Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: POM K6/T4 Build help

That's actually a pretty interesting build. How is your single target DPS roughly when you're going all-out DPS?

I don't understand why would you throw out LoP and AoF?

I'm not saying they are completely useless in PVE, they are just spells I do not use very often. As a new pom learning the abilities and what to use, you are not seriously gimping yourself leaving those off your hotbars.

If I pull aggro in PVE there's a good chance I'm dying whether or not armor of faith is up unless the tank pulls it back immediately or my bubble is up. Armor of faith is definitely more of a PVP spell. Litany of protection is 10% damage deflection for what, 5 or 10 seconds? And it has a fairly long cooldown. It can be helpful, but it is also not a lifesaver. No reason a new pom figuring out his rotation needs those spells on his hotbar, imo. Work them in once you've really figured out what is important, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbybobby View Post
    I'm not saying they are completely useless in PVE, they are just spells I do not use very often. As a new pom learning the abilities and what to use, you are not seriously gimping yourself leaving those off your hotbars.
    Agreed, though you made it sound like they're completely obsolete

If I pull aggro in PVE there's a good chance I'm dying whether or not armor of faith is up unless the tank pulls it back immediately or my bubble is up. Armor of faith is definitely more of a PVP spell. Litany of protection is 10% damage deflection for what, 5 or 10 seconds? And it has a fairly long cooldown. It can be helpful, but it is also not a lifesaver. No reason a new pom figuring out his rotation needs those spells on his hotbar, imo. Work them in once you've really figured out what is important, etc.
    AoF gives a few free (when there's no unholy damage involved) percent of physical mitigation - depending on your gear setup it may save your life, even in T4. When it has no drawbacks - why not use it? He can group it with 4h buffs - it may be easier to remember that you have something like that.

LoP is weak alone, but if you pair it with BoM (or ToS/BS/necro prots) it can save someone's life. Just saying.

I have a couple tweaks on Shax's build that will make it more viable (this is what I currently run, and it is awesome). This build is capable of solo-healing 6mans and will have you near (or at) the top of the dps parse even in a very good group if played properly.

http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v2_1182...f7c42f56d2f378

The two main differences are skipping divine lance and adding points into improved purification of mitra. If you are not running light of mitra or other mana-regen feats, divine lance will simply suck your mana too quickly to make it viable. By adding two points into improved purification of mitra, your two dots (purification of mitra and cleansing fire) have the identical cooldown, making it super easy to keep both up.

The spell rotation is roughly as follows:

For single target fights: rebuke, cleansing fire, wave of life, MSE+insta smite, and then spam smite and rebuke until holy storm is up for the fast-cast condemnation. Once cleansing fire and wave of life come off cooldown, immediately recast them to keep both dots ticking and to keep your improved damage stacks high (from spiritual feedback and holy vengeance), and basically restart the rotation. But do not cast MSE if cleansing fire is not ticking on the target, as it will not trigger the insta smite, which is what makes MSE worth it. Work in repulse when it is off cooldown. If the tank is having problems surviving or holding aggro, throw blessing of mitra on them (also gives you 25% increased magic damage, so it is a very nice damage burst). Work in green heals if the tank is going down fast, and throw your big heal when needed. Use holy cleansing sparingly (usually last 15% of the boss) unless your tank is very good, because you will have a good chance of pulling it.

In multi-target fights: Always target the add farthest away from you, and line them up in a column if possible for additional splash damage. The spell rotation is identical, except you want to spam lance, smite, and rebuke while waiting for holy storm to proc and for your dots to come off cooldown. Lance gives splash and column damage, so it is one of our best aoe spells.

No matter what the fight is, spellweave as much as possible. This is a very mana-intensive build, but there is a 15% mana tap buff in spellweaving that really helps maintain mana. The additional damage is obviously nice as well. Poms also have an incredible ability called mitra's thunder that gives smite and rebuke a knockback effect--great for cc'ing adds.

Obviously, go for scarlet circle gear until you get T4 (but get the yellow priest hands). Pick up steadfast and shimmering and keep decisive and pressing slotted. Empowered mending is excellent too.

Hope that helps.
    I just started running around last night on my PoM to do some faction stuff and tried this build. It was pretty good! I had been running a std Veng / Gen build, which also worked pretty well.

I Figured since I have no gear on her past T2, I would run around and try to get her in Faction gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    You either like the game or you don't. If you are hanging around because you feel like I am stringing you along with false promises, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Caust999 View Post
    As a counterweight for the divinity builds, I'll offer the vengeance build that I use in T3/T4.
    Some minor tweaking of this build pushes dps a bit further.

1- it is possible to drop 1 point of Holy accession to take lance of mitra 1/5 to replace smite in your spell rotation in any fight configuration when you have more than a solo opponent.

2- it is possible to drop 2 points of Ether discharge to take All-encompassing spirit 2/2.

Here's my build http://joharaoc.eu/feat?link=v2_1182...f5082f56e2f378

Not too disimilar from Robbys but pulled some points from BoM other places and added em to Divine Lance.

EoM sucks....just use as a filler when LoM is down imo.....Sacred Smite kinda pointless in PvE as you can LoM and normal Smite in the same time and do more damage.
    People just don't want to invest time in an MMO. A true showing of ADD. I think AOC isn't a game for you if you just want to start out at max levels. You should try star wars, Call of Duty, AION, or any of the other instant gratification games.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12