Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Female Body Armour

Quote Originally Posted by Vaere View Post
    Even in AoC.
    Given that Hyboria is also the setting for Red Sonja, the archetypal bikini-clad swordmaiden, are you surprised?
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    Given that Hyboria is also the setting for Red Sonja, the archetypal bikini-clad swordmaiden, are you surprised?
    However Red Sonja was not a Robert E. Howard creation.

Most of the women in his stores were topless. *sigh*

Agree to the general premise for sure and in this game to an extent, but for the most part, especially considering the source material AoC is not too bad in this department (compared to say, Tera, where the plate armor is a g-string with shoulder pads). Ignoring tortage outfit, I've leveled to 80 a few times in plain looking (for demo, was actually prudish) gear, and though I have seen some skimpier outfits, many of the upper level armors I've seen are high-coverage.
    Also, guys in this game can be in kilts and have some bareness going on so its a bit more even than some games.

That said it is always a valid concern for designers to keep in mind, as not to build in too much sexism (that is not the right way to "hear the lamentation of the women" ).

I disagree, Armor in aoc covers the same on male and female characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    However Red Sonja was not a Robert E. Howard creation.

Most of the women in his stores were topless. *sigh*
    We have our fair share of topless men as well, is that not equality?

If you have issues with the armor in AoC you have to be a feminist, almost all of the armor make perfect sense and you have to be delutional to complain about it.
    I am Stian ingame...

Female armor always looks better in most games.
    Doomsayer 2008

As long as the nipples are protected the woman is invincible, right?

Right??

http://www.the-kindred.org/Images/sc...n/tosarmor.jpg

Course the male version of that has even less protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Civilix View Post
    We have our fair share of topless men as well, is that not equality?

If you have issues with the armor in AoC you have to be a feminist, almost all of the armor make perfect sense and you have to be delutional to complain about it.
    Are you talking about in game? Oh yes I agree there are plenty of male characters running around shirtless. And in all honesty, I have seen games that have FAR less coverage then AoC does for female characters (TERA). I was only stating that in the original source material most of the women wore even less then in that video. :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast