Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community Managers ?

Default Community Managers ?

My question would be... what are they for ?

As far as i know Tarib is the last community manager around with maybe Effiluna but haven't seen him post anything for like four months.
    Is their job only do copy/paste update notes on the forums and one or two other post every 3 months ? Or am i missing something ?

With all due respect, the only useful, community wise, community manager i've seen in five years on these boards was Morteia who supported ingame events and "Your Voice"(and maybe Waldgeist for ze Germans). I'm probably too naïve but i thought their rôle was to be an asset to the community.

As far as i am concerned, i'm not that much intrested in upcoming content, never was. Sure, new dungeons, raids, PvP mechanics and all is nice but player created content would be a huge plus while waiting for content. So can we expect funcom to support the organization of events like Morteia did?

By supporting i just mean helping with rewards such as: funcom points, crates of XP, gold maybe, PvP tokens, etc.

Help players create content themselves.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Tarib has really never done much. Since the GD canceled the weekly community updates, we've seen even less of him. It would be nice if there was some community interaction, but were all on the ignore list for another 2 weeks when they release new patch from TL.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

CMs have a few more things to do than posting patch notes. They have to contact marketing for special events such as the anniversary. Then, they hae meetings with devs or the GD to communicate feedback that they collect from the forums. That's three games and three communities, which can be a lot of work for one guy, plus there's even more work to do.

Edit:
    I'm sure if someone contatcs Tarib for help with events (e. g. for Funcom Points) he/she will get help or at least an answer
    Last edited by Melcom; 16th July 2013 at 15:37.
    Melcom ~ Head Moderator
    Deutsche Community

Age of Conan Website ~ Forenregeln ~ Funcom Kunden Service
    End User Lisence Agreement ~ Terms of Service ~ Rules of Conduct

Anmerkung: Die in diesem Beitrag ausgedrückten Meinungen sind ausschließlich die des Autors und spiegeln nicht unbedingt die Ansichten von Funcom oder dessen Management wieder.

Wish my job was to sit read 1 forum everyday, and pretend to read this one.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Still, imagine you'd really read the forums, filter and sort the feedback (of which there is plenty and not all in the same direction) and then you see where all your energy, communication and work results in or is ignored somewhere at the top (NOT meaning the GD here, i know too little of fc structure to judge. But if i use the input-black box-output approach, something is suboptimal (plenty of input - slow and few to no output (not even "thevoice" anymore)).

I would NOT like that job...must be quite frustrating.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th July 2013 at 16:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Still, imagine you'd really read the forums, filter and sort the feedback (of which there is plenty and not all in the same direction) and then you see where all your energy, communication and work results in or is ignored somewhere at the top (NOT meaning the GD here, i know too little of fc structure to judge. But if i use the input-black box-output approach, something went wrong or there must be someone making bad decisions (again can't judge why)).

I would NOT like that job...must be quite frustrating.
    Mod has no clue what he really does. They don't work for Funcom.
    I don't read TSW/Anarchy forums, so maybe Tarib is active there, but sure as hell isn't on this one. I doubt he really goes through much of the suggestions/feedback.

Never seen any kind of player events that were assisted by Funcom community manager in game or on this forum. For 5 years, the voice feature by Morteia was only thing ever done, plus it was late.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

Quote Originally Posted by Melcom View Post
    Edit:
    I'm sure if someone contatcs Tarib for help with events (e. g. for Funcom Points) he/she will get help or at least an answer
    Sent him a PM a week ago, waiting for an answer. Not that i'm impatient, just with AoC's current population and content comming slow for various reasons, this aspect of the game is the one i'm the more intrested in.

And thanks for the information on what their Job is.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdead View Post
    Never seen any kind of player events that were assisted by Funcom community manager in game or on this forum. For 5 years, the voice feature by Morteia was only thing ever done, plus it was late.
    To be fair it wasn't always needed, in my opinion, to support player events ( of course it would always have been appreciated). Before 1.05, no character progression, so raids, siege or organized events were equal content. After 1.05 and up to the time my server was merged with Fury, population and strong guild rivalries where able to sustain a decent amount of open-wolrd events spontaneous ones or not.

These days more than before Events are undermined by raids, KK tours and Mini-games. Tough to compete when you give no shiny loot, no XP, no AA points, no DKP points. Character progression being what it is...
    Around three months ago Morteia gave me 6*1.200 funcom points to give to the winners of an event i organized. It was great, and going a little further making Events and alternative way to play the game some nights would be awesome.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Hm, what makes me wonder is fact that there are people around these boards who work full time job, they got families, other things to do etc., they actually play AoC and still they manage to read and write in bunch of topics. I guess being CM is really demanding job

Quote Originally Posted by bandytaz View Post
    Hm, what makes me wonder is fact that there are people around these boards who work full time job, they got families, other things to do etc., they actually play AoC and still they manage to read and write in bunch of topics. I guess being CM is really demanding job
    dude, work is work, if out of work stuff impairs your work duties, you aint doin your job well

If i remember righ Joel told them to not post unless something big/important is coming.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast