Thread: Early Gear

Default Early Gear

So as a fresh 80 Sin, what are some recommendations on end game gear. I have started grinding Khitai and some fo the solo/unchained zones, but Kora Korum is a bitch. I am T4 reputation (Thanks to some veteran toeksn) with the Brittle Blade, but I am at a point in the quests that have lead me into Kora Korum and I die way too easy there. I did fine in Grasslands and Chosain though as long as I managed my mobs, but now, 1v1 I struggle.

I seem to be in a catch 22 here. I need better gear so I can run K6's/unchained but can't get better gear until I start running some K6's/unchained.

Do I just grind out weekly T1 raids and work my way up from there?

I have had no probelm leveling my Sin to 80...in fact one of the fastest classes I have gotten to 80, and up to this point, I have run into no problems soloing...even where I had problems on other classes, they were a breeze with my Sin. I seem to have hit the gear wall.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kellaxe; 29th July 2013 at 21:59.

Not pve expert (more of pve nab) as i mostly do world pvp and minis, but i recently lvled sin and bought some bb blue gear for it (chest, legs, shoulder and wrists) got belt as reward and rest of gear is random blues and blue craft dagger. accesories were still lvl 50-60.
    I decided to go for couple of bb pieces and i can easily run HM of IS, DMH and refuge. Hardest part is killing spider if one of my cc is resisted but when you learn how to do it its not hard.
    If you have trouble doing KK solo, why dont you go for lets say hyrk faction or some more to grind moas so you can buy those 2 bb purples that comes at rank 4.
    Also if you have nice group try doing amphi Unchained. Like i said im pve nab so not sure can you do it as i never did it.

Hope some more experienced pve player will give more help

easy to get daggers: http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/...r-daggers.html

easy to get rings: http://aochideout.blogspot.com/2013/...ear-rings.html

I need to do more of these it seems :X

Don't get dicouraged by KK, it is HARD AS NAILS.

What is your build? The build makes or breakes assassin in Khitai and the only viable set up is the one with avatar:

Solo PVE Hybrid for Khitai (http://is.gd/x7u1TL)
    This is perfect build for leveling up in Khitai. At first you will need Atrophy to "soften up" your opponents a little.

Solo PVE Hybrid for Khitai [advanced(http://is.gd/ICwsBQ)
    As you get better gear your can switch to this build for faster killing. It is "bomb" build so it can be used for PVP as well. With avatar running and detonation and both DWW/GB you can leech absurd amount of health to out-live any mob in Khitai.

I have geared up my assassin back in 2010 with BB blues and slowly replaced them with BB epics. That is what you want to do.

Add 1 point into Sins of Flesh and 1 into Castration so you will get two new, hard hitting combos (adding more points doesn't upgrade the damage) right off the bat.

KK is hard man, KK is hard....
    Retired

If you need an extra Rare Trophy boost you can get 10-12 a day from running solo dungeons if it comes down to it.

I like taking my new toons to Isle of Iron Statues for practice (4-5 rares in ~15 mins), and a way to get rares for your purple chest. Do a search for short cut videos. You can simply run from most of the adds, and come back to kill them at leisure for the quest once the timed run is over (after you complete the statue room). The most difficult fight with an undergeared toon is with the spider boss, which you must do to activate HM. It is doable with crafted blues, but you have to time AoD and Cat's Paw properly (btw the whole isntance only does physical damage). Gear with constitution and health is most helpful. I can't remember if it hits only certain sides so you might want to watch and adjust shielding accordingly - but I don't bother once my toons start getting a few decent pieces.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

KK is all about the spec. However, when I'm soloing on my sin, I just use my pvp spec (which has accelerated, AoD and all the CC's), and you should be able to survive it even with slightly subpar gear. CC frequently, watch your positioning, and try not to fight next to pats, or draw in too large of a group - as they can melt a clothie rather quickly. Always have enough shards ready for a quick escape with accelerated.

For the spider boss on IOIS, you simply have to stun it and watch for the physical wrack stacks it puts on you. If it ever hits x2, you'll be getting low, so pop your AoD and tap your way back up. I can generally get through the instance in 8-9 minutes with a severely under geared toon.

Also, don't forget about your other solos such as Forgotten City, and Refuge of the Apostate.

Social Rejects

Visit us at: www.srejects.com

I always ask sin's and hox'es in KK if they need help with questing. I have a full khitai geared sin, yet i die against 2 mobs. Not much you can do as a sin there.

I've always just avoided Kara Korum on all my characters, and instead grind tokens and gold in Grasslands, Chosain, and Paikang. The debuffs are bad enough, especially for cloth wearers; but the zone is just un-navigable.
    Quæ tam fera immanisque natura? - Cicero, Pro Sexto Roscio
    ------
    Heraclea (conq)--Hippolyte (rgr)--Ursamaior (BS)--Turandot (demo)--Nhutruong (DT)--Grignette (barb)--Haboob (HoX)--Androctone (guard)--Almawt (sin)--Dysphemia (necro)
    讓我給你讀你的內臟

deadman's hand has a random drop crit blue dagger that's free and good.