Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: @ devs, ranger tweaking

Default @ devs, ranger tweaking

How to make Ranger a balanced interesting class to play?
    Ok, well its been sometime from the moment of revamp and + i actually got full aa's on my ranger. so i have tested everything and everywhere pvp/pve

on the revamp-machanic: the buff application mechanic is realy good,ranger is more mobile (as ranged class should be)

but here are the essential changes that should be made to ranger so it would turn ranger into a skill based class, not 4 button noobfriendly class.

first of all about class aa's(gold perks)
    1)the AOE perk,maybe raise the dmg by around 25-30% so it would actually be usefull.

2)taking the shot,either should have a cast to it like 1 sec or so...or just change it with something not so noobfriendly,like another rank of armour ripper with some additional debuffs.

the rest can stay as it is.

so, moving on to basic skills

1)all cc traps should be removed,so only fire dot trap left,with cd on it reduced to 25 second, will leave u with skill Mastertrapper still apropriate.

2)Linebreaker and incidentary shot stay as they r as 1 + (perk stun) ranged cc.

3) instead of those cc traps, and except the 2 ranged cc's mentioned above. ranger should apply his root and melee knock with melee combos,and they should be made combos not the buff mechanic here its essential, so it will be just like any other melee players cc but with different name!!!with that the trees must be redone a bit so ranger with any build could afford either of combinations e/g fear,root, stun or fear,root,kb or fear stun kb and so on, 4 cc to choose from but can have only 3 or less depending on build.

4) line of sight should be made that ranger cant hit taraget wich runs behind him with a preloaded combo.I know the cast time is pretty long on most combos but just finish reading the thread)))

5)white hits should be availabale on the move but advantages redone in a way so ranger cant apply them with white hit.

6)naked finisher ranged combos should have their dmg reduced by 40-50%,buffed combos stay as they r now.

so, done with pvp aspect

pve:

well pve there is only one thing,since ranger is different to other rogues like bs is different to other healers, the general tree of rangers should be redone, the group - hate buff should be in the second row instead of reduction of search ability.just swap them,no one uses it anyway)
    the rest looks fine to me...

well thats all from me. these r just basic things i would like to change for my class, i would also like to see a difference between xbow and bow rangers but that needs a very deep revamp of feat trees so maybe if someone has time for this can share their views in this thread.

P.S. Funcom please use this information to make yours and our game more interesting and more skill based. thank you
    Ketzaquatl-Ranger-Fury-Night Watch

I hope they change the ranger mechanic so they will stop OS people.

Buff, Arrow KB, instant > 10k in a second.

Nice gameplay.

(i have one, and i do exactly this).

Quote Originally Posted by Bonera View Post
    pve:

well pve there is only one thing,since ranger is different to other rogues like bs is different to other healers, the general tree of rangers should be redone, the group - hate buff should be in the second row instead of reduction of search ability.just swap them,no one uses it anyway)
    The general tree is the same for all archetypes. Changing it for rangers would change it for all rogues.

And some do use General feats. Having a cheat the reaper/minus hate spec for rogues is encouraged in my main guild for T4 rogues.

Personally, I'd want to restore the pre-revamp ranged combos (along with the pre-revamp dps my rangers used to do). But as I don't think Funcom will do that I'm not holding my breath.

3) instead of those cc traps, and except the 2 ranged cc's mentioned above. ranger should apply his root and melee knock with melee combos,and they should be made combos not the buff mechanic here its essential, so it will be just like any other melee players cc but with different name!!!with that the trees must be redone a bit so ranger with any build could afford either of combinations e/g fear,root, stun or fear,root,kb or fear stun kb and so on, 4 cc to choose from but can have only 3 or less depending on build.
    This isn't a bad idea. Having rangers' best CCs be melee combos actually might be fun. However, I'm not too sure all the soldiers that expect the ranger shield or sword and sins the ranger dagger should go to them when they drop in a raid would be all that happy when rangers start rolling on them again.

My ranger pre revamp was only 60ish but was a blast to play. Post revamp i leveled it to 80 and shelved it. Its boring... BORING!!! Up down combo over and over and over again... yay so fun. Shoot me now.

I dont know how the old ranger was at 80 for dps and pvp so i cant comment on that... but i for 1 would love to see the old pre revamp combat back.

Never happen though will it.

AoC is not high fantasy so you can't really have rangers shoot arrows while moving
    Only Legolas can do that

You can do white hits with melee weapons while moving

Quote Originally Posted by Aylis View Post
    My ranger pre revamp was only 60ish but was a blast to play. Post revamp i leveled it to 80 and shelved it. Its boring... BORING!!! Up down combo over and over and over again... yay so fun. Shoot me now.

I dont know how the old ranger was at 80 for dps and pvp so i cant comment on that... but i for 1 would love to see the old pre revamp combat back.

Never happen though will it.
    You had stances. You had different combo animations, different combo sounds...more and different combo effects and feels. You could know what to expect from a combo...quick shot was "quick", heartseeker really did reliable damage (all without the need for AA combinations, advantages or exploits). You had more than a few valid hybrid builds, general tree was possible to feat and combine with nice endtier feats...traps also meant more than just a dps buff...

@Darkness:
    Actually there have been working suggestions to allow shooting by moving. But it should not be "standard" and come with penalties and should need specialization. All solveable with a good feat tree design and an idea about the class.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd July 2013 at 09:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post

Nice gameplay.

Buff, arrow kb and instant is 10k in a second?
    lol and you say you have ranger
    buff + linebreaker might do aroud 2k dmg, after that there is no instant (if you meant tts) because you havent done enough dmg for target to reach 35%.
    But i do agree that ranger is silly and damn easy to play. Easiest class of all. Also tts is stupid ability that can crit above 3k on good geared ranger.
    Old ranger was fun class, bring back something like it and not this caster we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Buff, arrow kb and instant is 10k in a second?
    lol and you say you have ranger
    buff + linebreaker might do aroud 2k dmg, after that there is no instant (if you meant tts) because you havent done enough dmg for target to reach 35%.
    But i do agree that ranger is silly and damn easy to play. Easiest class of all. Also tts is stupid ability that can crit above 3k on good geared ranger.
    Old ranger was fun class, bring back something like it and not this caster we have now.
    Well Well...

We all know destruct attack hit sometime at 3 k +.

And the destruct line at 2 k more +

The instant often critical at 4 k.

Not everytime, but this is often (and well, without critical, you gank so easy everyone)

Ranger was a balanced interesting class to play, but whole game been dumbed down.
    Kinaputten

for me, ranger CC traps, at least, should all be 1 seconds prevent them from being deployed while running; the same logic of not shooting while running, and the fire trap could be transformed into a "bomb" animation like the concussive blast --- rangers shoot from afar and kill targets easily on pvp and then when someone goes for them they just run away "sh1tting" traps plus the fact they can feat more PASSIVE movement speed, changing the traps to not being INSTANT would make rangers think twice before running away like rabitts and possibly make them start using sword and shield when someone is close and feat themselves more balanced to survive/damage instead of pure damage with TT gear for crits

well, no matter how good or bad our suggestions are, funcom wont change anything until mages get revamp next year, so better save all suggestions for that time

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonium View Post

Nice gameplay.

depends on the target class and his gear/stats
    Why i play AoC:
    Barb for Lore;
    HoX for challenge;
    BS for fun;
    Ranger to annoy;

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast