Thread: Old Aoc e3 Video

do i see scabbard? and lance? formations? Oo

I would pay to get play that one instead of this pile of turd.

Something went very wrong while they were making that game

I liked the way the character was moving a bit slower (compared to now) but the sword swings looked more realistic and powerful.

Animations were far too slow then. Also crying over ancient history is silly.

it was always a vaporware, that game was never made.

People forget how vastly different the MMO market was back in 2005-2006
    Retired

Thumbs up

i would like to see scabbards in the game now... i mean floating swords in my back doesn't look barbaric at all...
    game was awesome back then i don't know what happened, but i hope it keeps going for a long time, there won't be another game like this.

I've still got my original early release game box standing here, which already promised DX10.

Some of the things the announced pre-release sounded pretty awesome. Personally, I liked the idea of focussing the game on city vs. city/tribe gameplay, with NPC building up forces to attack your guild city etc. That might have been a nice and innovative concept. Raids/dungeons use up a lot of development time, as you have to deliver new things for people to play through every once in a while. A game concept like a RTS instant battle can keep people busy for months or years. Would have been nice to see that transplanted into the first person / MMO genre.

However... that didn't happen. We got other cool stuff instead.

I'd like the scabbard, though. And the character shown in the siege segment has some interesting armor. The lance mechanic might still exist somewhere. Would give horses a bit more usability in combat.