousands started transferring to servers like Hyrkania to level up without fighting. That should have been the flashing warning light that it was crap and you needed to do something.

It also doesn't detract from the fact that you haven't done anything for the pvp community since bori apart from promise stuff in monthly letters, then fail to produce. (dont mention Rage server or jebbal sag please because they are both bad content)
    Last edited by K4nnyc; 6th August 2013 at 09:43.
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

And what happened to summer surveys? You are not even doing those anymore. Community has given numerious good suggestions to permanently improve the PVP experience... all you need it a proper survey and polls to get a direction what you should focus on doing. Minimap is not going to be more than few months temporary happiness to the current misery of PVP.

I have more memories of players pressuring devs to release Bori ASAP indeed instead of delaying it, funny thing.

Complains came later, when the bigger pvp guilds eventually agreed on a schedule.

At least that's how I remember it on Stygia.
    -- Ieronon, QQror --
    -- Deutter, holy potato --

What do you need stats back for if whole counting kills implementation is just crap? Roll necro, dot everything, SW on other side of map = win. You're not awarded in any way by doing pvp, nor for healing, assisting etc in minigames. In fact kill counts doesn't matter at all. Now with f2p you can get second account and farm your alt to get better stats, if you really want to be one of those pro pvpers that are leaving minigame with 20-30% of health (hi Tarikko). Ohh and btw. bori is the child of listening to such whining pvp "community". I remember how pro pvpers were transfering from Fury to Hyrkania (which was pretty empty server) to dig bori 24/7, good joke. Already can imagine how many people will play "unchained" minigames :-)

Seriously AoC never was PVP game. While it might tried to feature some pvp aspects it's just utter s h i t e in this area. Difference between new players and vets with pvp10 is huuuuuge. I think I would quit game myself if I would have to grind anything in pvp without gear and AA's these days (though probably those 79 free AA points got situation bit better in AA departament). Minigames... I still play those from time to time for fun but I see mostly same people around and they pop much much less these days.

About PVE content... yes we need more PVE content. Guilds have been farming T4 for quite a long time and some people (including me) are just already tired of it, being full T4 and gearing some other alt. T3 got entirely useless with khitai gear and still Thoth is probably one of the hardest boss in-game just because there's so much luck factor included in it. There's nothing more to do outside of this, unless you enjoy doing KK run for 1000th time. People deny to do bit harder dungeons just because they want easy shinys. Dragon Spine was failure, hopefully Funcom is aware of this. Remember anniversary event? Leviathus had to show up in Dragon Spine at that time, I've been looking few times at those areas and what? Nobody was there except like 2-3 people. Now compare this to khitai.

Only sad thing is that most development is going on in Secret World and that'll be in future as well (which actually feels like single player game). Not sure if we'll get even 20% of development efforts of whole team. So far we were getting some "microwaved cutlet" updates and it doesn't seem we will get anything new soon (yeah, "new" instance which probably was done in quite big part and was planned to be delivered 9 months ago?). Crafting system needs lot of work (that means: we do not have "resources" and is postponed to not defined future - i don't like calling people resources personally) and probably will be released when I'll be already flying my intergallactic ship in Star Citizen (I love Wing Commander) :-D

TBH I don't count on anything more than "keep alive" so we still pay subs (that's how you make them happy, pay and get nothing :-)) and while I'm playing this game from beggining my fun & faith is weaker every day.
    Last edited by nedbee; 6th August 2013 at 10:04.
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by SelfRez View Post
    And what happened to summer surveys? You are not even doing those anymore. Community has given numerious good suggestions to permanently improve the PVP experience... all you need it a proper survey and polls to get a direction what you should focus on doing. Minimap is not going to be more than few months temporary happiness to the current misery of PVP.
    He's gone, wont see him for another month now. lol
    Pvp in AOC is Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by nedbee View Post
    What do you need stats back for if whole counting kills implementation is just crap? Roll necro, dot everything, SW on other side of map = win. You're not awarded in any way by doing pvp, nor for healing, assisting etc in minigames. In fact kill counts doesn't matter at all. Now with f2p you can get second account and farm your alt to get better stats, if you really want to be one of those pro pvpers that are leaving minigame with 20-30% of health (hi Tarikko). Ohh and btw. bori is the child of listening to such whining pvp "community". I remember how pro pvpers were transfering from Fury to Hyrkania (which was pretty empty server) to dig bori 24/7, good joke. Already can imagine how many people will play "unchained" minigames :-)

Seriously AoC never was PVP game. While it might tried to feature some pvp aspects it's just utter s h i t e in this area. Difference between new players and vets with pvp10 is huuuuuge. I think I would quit game myself if I would have to grind anything in pvp without gear and AA's these days (though probably those 79 free AA points got situation bit better in AA departament). Minigames... I still play those from time to time for fun but I see mostly same people around and they pop much much less these days.

About PVE content... yes we need more PVE content. Top guild have been farming T4 for quite a long time and some people (including me) are just already tired of it, being full T4 and gearing some other alt. Really there's nothing more to do outside of this, unless you enjoy doing KK run for 1000th time. People deny to do bit harder dungeons just because they want easy shinys. Dragon Spine was failure, hopefully Funcom is aware of this. Remember anniversary event? Leviathus had to show up in Dragon Spine at that time, I've been looking few times at those areas and what? Nobody was there except like 2-3 people. Now compare this to khitai.

Only sad thing is that most development is going on in Secret World and that'll be in future as well (which actually feels like single player game). Not sure if we'll get even 20% of development efforts of whole team. So far we were getting some "microwaved cutlet" updates and it doesn't seem we will get anything new soon (yeah, "new" instance which probably was done in quite big part and was planned to be delivered 9 months ago?). Crafting system needs lot of work (that means: we do not have "resources" and is postponed to not defined future - i don't like calling people resources personally) and probably will be released when I'll be already flying my intergallactic ship in Star Citizen (I love Wing Commander) :-D

TBH I don't count on anything more than "keep alive" so we still pay subs (that's how you make them happy, pay and get nothing :-)) and while I'm playing this game from beggining my fun & faith is weaker every day.
    QFT tutu!

And btw. Star Citizen looks cool. I'm deffo gonna try that. I played those Wing Commanders like crazy way back

Thom.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Funcom

It also doesn't detract from the fact that you haven't done anything for the pvp community since bori apart from promise stuff in monthly letters, then fail to produce. (dont mention Rage server or jebbal sag please because they are both bad content)
    Ah I see, content you don't like doesn't count. This conversation then, is not worth having.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast