Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Computer gets too hot

Nvidia control panel.

But i think adaptive works only with 600 and 700 series

But it is definitely AoC, without adaptive vsync my GPU would be near 80 degrees and fan screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Nvidia control panel.

But i think adaptive works only with 600 and 700 series

But it is definitely AoC, without adaptive vsync my GPU would be near 80 degrees and fan screaming.
    You my friend, are a hero.

The second I put vSync to adaptive, my tempature dropped to 70-75.

I thank you so much!

Not positive that the problem is fixed for good, but I will update this thread if I have any more issues.
    Nohrin - Stygian Herald of Xolti
    Ubogin - Cimmerian Bear Shaman
    Noxamor - Aquilonian Barbarian

If you are interested in Age of Conan Livestreams, check out my Livestream or better yet follow my Livestream at www.twitch.tv/visoth

Default Solution for Temperature problem, i limited max fps to 60

i got Amd R9 270x GPU and game working with very high fps, but more than 60 fps is not that necessary. My catalyst control center doesnt have option for fps cap.

About Battlefield 4, i found a file called user.cfg from forums to put FPS limit on the game, i set it to 60 fps and pasted it into the game folder. It works great.Now GPU doesnt work on its full capacity to give around 90-100 fps and temperature dropped to 65 from 74. Also CPU temperature dropped a little bit.

We can work this in Aoc? i dont know yet.
    here is whats inside the user.cfg file that i pasted into the Battlefield4 ;
    gametime.maxvariablefps 60

Share with us if you try this and success or find another way to limit the ingame Fps
    Last edited by unmastered; 15th October 2014 at 13:48. Reason: forgot a title

Are there any "for show" covers that could be restricting airflow? I know that my case has a top panel which blocks one of the exhaust fans, removing that lowers my temps by around 10*
    Also, try opening a window.

Quote Originally Posted by unmastered View Post
    i got Amd R9 270x GPU and game working with very high fps, but more than 60 fps is not that necessary. My catalyst control center doesnt have option for fps cap.

About Battlefield 4, i found a file called user.cfg from forums to put FPS limit on the game, i set it to 60 fps and pasted it into the game folder. It works great.Now GPU doesnt work on its full capacity to give around 90-100 fps and temperature dropped to 65 from 74. Also CPU temperature dropped a little bit.

We can work this in Aoc? i dont know yet.
    here is whats inside the user.cfg file that i pasted into the Battlefield4 ;
    gametime.maxvariablefps 60

Share with us if you try this and success or find another way to limit the ingame Fps
    Rivatuner.
    http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/rivatuner.html

Add Ageofconan.exe in the list or ageofconandx10.exe whichever you use and then select "Framerate Limit". Set it to 60.
    This works great for me, only problem is when I capture video with this on it may cause some stuttering.
    Here is a picture of where the setting is and some stuff!
    http://i.imgur.com/hVQldbh.jpg

you can ofcourse limit the frames globally but I prefer to use vsyncn where it's available.
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Take pictures of your computer innards, add some arrows for the airflow of the coolers (you can check it with matches), and post the results here!
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Also if you have crappy monitor what goes max 60hz (most LED/LCD panels are like that) then you can put on "Wait for Vertical Sync" option on from AMD control panel for AoC and FPS is limited to 60 FPS, same as your Refresh 60hz rate.

If you have uber monitor like example 120hz or so, then all above is bear **** what I just said.

And I think its pretty retarded to use any sort of FPS limiter. If you PC runs too hot when its working 100%, then its cooling has issues and should be fixed instead using any "workarounds".

Only situation where I would use FPS limiting is cases where my LED panel Refresh rate (Hz) and game FPS are causing stuttering/tearing effect. Then I just slap "Wait for Vertical Sync" and its fixed.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Galadh View Post
    And I think its pretty retarded to use any sort of FPS limiter. If you PC runs too hot when its working 100%, then its cooling has issues and should be fixed instead using any "workarounds".

Only situation where I would use FPS limiting is cases where my LED panel Refresh rate (Hz) and game FPS are causing stuttering/tearing effect. Then I just slap "Wait for Vertical Sync" and its fixed.
    So much this, if your PC has issues when working too hard then it's a hardware issue that you should try to fix rather than work around it with software. In the long run you won't regret it.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    So much this, if your PC has issues when working too hard then it's a hardware issue that you should try to fix rather than work around it with software. In the long run you won't regret it.
    I mostly limit my fps because why use more? Wont the hardware last longer if it isnt used 100% all the time? For example when you are at the login screen at aoc my gfx card decides to jump up to like 1k fps and use 100% gpu power. Kind of useless isnt it? Why have 200 fps when you only need to see 60? . Obviously I dont use it because of the heat it generates but rather to not use it full time for small things like 100% usage when it isnt necessary. During raids it gets hot enough anyways!
    Fass
    Professional northmen slayer of saga
    {Circle of Eternity}

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast