Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: new perks for assassin - ideas

Default new perks for assassin - ideas

We all know that new AA perks are coming and, since other classes already have theirs threads, it's time to throw around few ideas for what those new AAs could bring to the assassin table.

Passive perk:

Your soul is mine!
    Assassin has a chance to capture 1 soul shard if he or his team member performs fatality (15%/25%/35%/45%/55% chance)

1 slot perk:

Consume souls
    Gives 3 new abilities:

salvage vitality - consumes soul shards for healing effect
    salvage endurance - consumes soul shards for energy
    salvage stamina - cosumes soul shard for stamina

Major perk:

Into the shadows
    Removes all active damage over time effects and assassin enters stealth, stealthing speed is increased by 5%

Lethal posion
    Using Lethargy or Castration applies new type of poison on the target. This effect can be consumed by miasmas:

soul strike: 5% health tap
    lotus dart: returns some energy back to assassin
    face stab: (no idea :X)

Malicious preparations
    Next ability or spell doesn't require or consume any soulshards.
    Last edited by Slith; 24th July 2013 at 22:44.
    Retired

Since I had no replies I figured my suggestions were too resonable for anyone to get upset about -_-
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    Since I had no replies I figured my suggestions were too resonable for anyone to get upset about -_-
    To be fair, all of your suggestions would dumb down the class except for this one, which is reasonable

"Your soul is mine!
    Assassin has a chance to capture 1 soul shard if he or his team member performs fatality (15%/25%/35%/45%/55% chance)"

1)They all sound like cool ideas, but being able to remove all debuffs/dots and go into stealth mid combat would break the game for any opponent, not to mention some pve encounters.

2) Soul fragment management is the only thing that make the class have some sense of skill to play well, when you let an Sin cast Avatar of death, lotus overdose,death whirlwind, Grave blossum without consuming any shards, that would make the class so noob friendly people would delete their Conqs and DTs just to roll a new Sin.

I would like to see some dps adders to the assassin come about. Rite now as it stands, conq's do more single target dps than a sin.

Idea's?

Maybe a Void of Madness "like" perk. I mean, it doesn't have to be exactly like void as far as power etc, Because personally, I think vom is a little OP. But a sin could really benefit from something like this.

Also, I would like to see something that could temporarily give all the aggro generated by the assasin, to the closest soldier. Say something that lasted for 5-10 seconds. I think this would be pretty interesting!
    Guards: Schou/Schoujr, DT: Mycroch, Conq: Kenfast, Barb: Sonofcronus, Sin's: Crazyassin/Daggerdick, Hox: Scorchnburn, Demo: Touchofdeath, Tos: Enslaveu, BS: Meballs

Quote Originally Posted by kennyfisterbotm View Post
    I would like to see some dps adders to the assassin come about. Rite now as it stands, conq's do more single target dps than a sin.

Idea's?

Maybe a Void of Madness "like" perk. I mean, it doesn't have to be exactly like void as far as power etc, Because personally, I think vom is a little OP. But a sin could really benefit from something like this.

Also, I would like to see something that could temporarily give all the aggro generated by the assasin, to the closest soldier. Say something that lasted for 5-10 seconds. I think this would be pretty interesting!
    I still cant wrap my head around heavies having around 40%+physical/magical mitigation in frenzy and dealing 2K+ dps. Even some skilled pole guardians can pull off 1.5K dps in raids while tanking. I don't think the answer is buffing assassins as much as normalizing tank dps. I am ok with tanks doing 2K dps as long as their mitigation drops to a reasonable amount to around 10-20%, and a 10 sec cd on stances.

maybe perk wihich increase combos time animations to balance this class?:P
    Solmhyr- new style of HoX play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgeball View Post
    I still cant wrap my head around heavies having around 40%+physical/magical mitigation in frenzy and dealing 2K+ dps. Even some skilled pole guardians can pull off 1.5K dps in raids while tanking. I don't think the answer is buffing assassins as much as normalizing tank dps. I am ok with tanks doing 2K dps as long as their mitigation drops to a reasonable amount to around 10-20%, and a 10 sec cd on stances.
    Agreed, Conq and DT dps is just too way out of whack and needs to be brought back in line.

Probably because they can't. I'm not saying that they aren't a broken class but if you want to discuss the issue you have to start with knowing where they actually stand and what they can do, and be honest in the discussion. They do not have 40%+ physical/magical mitigation in frenzy. In full T4 with a mix of plate and heavy gear my conq has 58.0% mitigation. In frenzy, it's 29.5% (with -25.5% magical mitigation numbers). When I actually run a DPS build it's a good bit lower than that due to different feats and wearing T4 heavy rather than T4 plate armour (from memory I believe around the 17% mark?).

What the issue is for conqs is that they can go full carnage DPS, have decent -hate and do up to 2600 single target DPS. Who cares what their mitigation numbers are if they aren't taking hits. All DPS classes should have a higher cap than all soldier classes. Soldiers should still have useful DPS but forever be a little bit overshadowed by the rest. That just isn't the case when they are basically the #1 melee DPS in the game.

The issue for DTs is even worse. So carnage IMO is brokenly good as above. But DTs can do pretty similar damage, remain in defensive stance, and be tapping 300 to 500 hit points per second in full flight on some bosses. If it's magic vulnerable bosses, full tali DPS tanking and you can push out 2.5k to 3k single target in defensive stance! Why the hell is that fair? First of all as above why should they do more DPS than a strict DPS class, and worse why should they do it while being a more than capable tank? Heck, at least carnage conqs can't tank while screwing the system. DTs just make the whole thing a joke.

Source: Conq is full T4, DT is mostly T4.
    Last edited by Boesch; 28th July 2013 at 01:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Boesch View Post
    Probably because they can't. I'm not saying that they aren't a broken class but if you want to discuss the issue you have to start with knowing where they actually stand and what they can do, and be honest in the discussion. They do not have 40%+ physical/magical mitigation in frenzy. In full T4 with a mix of plate and heavy gear my conq has 58.0% mitigation. In frenzy, it's 29.5% (with -25.5% magical mitigation numbers). When I actually run a DPS build it's a good bit lower than that due to different feats and wearing T4 heavy rather than T4 plate armour (from memory I believe around the 17% mark?).

What the issue is for conqs is that they can go full carnage DPS, have decent -hate and do up to 2600 single target DPS. Who cares what their mitigation numbers are if they aren't taking hits. All DPS classes should have a higher cap than all soldier classes. Soldiers should still have useful DPS but forever be a little bit overshadowed by the rest. That just isn't the case when they are basically the #1 melee DPS in the game.

The issue for DTs is even worse. So carnage IMO is brokenly good as above. But DTs can do pretty similar damage, remain in defensive stance, and be tapping 300 to 500 hit points per second in full flight on some bosses. If it's magic vulnerable bosses, full tali DPS tanking and you can push out 2.5k to 3k single target in defensive stance! Why the hell is that fair? First of all as above why should they do more DPS than a strict DPS class, and worse why should they do it while being a more than capable tank? Heck, at least carnage conqs can't tank while screwing the system. DTs just make the whole thing a joke.

Source: Conq is full T4, DT is mostly T4.
    Without getting into semantics, you are talking about pure dps raid spec, where you would be right. However using the right pvp spec and AAs a tank can easily have 40% mitigation all around in frenzy. Regardless of spec or venue, heavies have a serious imbalance of dps to survivability ratio.

Without getting into semantics, you are talking about pure dps raid spec, where you would be right. However using the right pvp spec and AAs a tank can easily have 40% mitigation all around in frenzy. Regardless of spec or venue, heavies have a serious imbalance of dps to survivability ratio.
    My DT in t2 pve with very little protection gear has close to 10% magic mitigation in frenzy, if I had any pvp armor on him I bet I could get 20-30%. My demo sits at 24.7% in full pvp armor and maxed AA, and about 5.5k less hit points.

Geared pvp heavy's are a joke, give them heals and you basically need the same amount of heavys and heals to even start to dent them.

The only exception being carnage conqs are still somewhat squishy once you get them to 40% or less. The rest of the tanks I laugh when my Shockstrike hits for less than 500 (on a 2.5 sec cast) and my instants tickle them at less than 300 a pop, while CW fatalities me at 45% or today was the best, I got hit with Stagger from a guard for close to 2k damage with a CC combo. Wow.

Of course they could easily fix soldiers just by reducing the amount of protection on their pvp gear. A reduction in dps I don't think is needed if they actually suffered from negative mitigations from being in frenzy and had some legitimate risk for reward...
    Last edited by Suctum; 28th July 2013 at 23:36.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast