Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seriously underused cash shop

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    I would spend so much cash.
    If they only had more 'hors and mead.

It is sad especially when you compare it to the creative and fun outfits for The Secret World.

It is even more sad, if you look at the amount of ingame clothing, mounts and emotes unavailable to players even in AoC only. I have dozens of screenshots i wanted to post someday under the suggestions.

One day, one editor, one person -> 30 more new outfits for sale, 10 more emotes or stances, 3 new mounts/companions

But i could be wrong, because i assume an editor, a person with the time to do that and some similarities in knowledge to people i know, who did modding and map creation.

Looking at what devs had done in the past though...i doubt that there lies the problem. Even the best motivated and skilled employee can't do anything, if there are third/fourth/fifth parties or "strategies" are involved.

Sure, they should add more stuff to the store. I highly doubt it's as easy as some of you make it seem. Especially previous poster. When was the last time you made 10 unique animations or 30 unique armor sets or 3 unique mounts/companions (both require new models and animations) in a day? This is not even something that a single person could work on.

Well, you ar right...if we had them not already in game
    I was not talking about creating new meshes or textures or animations or mounts from scratch. I was talking about converting existing things into player useable stuff. Point is...that a lot of this would NOT require new models and animations. Sorry, i thought i made this clear in my post as a condition.

Imo, for example a wide choice of donkey and horses, with a variety of textures and skin colours would be a lot better, than one huge new weird beast (that actually must have required those new models and animations).

And if i would have the resources available they have, i am sure adding 30 new armors just by combining existing pieces is completely doable. Have you ever worked with the Aurora armor or character editor? Even with no custom content, you could already add a lot of variety just by combining and coloring. Making a complete map collection, factions of character types with unique uniforms and new gear was certainly not a problem to create within HOURS. Sure you can't apply this 1:1 to AoC, but copying and pasting existing armor pieces and converting them into player useable stuff with a few variations sounds definitely doable for me.

Of course you can forget most i said, if they have a bad or limited editor software
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th July 2013 at 21:54.

Suggestion: Buy any T2 armor set as social gear. Not T3 as it would take away the achievement factor if you could purchase your own class's looks as vanity.

Either T2 skin or T3 skin with a different, more 'bland', hue.

EDIT: I'd spend money on that!
    Jou ppl need to undstand that it took great skill to play the Ranjor.please stop qq bout ranjor.

I agree to OP wholeheartedly. Every now and then I open the shop page und click on "new items", eager to see if FC has added some new vanity armor.

Then I see 3 SDS mounts, two 1-piece SDS vanity armor and the buckling old mare, and sadly I close the shop page again.

It is not just that there is nothing new (actually there is, because the mount and mare are new and there seems to be some new and unique stuff dropping if you buy the khitan and other treasure chests). It eludes me why they decided to put unique pets and companions (which obviously required some dev power and coding) only into random loot anonymous bags (which is fine, if it was one alternative to get them cheaper, but with the current system you simply don't even know they EXIST).

But the distribution and update intervall are not good (to put it mildly).

Which shop do you thinks makes more money:
    - Shop A offering a few high and overpriced items for a single person only (charbound) once in a long update intervall
    - Shop B offering a wide variety of various priced items with an update with options to buy single, in packs and char- or accountbound (maybe even assuming the same long update intervall)

whoever came up with prices has no idea the actual prices ingame of some things.

like resetting the refeating price, it caps at 1G yet its on promotion for 880 funcom points .

1G=880fc points

basic ridding training book costs less then 1G ingame in item shop its 990fc points

overall almost everything is overprice so high no sane person will ever buy it.

what game needs the most is tsw vanity system tab/inventory and possibility to tag any armor as vanity, and after that sell us any type of vanity armor you can imagine from chainmail bikini to overkill kick ass full plate medieval tournament armor we will buy it if we have enough inventory to colect it.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

There are a lot of emotes in game that are not usable by players. But to be honest no one would buy anyways.

One emote they can easily earn some cash putting back in would be the Drunkpiss emote. Usefull for those PVP encounteres for a lil extra humiliation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast