Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Funcom Merge the servers or do something

Quote Originally Posted by Binderato View Post
    all these suggestion would be useless without player base.

Merge the servers NOW
    Merging the servers won't create a playerbase. It will just make you feel like the playerbase grew for a couple of months.

They need to actually come up with something that will draw crowds of new players and players who left back into the game to create a playerbase.

However...making the changes based on these previously mentioned suggestions might help to make the playerbase stop shrinking as fast as it has been.

Quote Originally Posted by twofeathers View Post
    Merging the servers won't create a playerbase. It will just make you feel like the playerbase grew for a couple of months.

They need to actually come up with something that will draw crowds of new players and players who left back into the game to create a playerbase.

However...making the changes based on these previously mentioned suggestions might help to make the playerbase stop shrinking as fast as it has been.
    You just said it yourself. It allows the servers to be populated for a few more month which at the moment is the best option for the game.

You can't be narrow minded think in the big picture.

Phase 2 would be merging the servers. so if they can get phase 2 done then phase 3 would be on the way. Then the latency issue would be on the way, unchained minis, etc.

You can't have a broken ground base of a game and then add more "new" material to it, it would just create more broken bugs etc.

The current game is terrible, high latency for Funcom's biggest player base the EU. So the entire phase 1 was a big "screw you" to funcoms biggest player base, because EU didn't get new players because server merge never happened, so they sacrificed their ping and got nothing in return.

Tyranny had many many people come back, but all left due to nothing happening in the past 2 months. Tyranny = more dead than ever.

By merging the servers, funcom can have a sort of fresh "base" to add new materials into, a solid player base on both servers.
    - Httassadar 80 pvp 7 tos tyranny
    - Fatherbinder 80 pvp 7 pom tyranny

Merge the servers already!!
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Honestly set will gain a lot of population, despite not realy being an increase for us in their prime time hours on all other hours should be very noticeable.

tyrany players are very hyped up for nothing, its not reasonable to expect pvp servers to grow when there is no prospect of open world content in near future, and russian "skills" going unbanned wont make new fury any less russian .
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by m4gg0t View Post
    Merge the servers already!!
    They are too busy being on vacation until Aug 5

which is stupid imo. every other company is releasing content in summer while funcom are on holiday.
    Keella - LvL 80 BS - PvP 10.50 (Main)
    Lexxiia - LvL 80 Ranger - PvP 7.68 (2nd Main)
    Sskylla - LvL 80 Sin - PvP 4.55 (1st Alt)
    Lexxaa - LvL 80 Conq - PvP 4.20 (2nd Alt)
    Esteell - LvL 80 HoX - PvP 2.05 (3rd Alt)

Quote Originally Posted by noite80 View Post
    Honestly set will gain a lot of population, despite not realy being an increase for us in their prime time hours on all other hours should be very noticeable.

tyrany players are very hyped up for nothing, its not reasonable to expect pvp servers to grow when there is no prospect of open world content in near future, and russian "skills" going unbanned wont make new fury any less russian .
    Honestly, I don't see a whole lot of future for open world pvp servers no matter what they do. I have a 44 barb on deathwish, and she just sits there on my character list anymore because getting ganked in Field of the Dead by a bored player 20 levels higher while I'm turning in a quest is so much fun.

What are these russian "skills" you are referring to? I don't understand the phrase or reference.

He's talking about cheats. Cheat accusations are rampant on Fury and there are definitely some real ones (not as many as people say though, the game has such bad network code that people with a crappy internet get bullied all day long and servers located in the US don't help).

Besides the good old speedhack/comber (that actually got advertised on global several times) we get the very funny gear buyers who get their full t4 set without ever doing any raid (most shocking was those who did that on the b&g server).

These people do get banned but not for long and when they come back they still have their hacked gear etc (heard about some who hacked to get full AA as well but that is something hard to see)
    Mostly they just change their name and carry on playing. And yea it seems most of those players are Russians.
    However don't get fooled by people who say "x guild" is full of cheaters there's not THAT many of them, it's a minority and they just change name constantly or roll alts etc.
    Last edited by kalston; 21st July 2013 at 01:21.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by longtail View Post
    The fact that a game is childish or more adult has nothing to do with the underlying program. While I'm no expert I have read a few academic research papers on MMO game design (centered around simulation loops) and programming - most of these architectures are similar in complexity. In fact many of the really complex aspects of a game engine doesn't change much. I'm almost certain every MMO game has a scripting layer built on top of their game engine for programming quests and content - these scripts are easily understood by entry level programmers, who do not need a degree in computer science to work on.
    But the point I was trying to make is that these bigger selling games that target mostly ages 7-15 (give or take) are going to have a bigger gain than games like Conan that are targeting 18+ that mostly 30+ play. It's not the programming I was referring to but the financial stability needed to pay the programmers. Even though a wider range of ages play those games, it's only because people will flock to the higher populated games, being mostly children or not. Funcom won't have that luxury because they won't have the age group majority that define population in any mmo. Games like GW2, WoW, Aion, Rift, etc, are mostly "children" games. Teens and young adults do play them and they do consider those age groups to the extent of knowing most will play due to the majority of children who propel population. So they'll pepper in some adult oriented themes. While AoC relies mostly on adult oriented themes.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567