Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things I heard in NPH

Gah.. thank you for reminding me of what we lost.

Visuals back then are a lot better. Godrays and effects now make the entire game look like the world has bad smog issues. Even turned off the view is crappier then it used to be. Water is crap now.

Also, drunken piss parties.. it added fun to the pvp world. Nothin says I kicked your ass better then pissin on the guys corpse.

Like what many have said already, this game is no way near as good looking as it was the first couple years.

I chuckle to myself when I hear people say "This game looks amazing!". It's a good looking game, like an average game, but it is only half as nice looking as it was at launch.

I USED to log on just to look at the landscape and run around and notice new things, and re-visit favorite spots. Did you know the sun used to rise in the east and set in the west on every map? Yep, I used to watch the sunsets/sunrises in this game. lol.

Yeah, the game is on the low-end of average looking now and smeared with shiny baby-oil.

I remember that in the first few weeks nights WERE actually dark and scary. I really enjoyed wandering around Tesso, it was just so cool and mysterious somehow.

Also I would kill for that population again (just like FC probably). Look how Tradepost is crowded. People were everywhere.

Good ol' days.

Yeah there's no such thing as night time any more =( I hear it from old school rangers, as well, who try to use hide and are constantly popped by L50 mobs (which is ridiculous, why do we even have levels any more).

Game's gone soft. A demon from hell wearing a g-string. Makes you think summoning hellspawn is something for tourists and not personal gain and power!

I agree the nighttime looks terrible. Looks like a slightly cloudier day with a MASSIVE moon. I had to play with the contrast and gamma levels to get a decent looking night which helped the visuals all around.

I also agree with the mobs popping people out of hide, it shouldn't happen it completely nullifies the purpose of hiding for rogues in pve.

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    I uploaded couple sentimental screenshots from 2008, enjoy!

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/2597/sy5v.png
    lololol

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    OOOooor! They can simply run a system check on first launch and have that option avail that automatically chooses the gfx settings for best performance. I've wish AoC had this 5 years ago because you spend so much time flicking things you aren't really sure what kind of impact it has on your system. (Mind you 5 years ago almost everyone had to run things on low so it didn't matter haha)
    Can you explain me how to do that? I didnt know ther was a way to atomattically get better graphic configuration with my PC.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    lololol
    Hahaha, it was awesome, wasn't it? Thats why I loved AoC from the very beggining, game had some hairy balls back than.

The one thing all newcomers can do to stay is unsubscribe to NPH/LFG/GLOBAL chats.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12