Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: New 80 PvP: The Frustration

Quote Originally Posted by Vehl View Post
    "Truth from my point of view"
    That's called on opinion, not truth.

I'm not defending cheaters. I'm simply pissed by players who jump to conclusions like that. There's something i don't understand... HACK !!! While most of the time it's just a poor knowledge of classe mechanics or of the server and latency related issues. Fury is not filled with hackers, far from that.

... And here comes bruceleroy with is impecable reasonning. Well done Sherlock... i'm busted. Damn ! Come on Fury then judge instead of making uneducated guesses. Or do you want me to make 4-5 vids on players not cheating ? 4-5 vids from one server... must means it's the majority !
    Well, no one can deny the vid of the ranger jumping 10 meters at a time...that's not latency that's a blatant cheat. Latency problems are more like small teleports where movement is not static and also where the player might be rubber banding.

Any decent player can tell the difference, so stating the obvious for those that know only makes others think your taking their side.

In my experience, most cheaters hang around together and know each other. People just do not do it independently, so my advice for everyone would be wait for the merge and lets see. In 1 week after the merge any vet will identify the cheaters and which guild(s) harbors them...
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Well, no one can deny the vid of the ranger jumping 10 meters at a time...that's not latency that's a blatant cheat. Latency problems are more like small teleports where movement is not static and also where the player might be rubber banding.

Any decent player can tell the difference, so stating the obvious for those that know only makes others think your taking their side.

In my experience, most cheaters hang around together and know each other. People just do not do it independently, so my advice for everyone would be wait for the merge and lets see. In 1 week after the merge any vet will identify the cheaters and which guild(s) harbors them...
    The fact he continues to defend them, just baffles me. Why cant he just admit that hacking is happening, its obvious, players aren't hiding it, and move on. He needs to stop insulting, calling names, and thinking he is above the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I would say first
    the other day i was accused by pvp 10 barb that i use dmg hack and my btd dot crits, and he has highh lvl hox and he knows dot dont crit
    Yeah, though both tend to mix up together.
    For some odd reason even when you try to explain players don't believe you. The most epic tell i got was from a PvP 9 barb while hunting in CE on my sin. He linked me the petition he was sending to GM: "Vahlie from Loups Solitaires is cheating, he has charge much to often like 30 seconds CD instead of normal 60sec, he has also stun without castbarre and weird movement we all so it".
    It was almost word for word like that. So blatantly clueless it was embarassing.

@Suctum: http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...highlight=back
    And believe me, this can happen to anyone
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    The fact he continues to defend them, just baffles me. Why cant he just admit that hacking is happening, its obvious, players aren't hiding it, and move on. He needs to stop insulting, calling names, and thinking he is above the obvious.
    Why can't you understand a simple concept ? The diffrence between some and many.

Some yes... of course.
    Many no... far from that.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Yeah, though both tend to mix up together.
    For some odd reason even when you try to explain players don't believe you. The most epic tell i got was from a PvP 9 barb while hunting in CE on my sin. He linked me the petition he was sending to GM: "Vahlie from Loups Solitaires is cheating, he has charge much to often like 30 seconds CD instead of normal 60sec, he has also stun without castbarre and weird movement we all so it".
    It was almost word for word like that. So blatantly clueless it was embarassing.

@Suctum: http://forums-eu.ageofconan.com/show...highlight=back
    And believe me, this can happen to anyone
    That's a players opinion posted in a forum for other players. There is no way any of us can be sure if he cheated or not, but the few times I have been banned (for comments in global/forums) I always deserved it even if my intention was the right thing. In fact, each time I questioned the ban I was presented with the information and proof that I had breeched the player agreement.

I'm sure if he got banned, he was doing something he was not supposed to do. The fact he claims he does not use arcane marauder already sounds funny. Don't believe everything you read.
    Doomsayer 2008

Nobody is defending cheaters, i even reported one that was constantly teleporting in minis (not just one) with video as proof.
    And vehl is for sure not a cheater.
    We are not saying there are not hacking going on but its not doom and gloom like bruce wants to look. In fact it is happening rare but still enough for funcom to wake up and do something about it. But still it wont destroy your gameplay or make you quit game or something like it. In fact if you are good player and not somone crying cheats at all better players it might pass a lot of times before you encounter somthing like it.
    The other day i cought one ranger using speed hack and its been months since i run on someone doing it.

But sure if it is easier for some people to prepare themselves of being killed in minis all the time its easier to preemptive cry cheats....

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    That's a players opinion posted in a forum for other players. There is no way any of us can be sure if he cheated or not, but the few times I have been banned (for comments in global/forums) I always deserved it even if my intention was the right thing. In fact, each time I questioned the ban I was presented with the information and proof that I had breeched the player agreement.

I'm sure if he got banned, he was doing something he was not supposed to do. The fact he claims he does not use arcane marauder already sounds funny. Don't believe everything you read.
    No, the GMs are just clueless and can very well ban the most innocent player ever. GMs ignore some petitions and take others into account, it's hard to say why but it's clearly very random and while some innocent players got banned in no time, obvious and well known hackers sometimes took weeks to get even just a 24h ban.

You want to know something really funny? Vehl got banned by a group of French players who are absolutely terrible in pvp (there's a vid telling the whole story if you're interested) and guess WHAT : Vehl is a keyboard turner. That's right, he is a great player but he still does not move that fast or anything. And just so you know, we did manage to get him unbanned by contacting the GMs and they more or less apologized because they admitted having no proof at all. This kind of story happens a lot with the countless cheat accusations (but since there's very few actual hackers most of those bans are not deserved at all and when you question the GMs : oh sorry no proof, just words from a random player or group of players)

Btw legit rangers can still jump pretty far (we call it "jump bug" on Fury, something to do with latency and mostly just a visual effect, I posted the vids before)
    Last edited by kalston; 29th July 2013 at 17:28.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I'm not defending cheaters. I'm simply pissed by players who jump to conclusions like that. There's something i don't understand... HACK !!! While most of the time it's just a poor knowledge of classe mechanics or of the server and latency related issues. Fury is not filled with hackers, far from that.
    This. Yesterday, after one mini (which was lost 3:0 by our team btw.) some guy was acusing our flag carrier that he was cheating: "because we couldn't get him". Yes, sure, thats why we lost 3:0, he was cheating so hard that he forget to win.

Similiar situation today: pvp10 ranger before mini even starts: "focus that barb he's cheating". Barb, well, like barb was faster than lightening, but than again he wasn't really doing anything out of usual. Than it get to me that our ranger was just simply BAD, before mini ended (we lost it) he was arguing that all of them actually cheat xD

So go figure.

I believed the same thing, Suctum, until the same thing happened to me. Now i can't be a 100% sure about Wheya though i've met him in minis a few times* but i can be sure of what was happening on my end.

Two ways of seeing it:
    - GMs have sufficient evidence and knowledge to process it to avoid being wrong. Then i believe i've been hacking without knowing it... i should start cycling !
    - GMs don't have sufficient tools to collect evidence and/or knowledge to analyse it without being wrong.

You can't say that when you got banned for doing god knows what on global or forums it was deserved so every ban is deserved. The main diffrence between a ban like you experrienced and a ban for "cheat". Is the way you collect data. In your case, it's just words, it's not that complicated to collecte and process.
    In case of hacking its a diffrent story, what tools do you use to collect information ? If the only tool you have is looking at players (and it's the only thing they seem to have) it's pretty damn limited and you need to make sure those who take the decisions have enough knowledge.

In my case, ban happend during a 3 vs 3 fight in CE while playing my sin. Actually it started vs 4, but a french guy died once, called me a hacker, warned me he petitionned "again" and left the zone. To describe this player who has many toons i think the most talking example would be on his PvP 10 ranger during the insane stam and mana drain traps era. If you remember you were OOM and OOS and you couldn't do anything about it, so when fighting a ranger you could only use white hits. Well he was one of those rangers you could still kill with a BS. That day he was on his sin aswell, PvP 6 like me, i attacked him and only thing he did was press backwards.

In five years of playing on and off and enjoying PvP i've had my share of cheat accusations, never cared much, always thought i risked nothing since i wasn't cheating. My views on that matter have evolved. This paranoia around cheats annoys me because it contaminates everyone who then starts jumping to conclusions after two CC resisted or dodged by a player because. They heard it on global, must be true then !

"There's no smoke without fire" is an hasardous idiom to go against so i'm sure, alike Wheya, i'm not going to convince that many people. But despite everything i'm of an optimistic nature, i'll keep trying. In PvP keeping cheerful is important, thinking everyone is cheating is an obstacle.

Meh, sorry for the wall of text. Always get carried away when i try to explain something well. And now ... peeps have answered for me

*: Why is a barb not playing with AM a problem ? Some don't feel the need to play with the most efficient spec available and have fun diffrently. Like the tribrid sins or barbs playing with brutality or ranger with S&S fear combo instead of linebreaker.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    i dont see anyone here who said there is no hacking at all. Do you? But saying majority is cheating is just... mahh i dont even know a word for such a big pile of stupidity.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast