Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – July 2013

I tried to give Joel and the new team every benefit of a doubt. That goodwill is pretty much gone where I'm concerned.

As mentioned above, you have a simple game breaking rez box bug that has been present for the last few months. I've been told it is fixed on TL, though I haven't seen that for myself. But if so, why is that not on live by now? Joel said when he took over that he planned to implement regular maintenance. 6 months in, how is that not began?

6 months of the new team, and we have nothing to show for it. All we get are vague notions of future content, and excuses as to why the content done by the previous team hasn't been polished and published to the servers.

If someone who loves the game and has been dedicated to it as much as I have is out of patience, I can only imagine that those who have been wavering on whether to stay are done with AOC, or will be soon.

Achievement Unlocked: Ignored 50 Goldspammers!
    Least time in combat (Master Gyas) Logic: 0:00:01 "Wtf is this sh*t"
    [Global][Chaoskult]: sikk has no mom, he has two dads.[Global][Siekk]: one of them is u
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    The Bloody Peasants - Being dismissive of watery tarts.

Bull@#$%!!! Cannot xfer for another month?? Are you serious Funcom? Toons stuck on dead servers and you disable paid xfers till merge is complete.

What about the 'event' on TL in order to test latency with high-populated instance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    What about the 'event' on TL in order to test latency with high-populated instance ?
    you mean for the 8 people that log on TL?
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

Quote Originally Posted by tman1991 View Post
    you mean for the 8 people that log on TL?
    Well, the purpose of this kind of event is to get more than 8 people at the same time !
    Like old siege testing back in 2011.

It is only me that thinks the 1-2 last letters reminds me of the letters of the previous "his name must not be spelled" GD?

Wow it seems it comes with the job description of AoC GD:

Give them promises that even you have serious doubts you can deliver.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bvis View Post
    I wonder who picks which dungeons to "unchain" because those are three of the worst dungeons currently in the game. Maybe the unchained versions will be a lot better but somehow judging from AoK I won't hold my breath. Make xib unchained and I would be thrilled though!
    Look at it from a positive side...if they mess up unpopular dungeons...not much harm done. If they mess up Atzels and Xiba...and looking at their capability to "undo" bad choices...i'd rather see scorpion cave and halls of frost unchained.

I just hope they would leave the old instances alone this time as "nostalgia" version. Also on TL or on the old forums have been nice suggestions made of how "unchained" could be done.

Wonder what is GD job description at Funcom. Nvm.... Posting Rephrased previous month GD Letters check,Promise to players content that meets 7 month deadlines check, Organazine stuff Vacations check, More Vacations and sitting around check, Itroduce more Anoying Bugs to keep players busy check.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast