Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casper, the Content Ghost

Default Casper, the Content Ghost

Was wondering when some new content is going to be released?
    Other than the 5 year anniversary event, which was a good one, the only other content we have gotten THIS ENTIRE YEAR is Dragon Spine (January), which isn't worth doing due to the crappy gear that drops there, so I don't really even count Dragon's Spine as content since no one goes there. Kinda like T3.5 raid instance.

SOOOOO, why should I re-new my sub?

What exactly has been done in AoC in the last 24 months?

And don't tell me about the Funcom restructuring! It has taken you "insert noun here" way too long to restructure, move, settle in, go on vacation, settle in some more, shuffle people around, settle in more, shuffle more, and then more vacation time again.

Any word on getting new Funcom CEO's? The ones you have leave questions in my mind as to their real goals.

Totally agree, the lack of anything being released this year is just horrible.

Look, there are now at least a dozen posts regarding this subject.
    We all know there hasn't been much content.
    I would not expect FC employees really wanting to answer the more or less beliggerent post we've seen lately.

Why should you renew? You should renew if you like the game. If you don't, don't.

The only vote you got here is your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lleilwin View Post
    Look, there are now at least a dozen posts regarding this subject.
    We all know there hasn't been much content.
    I would not expect FC employees really wanting to answer the more or less beliggerent post we've seen lately.

Why should you renew? You should renew if you like the game. If you don't, don't.

The only vote you got here is your feet.
    I LOL at this IRL. Its true, but I think the number of posts show a growing concern among the last players of the game. Its shriking in population every day that content isn't releases at this point. Sure it will always have a following because its conan and the fighting style they have is still the best. But even I am getting bored of the game. Level another toon to the same quests we have had for years? PVP against the same players that have been here for a while? Repeat the same quests for no rewards, because I have the gear already? Whats the point.

I guess the real question is, why are any of us still here? Whats the draw? Perhaps then funcom can add to that. For me its pvp, and its sad and pathetic I have 5 maps and some open world and that's it. 5 years now, very sad I am.

Even with limited resources they are working on AOC content. You should all check out the TestLive forum. A dedicated developer is posting there working on the DS instances. (http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...2&postcount=20)

Anyway doomsday posts are still obsolete, keep your eyes open instead and read.

The new 6 man on TL looks fantastic and is basically a mini-raid instance with some really nice drops. But yeah, they need to start getting some content live soon if they expect to hold whats left of the population.

And please, how should one more instance (how nicely designed ever) similar to fort, house of crom, Khitai (e.g. following the same "rules") help with keeping new players or vets in game?

Again, assuming it is the best instance ever...at the current state those who tested it on TL or who have the resources to do it, will get it done quite fast (prove me wrong otherwise). The majority will NEVER see this instance more than a handful times at best or simply never. I am not saying it is a bad thing, but with a limited team and workpower it might not be the best choice to focus elite and showcase stuff while tons of easier to fix and do stuff lies around unattended. If you don't see a problem with adding stuff on top (be it t10, KK++ or secrets of the badass coollooking dungeon of Xotli), just read "the rush to 80 thread" or a couple of others...or just replay the game without twink support as new player.

They don't even need a big team. One person to actually document and post update notes, if they do something right. One person to actually play and test the player given reports and one more to implement and copy/paste/create new stuff/updates/fixes.

Content also does not always have to be pve instances. A regular update by one (in numbers: 1 (!) person) even could make a big difference. That person would only have to read the suggestions, be able to copy/paste and use editors and communicate with the rest of the team. Example: a couple of new repeatable quests along hard level spots and zones with much running around like those in eiglo mountains shouldn't be too hard.

Imagine a weekly maintenance patch with documented updates (for example quest fixes, new quests. It does not have to be anything big...small steps, but constant. And if there is nothing new, at least that person could copy/paste existing player unavailable armors, gear and emotes or even whole npcs as pets into the item shop and just post in the maintenance notes "standard maintenance - new items in the online shop".

One example of something good undocumented (afaik): Can someone give me the official update notes, where they posted, that annoying non stacking old quest items (like last legion gold, meat, bones etc.) now become one quest item (instead of 4+) when collected?

Bottom line:
    - more linear addons of pve instances are NOT a solution
    - focus and reference to TL is NOT a solution
    - censorship is NOT a solution

- true communication can help you
    - players are your customers
    - documentation and maintenance is NOT a cost factor only
    - AoC is too nice to be neglected in favour of something else
    - pvp can earn you money
    - f2p can earn you money
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th July 2013 at 15:17.

While I think too few players actually read the forums in addition to spamming them...

...I do agree with Kurt to some degree. Maybe there is low-hanging fruit for the devs in the form of new quests/etc.? How about some back in the old world? There is already a dizzying amount of dungeons at 80, more than the average player can do in a night, so the vast majority of 80s are just doing the fastest 3-4 over and over, even if sick to death of them. I'd love to see the stats that are convincing them that another four six-mans are necessary, because that is not my experience in-game.

(P.S. Anyway, check out the Devtracker button every once in a while, it's often fun and interesting, unlike spam of the same answered question over and over.)
    Last edited by Prima; 24th July 2013 at 15:23.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Sorry, i prefer to keep viewing it as input - black box - output customer (not on their payroll) pov

And i can understand that the linked answer to one question, will not sound very satisfying if you read between the lines (e.g. team is on holiday, then the important stuff, then the coils and some more pve instances ...on TL).

Take a look at the OP question "why to renew sub?" and Lleilwins answer. It is a true answer, but shows the problems. If people don't like it, they leave...will this help funcom or the remaining players?

What are the plans for the f2p model? (shop update schedule, limitations, events, options for spending money etc.)
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th July 2013 at 15:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Again, assuming it is the best instance ever...at the current state those who tested it on TL or who have the resources to do it, will get it done quite fast (prove me wrong otherwise). The majority will NEVER see this instance more than a handful times at best or simply never.
    Why would the majority never see it? It looks like a fantastic instance, and has a lot better loot than Yag, which most players have done hundreds of times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast