Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Push to 80

Quote Originally Posted by twofeathers View Post
    Who would cover the costs of server maintenance and operation then?

I don't think you know how f2p works, unfortunately, I don't have the time to explain it. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleroy View Post
    I don't think you know how f2p works, unfortunately, I don't have the time to explain it. Look it up.
    I don't think you understand what sarcasm is. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to explain it. Look it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daynan View Post
    They need to encourage players to play their characters rather than use offlines. This would create more activity at lower levels.

Maybe they should put some useful items (useful even at level 80) in places like black castle, tord tomb, halls of eternal frost that are only attainable if the quest is achieved at the appropriate levels.

How about a new level of AA's that can only be ticked off by doing lower level quests in a group that has only people within the appropriate level range. Any character that is already past this level range has to spend Mastery/Expertise to get them but future characters can get them easier (as loot drops/quest rewards) while leveling up in places like Black Castle and Halls of Eternal Frost.
    It would be like Khitai pants. People can buy them with rares but most go to Yag, and Yag is very popular.
    Last edited by Daynan; 20th July 2013 at 08:58.

/Petition to close thread and return it to whatever guild forum it came from...

AoC is the easiest MMO to level in, 100% and 20% exp pots, 10% pve exp item buff (2 of these), 1% pve exp item buff, offline levels, power leveling, soloable content/instances that scale with level, repeatable quests, grasslands offers huge increases to exp from 78-80, the list goes on...

Hardly anything to cry about. I made a conq, leveled from 1-20 in 6 hours, then from 20-33 in about the same time and offlined with 47 levels. No other game can you go 1-80 in less than 2 days.
    Doomsayer 2008

So you went from 33 to 80 in seconds and all the players new to the game and standing in empty zones are wondering where all the players are.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    /Petition to close thread and return it to whatever guild forum it came from...

AoC is the easiest MMO to level in, 100% and 20% exp pots, 10% pve exp item buff (2 of these), 1% pve exp item buff, offline levels, power leveling, soloable content/instances that scale with level, repeatable quests, grasslands offers huge increases to exp from 78-80, the list goes on...

Hardly anything to cry about. I made a conq, leveled from 1-20 in 6 hours, then from 20-33 in about the same time and offlined with 47 levels. No other game can you go 1-80 in less than 2 days.
    Your petition should be denied on the simple fact that you don't understand that the essence of the post is about people not grouping for the joy of grouping and/or learning how to play as a team. It has nothing to do with how easy/hard anyone thinks leveling in the game is.

Seriously, Suctum. I know you PvP. You know how nobody seems to be organized. How nobody seems to get how to work as a team. Instead, they all run around trying to be the lone ranger...heck...even the lone ranger is a bad example, even HE had a sidekick. Why do you think that is? It's because nobody groups to begin with. They don't have the team player mentality. They run off away from the healers and complain that they aren't getting healed..because they never grouped with healers to get an idea of the range heals reach and don't reach, so they have no clue to stay closer.

Learning to play in groups would improve so many aspects of the game that it's not even funny. Forcing players to group will be met with resentment. Making changes that make it seem worthwhile to play in groups though, now that could be magical.

(skimmed over some middle post apologies if making redundant points)

1 - I do agree with sub-80 grouping issues and if there is an important issue in this thread, that is definitely it (has big impact on fun and playability esp. for new players). Some of this would be to come up with better content/reward scaling, and some would just be for players to stop acting likes it's Skyrim. MANY times I have invited players in the same zone doing the same stuff as me and they decline the invite for no apparent reason, even when I am several levels higher than them and would in no way need to be "carried." This also makes any quests/areas with elites off limits, although "group" quests with non elite mobs can usually be managed.

Aside from scaling issues I see no way around this other than promoting a community that actually groups together...

2 - Leveling isn't too bad early on, though the 65-80 area can get slow and there is not enough quest material meaning you need to grind some, which is a bit of a chore if PLAYING it through especially on repeat trips.
    That said, AoC needs money/subs so as long as it doesn't become so boring people leave, I feel like some grind incentive near 80 to finally pony up cash is not completely unmerited (maybe not necessary, but that's a design discussion).

And while anyone bypassing half their leveling with offlines then claiming it is fast is... illogical at best, if you are subbed(yay) then even just a few well-used offlines will significantly reduce the grind there by either keeping you in line with quests and/or skipping the the slowest levels.

3- I feel like the AA bonus is a non issue after the 1st round of +40 ended going to all toons regardless of their status of 80 or not. After that, there was enough notice to get leveled if close to 80, and if not close, you get +79 just from leveling up anyway (even if a free 50). I believe the free bonus AAs were in part to reward older toons that did not get AAs as they leveled. I suppose a few people who were not quite 80 in May but never could get the time to play since either, missed out on ~40AAs, but otherwise, you are all good.

You seem to be a real genius in AOC with your responses...

I don't think you understand what sarcasm is. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to explain it. Look it up.
    Your petition should be denied on the simple fact that you don't understand that the essence of the post is about people not grouping for the joy of grouping and/or learning how to play as a team
    At least here you admit to being an ass...

You're right, I was being antagonistic, and I apologize.
    You need to take a break man, you are getting too emo...

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    Mate, the time you spent writing this wall Im not going to read you will be reach lvl 80 :P
    Looking at your response it only proves OP is right.Go back to your cave.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Couldn't read that wall of text, but i guess it's about some "Noooooes, i missed those 40 free AA points for my fresh level 80" rant.

Dear new player, let me enlighten you : 40 AA points is nothing.
    Those 40 points will not change your gaming experience. At all.
    What you can or cannot do is not defined by your AA. At all.

AA is something your character gathers on the long term, it is not an end in itself.
    You are not supposed nor expected to play staring 24/7 at your AA bar while it fills up.
    This, would be a miserable gaming experience, spare yourself, avoid it.

All in all, just relax. The point of gaming is to have fun, and it does not seem to be the case here.
    Maybe if you actually bothered to read the whole OP, you would maybe realise, AA was only one of couple of problems the OP mentioned.
    Your ignorance and snobbism in this case is also one of the things that bothered the OP.
    It's funny, you come in here, acting all ignorant and superior and then give advice on the topic you didn't even manage to grasp.
    Amusing....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast