Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Casual?

I have my 80's on Set. I have been playing some lowbies on Tyranny more recently because the 1-80 stuff I know and am not intimidated by. No PVP happens though on tyranny since it is pretty quiet. I came back after the anniversary event when things were kind of hopping, but it gets quieter by the day.

Prima, are the gear items you are talking about Khitai items that you can get solo?

I will do a little more research on what you were referencing.

Thanks again for the input! Hopefully others read this and don't also feel like I had up to this point.

It helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    Dont even need a guild really.. Many PUG groups lfm in global constanly for 6man's. Just let em know you are new, some will object, most will explain and you will be good to go.
    It's still is much nicer to play with a guild + friends. Easier to have a capable core groupe to do things swiftly. If you find the right guild you'll play with calm and patient peeps rather than PuGs where you can get kicked when people see your gear or after one mistake or if they find a better player than you.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Yes, excellent blue and epic armor/etc. can be purchased from faction vendors in Khitai for MoA or rare trophies. Most of the pieces drop in dungeons, but if you look in the Armory list, under the factions' home base(s), you will also see the armor listed with trophy costs: http://aoc.is-better-than.tv/armory.php Rare Trophies are by far the biggest challenge to collect; those drop in Unchained/hard-mode group dungeons (and some solo hard-mode dungeons: Forgotten City, Dead Man's Hand, Isle of Iron Statues, and Refuge of the Apostate. There are also some quests that give rares but not fast enough to make them grind-worthy).

(If you haven't seen the Khitai factions before, it's a bit overwhelming. The best way to approach it is determine from your class forums what the best factions are for your armor, weapon, and accessories, then go find and ally with those factions (see the maps in the Resources thread in the Newcomers forum), and while doing their quests, they'll give you some of their armor for free, and you'll run across their vendors eventually too.)
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellaxe View Post
    I guess this brings up the ultimate question...Is AoC even a game you can play casually, and is this preventing it from really thriving?
    personally i think its one of many issues that prevents it from thriving

I've had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people doing pugs on my own time. Its truly one of the few times when thurs or friday would roll arround and my raid card(s) has been completely full. Most guilds can do W1 in 2 hrs. W2 in about 3 and, W3 in another 2 hrs. Tier 3 is another story...

Quote Originally Posted by edinazzu View Post
    I've had a lot of fun and met a lot of great people doing pugs on my own time. Its truly one of the few times when thurs or friday would roll arround and my raid card(s) has been completely full. Most guilds can do W1 in 2 hrs. W2 in about 3 and, W3 in another 2 hrs. Tier 3 is another story...
    2 hrs to do a Wing 1? I certainly hope you are joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    It's one of the most casual-friendly endgames that I've ever played.

For one thing, AoC is very solo friendly. You can earn five pieces of epic armor comparable to Tier2-3 armor, an epic weapon, and your accessories without ever doing a group.
    You can get epic helm, chest, legs, boots, bracers, cloak, rings, necklace and weapons from faction vendors. You can get epic shoulders and belt from Dragon Sand vendor. The only epic item you can not achieve by rare trophy grind is hands. Rank 3 hands from faction vendor will do you good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    2 hrs to do a Wing 1? I certainly hope you are joking.
    Oh yeah, sorry I'm trying to fill a pug and don't have Seeker to spam global, sheesh...

AoC is extremely Hardcore
    K6 r very hard and punishing
    Miss an AA ability and Group wipes
    Solo dungeons hav a reset timer of 20 hrs
    Only 5 epic pieces of K6 armor can b soloed
    Ibis weapons cant b soloed
    And T3.5 and T4 gear cant b soloed
    Khitai Guardian ploearm is epic trash
    PvP is a mess with T4 players killing other players in 1 hit

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast