Thread: Simple game saving suggestions

Default Simple game saving suggestions

I can't take the credit for this, but it seems worth posting in its own thread as to maybe get some attention from a dev...even if they don't post, maybe they read it.

Please try to stay on topic and keep the flaming down. We all are upset at the lack of, well, anything from FC since Joel took over. That doesn't mean they aren't doing anything, they are just not communicating anything.

Some simple tweaks that could really breathe some life into the game...at least for those of us still here.

1. Small group instances - Using existing 6 man group zones, have them scale based on smaller groups. Perhaps, when you zone into one of the existing 6mans, it lets you select from the following: Solo, normal (2-4 man) and Hard (6 man). Rewards would also scale based on the size of the group...much like it does now.It would seem that not many resources would have to put towards this as the zones are already done, and the scaling feature already exists...it just needs to be tweaked.

2. Arena's - A simple PVP fix (not the answer, but better than nothing). Much like there is queuing for mini games, create arenas that offer solo and team matches (2v2, 3v3) using the existing queuing system. Heck, even use the existing mini maps if you don;t want to create a public arena to view these matches (although the public arena would really be the answer)

3. Scale or retire old raids. With some of the T1 and T2 raids almost rarely done anymore, scale the difficulty or size of the raid in half so that they still can be done by a smaller population. I know guilds want to do them, maybe with noobs or a new toon, but filling full raid parties for these older raids is a challenge. Again, not adding anything new, but tweaking existing content.

All of these mentioned suggestions would use very little resources by FC and would give instant new (or reborn) content back into the game for the loyal veterans and new players itching to find things to do.

Any other suggestions, post here. Let's try to think of things that wont require hours of dev time in development, but rather using existing mechanics.

Keep it clean or I can see this getting locked down as it stirs a lot of emotions.
    Last edited by Kellaxe; 18th July 2013 at 16:55.

I know a lot of players who left because of gold limitation for F2P. There are already enough restrictions in the game but this hurts the most. Coming from a B2P model like The Secret World, AOC feels very restrictive. I don't mind spending money for fluff items but putting limits on gold is just very stupid.

And to make matters worse they don't even mention on the matrix that F2P players can not have more than 20 gold. Very dishonest and misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellaxe View Post
    1. Small group instances - Using existing 6 man group zones, have them scale based on smaller groups. Perhaps, when you zone into one of the existing 6mans, it lets you select from the following: Solo, normal (2-4 man) and Hard (6 man). Rewards would also scale based on the size of the group...much like it does now.It would seem that not many resources would have to put towards this as the zones are already done, and the scaling feature already exists...it just needs to be tweaked.
    i would prefer hardcore modes with everything doing double if not even triple damage with lost of rares and crit rating 4hour pots dropping

2. Arena's - A simple PVP fix (not the answer, but better than nothing). Much like there is queuing for mini games, create arenas that offer solo and team matches (2v2, 3v3) using the existing queuing system. Heck, even use the existing mini maps if you don;t want to create a public arena to view these matches (although the public arena would really be the answer)
    i realy hope they start with this instead of more minigames all arenas already exist ingame.

3. Scale or retire old raids. With some of the T1 and T2 raids almost rarely done anymore, scale the difficulty or size of the raid in half so that they still can be done by a smaller population. I know guilds want to do them, maybe with noobs or a new toon, but filling full raid parties for these older raids is a challenge. Again, not adding anything new, but tweaking existing content.
    im a bit puzzled by this t1&t2 raids are extremely popular content on crom server and they happen daily multiple times as well as t3 pugs and even t3 craft pugs.
    all t1+t2 raids are doable with 12 players
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Yea I don't know why #3 keeps getting brought up. On Set there are almost daily T1 and T2 pug raids. There are enough of them to allow me to pug both of them entirely every week on 2 characters and those are alts.

t3 craft pug?? ayeeee.. that must be messy.
    Rogue Angels Guild Leader and Progression Raid Leader
    http://rogueangels.guildlaunch.com

Tmanku 80 Guard | Tmanil 80 ToS | Tmanosu 80 DT | Tmanbank 80 BS | Tmanfu 80 Demo | Tmanwu 80 Ranger | Tmanpope 80 PoM | Tmanpointy 80 Sin | Tmanbarb 80 Barb | Tmanfire 80 HoX | Tmannecro 80 Necro | Tmanblade 80 Conq | Tmanlite 80 Guard | Tmantosjr 80 Tos | Tmandemojr 80 Demo | Tmanthethird Saga Guard

OK...Scratch #3...It just seems when I see spams in Global for T1 PUGS, they seem to go on forever before they stop which I assume to be they filled the raid, or they gave up.

Just thinking of ways using existing zones and mechanics FC could give us content for smaller groups.

I do think it might be fun to have Unchained versions of the Tier1 raids that are triggered by no more than 12 people being in the instance.
    Current HoX: Sandspice (Set) | Heralds of Xotli: LEVELING GUIDE | AA Guide | Faction Guide | Pekka's Gear List | Tafale's Raid Guide
    Always up for grouping with other HoXes: grinding, quest assistance, new HoXes, etc.

Default LFG LFG LFG the reason Conan limps

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    Welp I cant do it

Thanks for the fun in global chat, but I cant log onto an MMO and never have anyone to play with.

It was fun ! I'll check back after the merges, for now back to TERA.

As I have said 1000 times before REASON NUMBER ONE new players quit this game is no LFG sytem.

I dont know why Funcom is so fear-ful of adding a full featured LFG system to Conan to allow this game to keep subs instead of bleed them... The game will GROW huge because THE GAME IS FUN!
    Conan is SUPER FUN TO PLAY but without a LFG system in game to form up groups with, like the masterwork LFG system shown in this linked pic & post below. The Conan game is never growing, only exhausts players without an LFG system. Dosnt matter how many new players come via steam or ads they all seem to quit do to new player retention issues stemming from lack of LFG in game.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...LFG_system.jpg

http://forums-us.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=232902

FUNCOM stop being fearful of players completeing the game to quick with an ingame LFG system because your game is FUN and players will enjoy the game more and stay MUCH longer if they could form groups easier instead of with a nightmarish chat channel.

How many times do you need players telling you the same thing.
    How many years of server merges do you need to see LFG is what will save the game NOT SERVER MERGES.

please listen to a 15 year veteran of MMO's who knows his stuff when it comes to guilds, leadership, and how good a game Conan really is if only we could form groups in a quick fun way instead of the life draining nightmare that grouping currently is while dealing with global tiny-chat-insanity that would make any sane person quit sooner then later.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskwood0585 View Post
    yea, ive just been rocketing ahead on my hox who is 40, but its honestly starting to get very boring playing alone I can see why so many people dont stick with the game.

That said I am still going to try to stick it out. I really hope those server merges happen soon.
    Im not sure how much longer you need to see my posts telling you that this games limping history is proof that - its better to have LFG and let players join up quicker and make it to 80 then to allow them to quit before EVER reaching 80 in new player despair. The game IS A FUN PARTY TIME when groups flow and would have gained subs instead of slowly wither away because of lack of LFG. THE GAME IS FUN! Have confidence in your game this game has tremendous re-play value - just not without an easy way to LFG, because no one is going to bother unless its easier to form up. You already see that in my linked post and in the 1000's of other lost new players who quit because of grouping issues posts scattered around & lost to time.

LFG is key to fun party life, global chat is key to a slow lingering vomit inducing death akin to ancient smoke signals used by indians in an age when everyone is used to instant access smart phones to get things done. NO ONE IS GOING TO make a successful MMO EVER AGAIN without a full featured LFG system IN-GAME ever again.
    One new title is even going as far as adding a start up servey for players to take so they can be sorted together by personality & taste to even further aid in grouping up longer term & better guild formation all in game to try to prevent what is currently happening to this once upon a time million+ box seller & still great game - Age of Conan.

signed,
    NinjaClaw 15 year veteran of MMO's & 5 year conan vet.

p.s.
    Old LFG MEGA POST with pics thatll be deleted on soon do to forum merges. Read it if you are a new player who wonders why in this day and age Funcom makes Global chat the only way to form groups in Conan & let such a great game limp along because of this glaring oversight & drop a reply here if you agree or something to add. Ill check in from time to time to discuss further if youd like aswell. =)
    Funcom just needs help to see how fun their Conan game really is to make LFG happen instead of fearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaClaw View Post
    As I have said 1000 times before REASON NUMBER ONE new players quit this game is no LFG sytem.

I dont know why Funcom is so fear-ful of adding a full featured LFG system to Conan to allow this game to keep subs instead of bleed them... The game will GROW huge because THE GAME IS FUN!
    Conan is SUPER FUN TO PLAY but without a LFG system in game to form up groups with, like the masterwork LFG system shown in this linked pic & post below. The Conan game is never growing, only exhausts players without an LFG system. Dosnt matter how many new players come via steam or ads they all seem to quit do to new player retention issues stemming from lack of LFG in game.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r...LFG_system.jpg

FUNCOM stop being fearful of players completeing the game to quick with an ingame LFG system because your game is FUN and players will enjoy the game more and stay MUCH longer if they could form groups easier instead of with a nightmarish chat channel.

How many times do you need players telling you the same thing.
    How many years of server merges do you need to see LFG is what will save the game NOT SERVER MERGES.

please listen to a 15 year veteran of MMO's who knows his stuff when it comes to guilds, leadership, and how good a game Conan really is if only we could form groups in a quick fun way instead of the life draining nightmare that grouping currently is while dealing with global tiny-chat-insanity that would make any sane person quit sooner then later.

Im not sure how much longer you need to see my posts telling you that this games limping history is proof that - its better to have LFG and let players join up quicker and make it to 80 then to allow them to quit before EVER reaching 80 in new player despair. The game IS A FUN PARTY TIME when groups flow and would have gained subs instead of slowly wither away because of lack of LFG. THE GAME IS FUN! Have confidence in your game this game has tremendous re-play value - just not without an easy way to LFG, because no one is going to bother unless its easier to form up. You already see that in my linked post and in the 1000's of other lost new players who quit because of grouping issues posts scattered around & lost to time.

LFG is key to fun party life, global chat is key to a slow lingering vomit inducing death akin to ancient smoke signals used by indians in an age when everyone is used to instant access smart phones to get things done. NO ONE IS GOING TO make a successful MMO EVER AGAIN without a full featured LFG system IN-GAME ever again.
    One new title is even going as far as adding a start up servey for players to take so they can be sorted together by personality & taste to even further aid in grouping up longer term & better guild formation all in game to try to prevent what is currently happening to this once upon a time million+ box seller & still great game - Age of Conan.

signed,
    NinjaClaw 15 year veteran of MMO's & 5 year conan vet.

p.s.
    Old LFG MEGA POST with pics thatll be deleted on soon do to forum merges. Read it if you are a new player who wonders why in this day and age Funcom makes Global chat the only way to form groups in Conan & let such a great game limp along because of this glaring oversight & drop a reply here if you agree or something to add. Ill check in from time to time to discuss further if youd like aswell. =)
    Funcom just needs help to see how fun their Conan game really is to make LFG happen instead of fearing it.
    I fully agree with this!
    LFG system has always been dividing the community.People who voted YES, had said that it would streamline the grouping and speed things up, since looking for a group using Global chat ( and let's be honest, it feels like dog kennels most of the time ) can take forever.Very often your LFG message very quickly dissapears in the massive spam and let's be real here.Casual or semi casual people who can sacrifice 2-3 hours each day due to rl commitments, won't spend that time begging for a group on a global channel.It's time wasted.They would much more prefer to log in, and jump into a forming group using a LFG system.
    Now that's fun!
    Other group of people is saying that LFG's killing the social aspect, that people join in, do whatever they have to do and move on.No one is talking to anyone, there's no bondage and crap like that.
    I find that hard to believe because how is looking for a group on global a more social activity? You paste your typical LFG message, you get tells like : " Hi, Demo, send invite ".
    Then people are gathering in the dungeon and do the same thing.
    If there's any social aspect to be had in grouping, it'll happen WHILE doing the dungeon itself! If you need an hour or two to complete a dungeon, you'll have plenty of time for any comments, rants, jokes and whatnot.Pasting the message on global isn't gonna make you friends. If anything, it may still bring trolls, criticising your font or some random typo or anything else.

With that said, I'm all for a good, solid LFG system!

What I'd also like to see is a revitalised old world content, that would withstand the constant and monotoneous spam of K6 activities.
    Now, veterans may say that " it's only that much you can do the old content ".If it's true then how would you call grinding K6 until your eyes bleed? But assuming that I understand their point, it's ok, they don't wanna do the old content.
    It's a matter of new players' perception of the world content though.Veterans won't improve the low population numbers.We need an influx of new players.New players who decide to log into AoC for some MMO fun.
    How can they have any fun while running in empty areas? There're single player games for that.Not being able to do any group content in the early stages of the game can bore new players to death.And bored they are!
    I'm an altocholic so I know the state of the old world content.I see those empty areas and every once in a while I stumble across a new and lone soul that needs help.
    I usually help them, then add them to my friends' list. I keep watching the list and in 90% of cases, I have to remove them after couple of days because they stop logging in.
    So the veterans may say what they want, but if Funcom'll keep focusing on new 80+ content only, then it'll only end up in closing of the servers at some stage and that's what will happen if the new players won't continue playing. The veterans can run K6's only that long and the final batch of those * sarcasm/on * 100 players on all servers *sarcasm/off* will leave as well.

I agree that we should have small group instances. With 2-4 people. Sometimes I just wanna play casually with friends, and we either have to get enough people for a 6-man, or we have to go do solo dungeons. There should be something in between.