Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Polearm Guardian

Default Polearm Guardian

So I have been playing around on the classes(I have gone through all of them) and I am interested in the Polearm Guardian.Besides having high hp and defense I get a cool looking polearm!Just wanted to know if this is viable before I get into it?

Not asking for a build but just if it would be useful in PvE and maybe PvP later on?

Default polearm

I also like the look with polearm and it combos. I mostly tank with it and think at pvp polearm is only option for guardian.

For PvE I'd encourage you experiment with both pole and s&s - not difficult to master both, and the variety makes this class far more interesting to play. In a nutshell, s&s has better aggro and higher mitigations/protection, while pole does a lot more damage. So which you use will depend on the encounter and players you're with - if you can hold aggro with pole and survive you might as well use it and also do more DPS.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Well so far I like what I see.I can hold my own against a mob of monsters 2-3 levels higher than me so long as I keep guard up and don't panic. I read that they have to juggle between frenzy and defens stances but I haven't had to...prolly will though in PvP.

Any tips would be welcome

Quote Originally Posted by igneius View Post
    Well so far I like what I see.I can hold my own against a mob of monsters 2-3 levels higher than me so long as I keep guard up and don't panic. I read that they have to juggle between frenzy and defens stances but I haven't had to...prolly will though in PvP.

Any tips would be welcome
    Frenzy for Storm Strike + Reckoning, and after cc'ing. Make sure to save Reckoning for Storm Strike when you're fighting more than 1. Can be in neutral/defensive for other combos if can't handle the incoming damage.
    Malaise-DT, Tabixis-Guard, Cocobel-Sin, Elari-ToS (pvp 4), Orsela-PoM, Aarva-BS (pvp 7)

Default frenzy

If you feat improvements for frenzy you can spent all time at frenzy a reckoning is best after storm strike for aoe and works mostly at frenzy where is damage from it really nice.

Thumbs down

For pvp just feat stall the advance from AA tree and stand there like a tos
    Nojoda pvp 10 Barb
    Pooba pvp 10 Pom
    Elosso pvp 10 BS
    Kotech pvp 10 DT
    Deeky pvp 8 Necro
    Beefstikk pvp 10 Guard
    Beefchief pvp 10 Conq
    Denoid pvp 8 Ranger
    Mousecop pvp 9 Hox

Stancedancing is an old and noble art. If you can master it, you can beat a monster 6 levels higher than you (it's not a particularly lucrative project but it's doable). Also most others here don't seem to have noticed you're leveling here, so use Reckoning after highest rank of Flashing Arc.

Default reckoning

I think reckoning is better after storm strike,counterweight or disable then flashing arc. Even after disable do better damage. But stance dance is quite hard for me at pvp I am to scared to go frenzy often with all that t4 mages and rogues around.

Quote Originally Posted by DivochLubo View Post
    I think reckoning is better after storm strike,counterweight or disable then flashing arc. Even after disable do better damage. But stance dance is quite hard for me at pvp I am to scared to go frenzy often with all that t4 mages and rogues around.
    I believe his point was that if the guy is leveling, he doesn't have access to SS yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast