Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Push to 80

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    PV on tyranny primarily happens at the 19 and 59 brackets. More so than at 80 IMO. EST in the US from 7-?pm are the times to pvp. Its also open world, so you can just hunt people and kill.
    so many guards tho

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Couldn't read that wall of text, but i guess it's about some "Noooooes, i missed those 40 free AA points for my fresh level 80" rant.

Dear new player, let me enlighten you : 40 AA points is nothing.
    Those 40 points will not change your gaming experience. At all.
    What you can or cannot do is not defined by your AA. At all.

AA is something your character gathers on the long term, it is not an end in itself.
    You are not supposed nor expected to play staring 24/7 at your AA bar while it fills up.
    This, would be a miserable gaming experience, spare yourself, avoid it.

All in all, just relax. The point of gaming is to have fun, and it does not seem to be the case here.
    if ur little pve, grinding self cant read--dont write

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    Ok, not unique by definition. But the minority by definnition. Repeating same content over and over is not what the MAJORITY wants. How do I know this? Look at the population at each expansion and look at it now. People get bored and dont want to do the same thing over and over. Opening up dungeons that we already have been through 20 times for an AA, is not what the majority wants. Hell, we just got 80 AAs and the population has not spiked. This game needs players, who pay, so funcom can pay devs, to give them content. New content.
    You don't know this, because you don't have any data about population shifts and what the majority wants.

Here is what data looks like. People who can't handle repeating content are not long-term MMORPG players, and thus do not pay Funcom's bills. The people who pay an MMORPG developer's bills are "casuals" who have adapted to the grind. Casuals and new players are the actual numerical "majority" of players, and they are motivated far more by immersion than by mastering new content.

Yes, new content is great. But people do not leave because of lack of new content; they leave because they are the minority of players who are purely achievement-oriented. There is a simple solution for those players: rotate games every six months, and stop dragging down the boards of every game on which you burn-out. Your motivation is not "trying to make the game better," it's trying to blame your guilt about quitting on the devs.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Prima View Post
    You don't know this, because you don't have any data about population shifts and what the majority wants.

Here is what data looks like. People who can't handle repeating content are not long-term MMORPG players, and thus do not pay Funcom's bills. The people who pay an MMORPG developer's bills are "casuals" who have adapted to the grind. Casuals and new players are the actual numerical "majority" of players, and they are motivated far more by immersion than by mastering new content.

Yes, new content is great. But people do not leave because of lack of new content; they leave because they are the minority of players who are purely achievement-oriented. There is a simple solution for those players: rotate games every six months, and stop dragging down the boards of every game on which you burn-out. Your motivation is not "trying to make the game better," it's trying to blame your guilt about quitting on the devs.
    I do know this. Because I have played the game, and I can see the following:

A) the amount of guilds and renown as calculated by funcom. Right now on tyranny, guilds of 2 players are making the top 10.
    B) The amount of requests for different types of dungeons in global as well as in guilds.
    C) the amount of people in player searches

using this data, I can tell that it is a very limited amount of people playing today as compared to the last expansion. People get bored and move on, thats actually a fact of life, and any arguement you pose against that is nothing more than you arguing.

Quiting on the devs? really? I have waited 5 years for pvp content. What have I gotten? Bori and sag. Spending $100 per year for sub, thats $500 I have spent waiting for something. I am not sure which shows more patience, the money or time commitment. But both do show patience and commitment. Besides, where is a dev telling us we will finally get something? I saw a GM letter a few months back, and the last I heard, they were on Summer vacation? What are they, a bunch of middleschoolers? Who the **** takes summer off of work other than teachers and students?

actualy most of people i had as friends in this game all left due to the grind and total neglect of pvp side of game.

-there are no open world pvp systems.
    -there are no arenas and scoreboards.
    -sieges are hardly being used and farming rocks is still more rewarding then sieging.
    -exploiters are still not being handled accordingly.

problem isnt pve that part is fine missing a bit more regular content its slow to deliver.

problem is massive neglect of pvp; and that in my experience is what drives most veteran and new players away from game.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

That's all called "anecdotal evidence." It's not statistically significant data.

If you've subscribed for five years without new PVP content, why on earth would Funcom start now? YOU are evidence that Funcom execs use against the devs to say the game doesn't need more new content/features/premium incentives.

No MMORPG has ever promised new content every time you log in. If you want that, like I said, simply switch games every six months. Come back when AoC feels fresh again.

(To be clear, my last few comments have been in reaction to the statements "I find doing anything more than twice a waste of time" and "Repeating same content over and over is not what the MAJORITY wants." What that poster wants is not an MMORPG.)
    Last edited by Prima; 24th July 2013 at 18:18.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

That's all called "anecdotal evidence." It's not statistically significant data.

If you've subscribed for five years without new PVP content, why on earth would Funcom start now? YOU are evidence that Funcom execs use against the devs to say the game doesn't need more new content/features/premium incentives.

No MMORPG has ever promised new content every time you log in. If you want that, like I said, simply switch games every six months. Come back when AoC feels fresh again.

(To be clear, my last few comments have been in reaction to the statements "I find doing anything more than twice a waste of time" and "Repeating same content over and over is not what the MAJORITY wants." What that poster wants is not an MMORPG.)
    the empty pvp servers are evidence enough aoc needs pvp content, any claims stating oposite are very blindsighted.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Doesnt matter how you label it. They are lossing customers every day, whether you see it or not. Hell, I am getitng bored and still trying to kick funcom in their arse to try and get someting. But how mucjh longer until I stop caring?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345