Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: PvP for Better PvE

I approve of this thread. It's about time some pvers start to take a few dumps into pvp forum. However
    Quote Originally Posted by doomkiller View Post
    6 mans r too hard
    . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
    . . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
    . . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
    . . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
    . . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
    . . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
    . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
    . . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
    . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
    . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
    . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
    . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
    . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
    . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
    . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
    . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
    ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
    . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    You only need enough rares to buy the helm and chest, the rest you can get from all the easy GS modes and marks of acclaim. I did not get all the rare tokens in one week, but seeing how you gets anywhere from 2-6 for group instances it does not take very long when you do a few circuits a day. BB gear is easy to get since you don't have to do instances people ignore like Pagoda, pillars, or the bomberman.

I only had T3 gear for pve gear, one week I decided to get BB gear when I was on vacation and pretty much was able to buy/grind a full set in 5 days. Of course I had about 290 rares to start with as well because I never bought any faction pve gear...
    Okay I see. thanks. I Need only for 2 pieces the rares (didn't see that) so it is not too bad.

regards
    Rage - Liangxu - Demo

i've been asking this for years why they segregate pvp and pve weapons and armor: simple answer craig wanted more grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Liangxu View Post
    Okay I see. thanks. I Need only for 2 pieces the rares (didn't see that) so it is not too bad.

regards
    If you plan on buying the DS gear it's 198 rares a piece, and that's just for the small pieces. The stats are kind of meh but the gear looks cool.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Evito View Post
    Well all that stuff is getting buffed up at some point, I assume it will be above Khitai armor. At the moment it pretty much sucks and isn't remotely worth bothering with.
    I think the big question is if the dragonspine 6 man armor is part of the "set bonus" armor, or is that going to be solely tied to the raid gear from Palace of Cetriss. Or are both part of the same set?

Who knows.

Guess we will find out next year, lol.

Set bonuses will never exist (which is good thing), unless Joel retracted his 18 statements saying just that in some post I have not read.
    And I'm totally ok with that, but if there is a "set bonus", it better be tied to the T5 raid. Personally I'd rather not have a set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    And I'm totally ok with that, but if there is a "set bonus", it better be tied to the T5 raid. Personally I'd rather not have a set bonus.
    I agree, set bonus stats should stay with diablo style games where they belong. T4 gear is already maxed out, how much more do you want. I can't see gear really getting any better than t4, but they do need to make the Cetriss items desirable.

T4 gear is already DPS oriented. Perhaps stats like evade, immunity, physical and magical taps, magic and stamina regen, protection, fatality rating, and magic and damage % increase should be seen on the new gear to make it unique- not upping Crit rating even more which is already out of control.
    Doomsayer 2008

A point probably worth mentioning: With the dps on the T4 items adding protection for T5 is only going to make them even more attractive for PvP.

Gap between PvP and PvE gear needs to be eliminated first.
    Forever Raidleader
    --
    Ellesar lvl80 Conq // Ellessar lvl80 Guard // Lesar lvl80 DT
    Shurriken lvl80 Sin // Sleeperson lvl80 Ranger // Killtacular lvl80 Barb
    Persefonna lvl80 Necro // Catharsis lvl80 Demo // Spitfiree lvl80 HoX
    Yinward lvl80 BS // Electrifying lvl80 ToS // Pominho lvl80Pom
    Cunningblade lvl 80 Conq

sry for the late reply as i have been sick over the weekend until now. No i was actually planning on getting the Brittle Blade set as i like the stats on that.

regards
    Rage - Liangxu - Demo

Unless they will give classes that aren't tanks reason to have protection and taps and regen for new raids/6 mans it won't matter, DPS will be only stat that is relevant (T3.5 did this well, T4 was mostly just tank n spank stuff with no reason to, outside maybe 2 encounters).
    That's true but how much higher can you go with crit rating and crit damage? Protection equipment is perfectly viable for all classes regardless if it's needed in t4 or not. If funcom insists on keeping pvp gear in 2010, why not update the new sets from DS to include protection and other stats rather than just making crit rating even higher than +74 a piece, that's stupidly high already and the reason why t4 gear can be so OP for certain burst classes.

I can see someone's point about progression, but seriously, no way can you make gear better than t4 without improving older gear. The gap between t3-t4 is already huge, and t2/t3 pvp armor has not been updated since it's release. At some point you have to let gear catch up with itself and stop inflating it.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast